Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Hannah
If Aldershot bring 2000 fans tomorrow I'll eat my programme.

Well......................You are a sheep! laugh bolt

Throw some grass in between the pages and you've got my daily lunch! grin

I dont keep up with things as much as most of the halfway liners but there was talk of this being Aldershots title clinching match about 3 weeks ago. As previously mentioned, when a rain or shine 110% supporter like Dave Holden turns his back on the club we really do have problems.

This has come at a time when everyone should be building up the anticipation for Wembley and is a massive PR disaster. The club should have stood their ground with the police and if the game was called off then so be it.

If there is trouble i feel that with emotions running high amonst the regular fans, they will be more likely to get involved rather than letting it pass them by as would normally happen.

Liverpool beating Arsenal for me!

Night games are a struggle for me to get to nowadays, but tonight I now cant be arsed. Which is a shame as not missed a fleet Aldershot game for quite a while.

the pub and champs league beckons.

No problems with the Shots . But p*ss poor decision from us.

We know we are tin pot,but this is a step to far.

I have booked a day off today to travel down to get my FAT tickets and stay on to watch the game I can't believe what i am reading are the Fleet officials for real What a waste of a 400 mile round trip for me I am tempted to get my tickets over the phone and sod them for 2nites game and to make matters worse they are buggered up my order for the FAT shirt.

My dad and many others will be turning in their graves over this. The club deserve no supporters let alone the 700 die hards

I've just posted this on another topic, I can't get to midweek games anyway, but i feel very strongly about this, so I've decided to make my protest by boycotting the last two Saturday home games this season, against Altrincham and Oxford. Ok, so it's only a token gesture and they'll never even notice my

Are Safety certificates issued on a match by match basis ?, I assumed that one was given for the season ?

Surely there has to be a minimum period of notice to make changes like this IF changes have to be done. 30 hours cant be it. Torquays fault for not winning on Sat, that would have taken us out of the title winning equation.

I read that the club have to allocate places for away fans ?, Surely its only a certain percentage, eg 10% or so, thats why in the FA Cup you get higher travelling fans as they are allocated a bigger part of the ground under FA Cup Rules?

I only read about this late last night when most of the talk had taken place, but the way it reads on the other forum if that they got an email at 12.30pm yesterday, ie about 30 hours before kick off saying you have 2 options. Away fans get the covered terrace or we shut the away end completely . How can a club make a decision when they are put in that position ?

I can see Man U being told on Thursday, btw, Birmingham are having a big away day on Sat, 15,000 want to come, they have to get all of one end. I suppose the joys of tickets being bought for match, decisions have to be made weeks in advance.

So take Droyleden this weekend, average about 450 ish. We somehow take a big following there. Do they shove their home cans in the wet uncovered bits as we take the main stand ?. Any league rules here ?

Bad business all around, and so sorry for DA11 and the gang who spent Saturday trying to build up goodwill for the club to have this happen a couple of days later.

Sorry about the situation tonight guy's can not imagine how we would feel having to give up the eastbank if the situation was reversed.Can asure you this has nothing to do with Aldershot Town fc.If you are going to let the club know how you feel about this as i think this is not the first time the club have s--t on you.Would not boycotting wembley be more of a take notice statement.I know this sounds radical but think how this would look on world wide tv and national media coverage your BOD would have to take note of this action.But in reality this just wont happen so perhaps a large banner at wembley stating how you all feel.Any way guy's hope you lose tonight & torquay good luck in final & your demo remember stick together.

Originally Posted By: red stone
*Stop press*

Liverpool fc to give kop end to arsenal in tonights euro tie

Comments like this devalue the arguement. Liverpool fill the kop. What was the crowd the other night 500 ?
imo a solution would be to keep the terrace clear until you know what the situation is with Aldershot fans. If 800 turn up no probs and let the regulars in. If 2k turn up you can go the other way. I dont think the club is yet in a situation to turn away 500 playing customers where ever they are from even the most die hard fan must be able to see that.

Originally Posted By: ahsatan
How are they planning to segregate it, how will they determine who supports who if the regulars decide to stand on the side terracing ? Sounds to me as if its trouble waiting to happen

There is no worry about segregating it - Sh!ts are getting ALL of it!.

Edit - no, they are not. Club in about turn. Timing is everything!

Originally Posted By: Cardomon
Originally Posted By: red stone
*Stop press*

Liverpool fc to give kop end to arsenal in tonights euro tie

Comments like this devalue the arguement. Liverpool fill the kop. What was the crowd the other night 500 ?
imo a solution would be to keep the terrace clear until you know what the situation is with Aldershot fans. If 800 turn up no probs and let the regulars in. If 2k turn up you can go the other way. I dont think the club is yet in a situation to turn away 500 playing customers where ever they are from even the most die hard fan must be able to see that.

What "the most die hard fan" and anyone else with an ounce of common sense can see is, this situation became apparant at least two weeks ago. Plenty of time for the Club to make it an all ticket game, so the Club would have known how many Aldershot fans were going to attend.
This is just another of a long list of PR disasters, and another kick in the teeth for the regular fan!