Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

So, as I see it - there are 2 options for those who still want to see the game tomorrow...

(i) Get to the ground early, and plonk yourself in a seat, or find somewhere to stand.

(ii) Use the Swanscombe end turnstiles and move as far down towards the Plough End as possible.

I would imagine anyone turning up late COULD possibly be refused entry into the 'home' end as maximum capacity there is now going to be 500 seats in the Plough End, plus however many you think can get onto the little terrace along side main stand. Plus the few seats in the Main Stand.

Not many is it - what would have happened had Fleet still been in serious contention for a play-off place?

This whole plan is inviting trouble, there is already bad feeling in the 'Fleet' v 'Shots' games, the decision to give them OUR ground has, to put it mildly, wound a number of 'Fleet' supporters up a tad, I would hate for there to be crowd trouble at this or any game our club is involved in and I hope none of our supporters get involved in any nonsense, but the club needs to rethink the way it's going to handle games such as this.

Very poor decision at a time when many "true" fleet fans have just "maxed" out their credit cards to buy tickets for friends and family. Is this how the Club rewards its fanbase?

As much as I welcome MYFC, I do genuinely feel they are focusing too much on the "internet business" side of things, while overlooking some of the local fans concerns. It all seems to be about money, money and more money.

Lesson Number 1 in running a Football Club: Stop hiding behind your laptop screens chaps and start listening to the fans that come through the gates week-in week-out. A fans forum maybe?

Can there be anything worse than to alienate your own fans in their own ground?

The club could have simply told Aldershot that the away terrace has a capacity of 1500 (or whatever) and that's all we will be able to accommodate.

I know other sh**'s fans might have tried to enter via the home turnstiles, but that's always a risk at any home game and they do have their nutter fringe, but to treat your own fans as 2nd class citizens is inexcusable.

If the game cannot be hosted on our own terms, then it should not take place until it does.

I predict the 500 - 700 Shots fans that may turn up will find their way into our comfy stand, we will be squished into the Plough end and the Swanscombe end will be empty.

I dont think the burger van/hut will be doing much business as there will be no room to q....perhaps I can rent a few square feet inside....on the other hand perhaps I'll just not bother.

I just cant understand why foresight was not used and this game was made all ticket, but I guess this just sums our joke of a club up. I feel sorry for Liam and the players most, I just cant believe all this crap. The sad thing is, I can now understamd why we cant attract new fans when we are having trouble keeping ahold of all the long term fans that the club already has.

Totally agree AFF.

I was at Kiddy last week and BK came over in the 2nd half and stood with the travelling fans - a class act by a guy who I consider to be an outstanding chairman.

But this is just pants - ok I know the H&S mafia might have had their say, but am not convinced.

This is a PR a disaster!

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
So we won't be able to stand under cover?

**Cancels raindance**

What an empty little club we are.

Don't cancel it HJA - a postponement of the game would be fine.. Sh!ts would have the league all sorted by the time game was re-arranged!

I never ever thought I would be wishing that a game at Stonebridge Road to be called off but I am now. As PatMan said the Aldersh*t would have the league done and dusted by the time we would play them in the rearranged game. That way this bullsh*t would not go down.

My email to the club, for what it's worth:

To those in the know

There is currently a massively growing debate on the Fleet Forum about the arrangements for the Aldershot game tomorrow.

Not one comment supports the decision to effectively give over our ground to a club with a large minority of fans with a proven reputation for causing trouble. I have always been 100% loyal to what the Fleet have tried to do, yet I am utterly bewildered & disappointed by this one.

You have a public relations disaster on your hands, whether you caused it or not, & need to put out a statement immediately, clarifying the reason for this decision. If it's because the police insisted on it, because they feared trouble from the Aldershot following, what kind of message does that give out? Behave like a thug & you get your own way. Do we live in a civilised society or one where the police can dictate unacceptable conditions on law abiding people because of the anticipated activities of violent people that they should be able to, but cannot, control?

Just to rub salt in the wound: no John Akinde, no Chukki, no Paul McCarthy & according to earlier reports no Stacy Long, 4 players who were instrumental in ensuring we knocked Aldershot out the Trophy. Looks like being a good evening.

Graham S

Once again the failure to openly and transparently communicate with all stakeholders(hate the word but it does apply here) sees confusion and anger reign.

One of the failings of MYFC so far(and really it is new..in both concept and structure)is poor communication. I've raised the issue a number of times with some small but fleeting(read 'token') success.

The issue of the Aldershot game being a 'crunch game' should have been raised by the powers that be and presented in Article form with the option to comment. I'm sure that FansFocus/MYFC'ers would've raised the issue of crowds and would've arrived at having an all ticket game. Then again the MYFC site is so cluttered that this may have come up as one of a thousand threads. But something this important should have had top billing.

Reaching, and coping with the logistics of the FA Trophy has been a double edged sword for the organisers.

I can't see anything changing in the next few hours so the club should compensate the regulars for the 'inconvenience' through a discount for next years season ticket for those with proof of attendance tonight and/or free admittance to anyone with a local rates notice or some form of ID linking them to the area. The second option may exacerbate the crowding worries.

Playing devils advocate....

Okay on the one side.

How many home fans will we get tomorrow?

About 800?

I'm not saying I like the idea but Aldershot anticipate about 2,000. 2,000 would never get into the Swanscombe End. So with us having space in the home end would it not make sense to give this up for the away fans? We'll make loads of monay on tomorrows game.

On the other hand....

Police or whoever say they don't want the extra fans that are expected to travel that our away end can't accomodate roaming the streets. Now as I said above we'll be expecting 800 home fans for tomorrow. However what if, lets say, this game was the final game of the season and Aldershot and ourselves were in a bitter Canvey style title race? What would the police do then? So it's a Saturday match, final game of the season and the winner goes up. You can expect a lot more than 2,000 fans for each team to turn up. What would they do then?