Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

[quote=They are a club which treat away fans abysmally and yet here we are bending over backwards to accomodate their own. It really doesn't make sense!

That is the real point in all this. Treate dlike crap at Exeter and at burton stuffed into a corner. At aldershot we get portaloos and crap food.

Yet the club are bending over backwards to accomodate.Although I wouldnt like to see us treat visitors like we are treated there has to be some hard line stance.

If we have 5,000 sh*ts fans ( ooh that many ? Not ! )decending on us, and Joe Jobsworth of elf & safety got twitchy, we could have moved the game to Gills or Charlton ? but I think that would be against the Geneva Convention or The BSP, or The GLC, or Cross & Blackwells !!

Who is this person who issues the Safety Cerificates ? Is he ( or she ?) a faceless beaurocrat operating under Government Policy to stop people enjoying themselves ( unless you are a Sh*ts fan or course !). Who is he/she accountable to ?

The truth is out there ......but we'll never know as we are just the mushrooms !!

Thank you & goodnight !

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
As far as I know, the ground capacity is now about 5,000. That is approx 1,000 seated + about 4,000 standing on the Swanscombe end and main road stand (and about 500 on the small terraces adjacent to the main stand.
I reckon the capacities of each terrace are about 1500 and 2000 respectively.
following this assumption, the Swanscombe end, the little terrace in the corner and 200 seats in the main stand should easily accommodate any crowd of about 2000 Aldershot should bring.
I presume the 800 regulars who stand on the main road are now expected to crush onto the 40 yards of terrace in front of the shop and refreshment hut.
Do the directors sitting on their cushioned seats or in the board room not realise this is a major pinch point for fans - and the terrace at this point is about 3 steps deep at most.
Just hope that someone tells the stewards we may well HAVE to stand on the yellow chevrons to avoid the danger of crushing. The chief safety officer will have a liabilty in the event of any accidents, especially if there are open areas in other parts of the ground that are off limits.

Again - checked this (there is a concurrent discussion on MyFC) - the police would not agree to segregating down the middle of the terrace or the middle of the stand. The meeting took place with the cops at mid-day today. The cops wouldn't negotiate - given them the terrace or no safety cert.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
As far as I know, the ground capacity is now about 5,000. That is approx 1,000 seated + about 4,000 standing on the Swanscombe end and main road stand (and about 500 on the small terraces adjacent to the main stand.
I reckon the capacities of each terrace are about 1500 and 2000 respectively.
following this assumption, the Swanscombe end, the little terrace in the corner and 200 seats in the main stand should easily accommodate any crowd of about 2000 Aldershot should bring.
I presume the 800 regulars who stand on the main road are now expected to crush onto the 40 yards of terrace in front of the shop and refreshment hut.
Do the directors sitting on their cushioned seats or in the board room not realise this is a major pinch point for fans - and the terrace at this point is about 3 steps deep at most.
Just hope that someone tells the stewards we may well HAVE to stand on the yellow chevrons to avoid the danger of crushing. The chief safety officer will have a liabilty in the event of any accidents, especially if there are open areas in other parts of the ground that are off limits.

Again - checked this (there is a concurrent discussion on MyFC) - the police would not agree to segregating down the middle of the terrace or the middle of the stand. The meeting took place with the cops at mid-day today. The cops wouldn't negotiate - given them the terrace or no safety cert.

Half would have done, surely? Why wouldn't they negotiate?

This is so rubbish!

So where is the segregation line then.

As far as I can make out , it is by the shop. Or are they shutting that as well.

Best bring a flask of tea in case thy shut the tea hut.

Anyone want to bring a ball in case we cant actually get into our own place to watch our own team. We could go chav hunting in the streets I guess.

Originally Posted By: Hannah

Half would have done, surely? Why wouldn't they negotiate?

Just relating what's been said on the other forum. Cops wouldn't agree to segregating the terrace. They insisted on the entire terrace been given to away fans or no safety cert. When it comes to crowd control it appears they do notnegotiate. It appears that they are also expecting trouble.

By the entire terrace - does that include Brian's travel hut, the club shop and the tea hut? If you are unaware they are all on that terrace.

If that bit of the terrace IS given to Aldershit, we will have a terrace about 5 steps high and less than 30 yards long in which to accommodate about 1000 fans.

H&S aware of this too?

It's going to be Stonebridge Road - Home of Aldershot Town FC for tomorrow.

Is part of the idea of a home match is for the home team to be surrounded by most of their fans by at least three sides of the ground?

Sacha will be going over to the Aldershot fans at full time when we win, because he wouldn't know where the home fans are!

The club try to encourage more fans? HOW?? They're driving them away! Bit of common sense wouldn't go a miss

I go back to my earlier point...... if we kept the away supporters in the end that has been allocated to them we wouldn't be looking at using the covered terrace at all! The numbers of Aldershit fans travelling hava always been over-estimated over the years and there is no reason to suppose any different here and I think you fail to realise just how badly treated Away fans are dealt with at their place. There is no way we should be accomodating them at the expense of our own.

And if what you are saying is true...... why haven't the club simply said that instead of the ambiguous "the club have been advised strongly to allow more space for away fans." Surely it should be something like, "On Police insistance........etc,"

Personally, I hope they get promoted so we don't have to suffer them next year. I really wont miss the camp-site latrines and [****!!****] coffee.

What makes me chuckle is the appeal for people to got to the club tomorrow with their own laptops and spend their own free time keying in data yet on the other hand we are undesired at the game tomorrow.

Im not commenting anymore on this as my blood pressure is high and im stressed and about to have an argument with someone.

By the entire terrace - does that include Brian's travel hut, the club shop and the tea hut? If you are unaware they are all on that terrace.
If that bit of the terrace IS given to Aldershit, we will have a terrace about 5 steps high and less than 30 yards long in which to accommodate about 1000 fans.
H&S aware of this too?

I agree with you - this is a crap decision. Looks like no one in authority foresaw what could happen - 12 o'clock today the cops put the boot in - I don't know what alternative solution is available. I don't think we can ban all away supporters as we have obligations under league rules to accomodate them.