Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

Sounds like a right nightmare, and can understand your bitterness to the webmasters. Making it all ticket earlier would of helped to see how many Shots fans are going along.

I'm not sure we'll bring much more that 900 personally. Let's hope whatever the number the match passes off peacefully between the supporters, as we've never had rivalry in the past.

we should all pile into the stand behind liam and give some severe stick to those who made the decision, we need to stand up for what we believe..... Can we let aldershot manager pick our team for us as we seem to have passed the reins for tonights game

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Cardomon
Originally Posted By: red stone
*Stop press*

Liverpool fc to give kop end to arsenal in tonights euro tie

Comments like this devalue the arguement. Liverpool fill the kop. What was the crowd the other night 500 ?
imo a solution would be to keep the terrace clear until you know what the situation is with Aldershot fans. If 800 turn up no probs and let the regulars in. If 2k turn up you can go the other way. I dont think the club is yet in a situation to turn away 500 playing customers where ever they are from even the most die hard fan must be able to see that.

What "the most die hard fan" and anyone else with an ounce of common sense can see is, this situation became apparant at least two weeks ago. Plenty of time for the Club to make it an all ticket game, so the Club would have known how many Aldershot fans were going to attend.
This is just another of a long list of PR disasters, and another kick in the teeth for the regular fan!

Maybe but what would you have done if word came back from Aldershot that they'd sold out and requested another 1000 tickets ?

If you designate an away area, you only sell tickets to fill that area. No other Club would move their home supporters out, Do you think Aldershot would have done the same if the roles were reversed?

The Halfway Liners(and others) have dug deep in their pockets, from time to time, to keep the Club afloat. This is a smack in the face that in the long term could reduce, not increase gates.

I only hope this move doesn't cause trouble, that the Club say they were trying to avoid. I wouldn't be surprised to hear taunting from the Aldershot supporters about it!

If you designate an away area, you only sell tickets to fill that area. No other Club would move their home supporters out, Do you think Aldershot would have done the same if the roles were reversed?

This is just plain wrong its happened many times.
When Pompey played Bradford City last game of the Championship season Bradford moved all their season tickets holders out of one of the side stands so they could accomodate 8k Pompey fans, is just one recent example.
Their fans accepted the club couldn't turn down the cash.

This is just plain wrong its happened many times.
When Pompey played Bradford City last game of the Championship season Bradford moved all their season tickets holders out of one of the side stands so they could accomodate 8k Pompey fans, is just one recent example.
Their fans accepted the club couldn't turn down the cash.

Exactly...Cash(for a one off), against the feelings of your regular supporters!
How long before we hear the owners of the Club bleating about poor gates?

Originally Posted By: David Holden
At that point you are working with real numbers and you can begin to plan accordingly rather than make plans based on (mainly) internet gossip.

I have to agree with this one Dave. Looks like the cops are panicing based on the claims of a few people on an internet forum. Even on their forum people are saying they'll only have 800-900.

Yes thats the blunt reality.
You honestly expect the club (if the 2.5k turn up) to say no you cant come it we dont need your money ?
You already get poor gates. Thats why they have to do it.

As I said.....They could end up with lower gates because of this...........How does that make financial sense?

Just posted my opinion on the BK thread :

Seems to me the biggest single problem here is not knowing how many Aldersh!t fans are coming .

As regards filling up their terraces , it's quite simple - fill the swanny end , first row behind the goal , then the second row , third row etc ( stewarded and ensured compliance , obviously ) WITHOUT permitting any of them to enter the end of the stonebridge road terrace until the last two or three rows of the Swanny end are left . A Steward keeping an eye on the queue ( or not ! ) outside the swanny end turnstiles would then give a better idea of how much more room is needed , if any , before they are admitted to the Stonebridge road stand .

If not needed , segregate the last quarter of the stand between and home fans are in .

Just a thought ; I could of course be very wrong !

Well either way I always planned to go. Cause the players and the management deserve the best support we can possibly give. And by boycotting the game I would feel that we are letting them down as it is not them that has done anything wrong.

And I am like Sth London Fleet in that I too I love the team no matter where I stand or sit.