Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

A safety certificate? So we don't have one already? If we didn't we wouldn't be able to play any games at Stonebridge Road!

Given that at present there is always a huge gap between the Swanscombe End and the Stonebridge Road Stand as an exclusion zone (But why?), where is this zone going to start and end tomorrow night? This has to be one of the poorest thought out decisions I can remember! Can the person(s) who decided this make themselves known?

As I have mentioned before, what happens when most of our crowd turn up to be told they cant stand where they want to? It is less than 24 hours notice and most of the crowd wont even know about it. I cant even say in words anymore how disgusted this is making me feel, I turned my computer off for an hour or two to calm down but its just made me angrier sitting thinking about it.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
By the entire terrace - does that include Brian's travel hut, the club shop and the tea hut? If you are unaware they are all on that terrace.
If that bit of the terrace IS given to Aldershit, we will have a terrace about 5 steps high and less than 30 yards long in which to accommodate about 1000 fans.
H&S aware of this too?

I agree with you - this is a crap decision. Looks like no one in authority foresaw what could happen - 12 o'clock today the cops put the boot in - I don't know what alternative solution is available. I don't think we can ban all away supporters as we have obligations under league rules to accomodate them.

We could of course do what we have ALWAYS done, and done safely - put them ALL at the Swanscombe end.
Good grief, there were 6500 in the ground against Canvey - there is ample room for them on the Swanscombe terrace and side bit.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
I don't think we can ban all away supporters as we have obligations under league rules to accomodate them.

Not ban them, turn them away when the end is full.

Can't do that Chris - the cops won't allow it - they don't want a few hundred Aldershot fans (with the reputation of some of them) roaming around the town pissed off they can't get into the ground. The game should have been all-ticket - someone dropped the ball and this is the result.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
I don't think we can ban all away supporters as we have obligations under league rules to accomodate them.

Not ban them, turn them away when the end is full.

Can't do that Chris - the cops won't allow it - they don't want a few hundred Aldershot fans (with the reputation of some of them) roaming around the town pissed off they can't get into the ground. The game should have been all-ticket - someone dropped the ball and this is the result.

You (or 1/29500 th of you) own the effing club.
It's YOUR BALL and YOU dropped it!!!
YOU are the ones responsible.
Better start sorting it out before tommorrow - there's trouble brewing!!!

I'm not looking forward to anything, well I was looking forward to spoiling Aldershot's party. Now, however, as I mentioned in my e-mail to the club, I put up with the name change, put up with myfc, but this is the first time I am considering not attending the game, or at least standing outside and letting people know about the situation before they pay their

i know my mum disabled so were she sit's next to the home dugout's she had a crowed around her that she know's but now that lot have got that end next the home team, so ther've got to go the the other end and have fans walking pass them so iwant to know who had the brain's to think up that plan.

oxford last season say anythink to u lot and how much trouble that was.

i can't be there because i've got to work but since the new saftey officer been there thing's for the fans have gone down hill. so i can have a good guess who came up with it. my mum told me it's happen a few times, and last time that i was there 1 of the female stewards could not do anythink if some trouble started and she had no radio to call for help so i said i can help even if i'm not there anymore half, the stewards are not trained hell the saftey officer is still been trained to run the ground so what's that say about the club choices

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Tell you what, lets all turn-up and pretend to be Aldershite supporters and then stand where we normally do.
Surely even this club would not want to be seen to be ejecting its own supporters would they? ...... but then again yes thay probably would!

Yet another example of the club shooting itself in the foot...and its supporters in the back!

All you have to do, is all the Fleet fans to go in through the Swanscombe End Turnstiles! I can't see how they can stop you all getting in that way! wink laugh

It does make me wonder whether it is all worth it yes, I am still in utter shock about this whole fiasco. What makes it worse though, is how we were treated at their place. They predicted the same sort of following for the trophy game and look at that, they half filled the Swanscombe end. The club, quite clearly, has chosen to take a gamble on getting money from the aldershot fans, but forget this is one game and short term and risk losing my

I wholeheartedly agree Gary. The Club over the years have treated the faithful like sh!t New owners............Nothing has changed.

Awaiting Lord Wah Wahs total denial of Myfc having anything to do with this!

Why didn't Myfc decide to make this an all ticket game?

They are(supposed to be)running the Club, aren't they?