Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poss League Line up 2008/09

Chopper

Just looked at anothers site. 1893 dropped a couple of points last night after drawing with Eton Manor 2-2. If 1893 beat Barkingside, Romford and Bowers/Pitsea they would have 80pts. Barkingside, if losing to 1893 still have a further three games, which, if they win would give them 80pts as well. Then it wouldcome down to the goal difference which 1893 have the edge on at the moment.

1893 could still end up in our division as 2 clubs are promoted. The two clubs would be replaced in the ESL by Ilford and one other. chat

I think a second place club at step 5 would be very fortunate if they got promotion.

"Each of the step 5 leagues will nominate the club finishing in 1st position subject to meeting the entry criteria and wishing to be considered for promotion. In the event of the 1st placed club not being nominated, the club finishing in 2nd position can be nominated subject to the same criteria. Both the clubs relegated from Step 4 and the clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be placed in a feeder pool and allocated to the most geographically appropriate league.

In the event that there are more clubs qualifying for promotion than spaces available, priority will be given to the Champion clubs in Step 5 leagues. If there remains vacancies, clubs finishing in 2nd place in Step 5 leagues will be ranked according to the average number of points gained per games played.

Clubs seeking promotion from Step 5 to Step 4 must make application in writing to The Football Association, copied to their existing league, by 31st December in the relevant year. The application must be accompanied by the agreed grading fee, as determined by the LC, which is non refundable. The Football Association will arrange for ground grading visits to take place before 31st March in the relevant year. A final list of clubs eligible to be considered for promotion will be published by 15th April."

Originally Posted By: smallsy
only one team can be promoted from the ESL - FACT

Typical, You just have to spoil peoples fun don't you? 2fingers

And,

Concord can still get 77 points, so they are still in contention, should 1893 and / or Bark-side drop points.

I predict a draw on Sat - Bark-side v 1893, which will give Concord some hope.

Oh for trips back to The Island !!

On the other hand ....................

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Just relating to 1823 etc. as we do, I thought I had heard they they were leaving Ware at the end of this season.

If that were the case, how could they have had a ground inspection for NEXT season ?

May be wrong, but can anyone confirm ?

We have a 5 year agreement which finishes at the end of next season.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
.....I take it you've never been to Heybridge then.
Lets just hope that this isn't what the league will look like, only one other team with decent support (Don't know about Needham Market though).

Went many a time back in the day, always a good trip out.......when you eventually find it that is!!!

As for the league I think its been poor for the last two seasons, the Southern league knocks it into a cocked hat!

Originally Posted By: Chopper
Barkingside
Brentwood Town
Bury Town
Canvey Island
Cheshunt
East Thurrock United
Edgware Town
Enfield Town
Great Wakering Rovers
Heybridge Swifts
Leyton
Maldon Town
Needham Market
Potters Bar Town
Redbridge
Tilbury
Waltham Abbey
Waltham Forest
Ware
Wingate & Finchley
Witham Town
Wivenhoe Town

Soham Town Rangers are 7 points clear of Needham Market although NM have three games in hand so it looks like the Towners could be heading back to Soham next season. In the final fixture of the season the two play at Soham so it looks like they could have the edge. The club have also received ground grading approval from the FA for promotion to the Ryman League.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
You can hardly call a new club called 1893 playing as far away as Ware a derby.........

Call them what you want they still have Enfield in their name & they are the "other" Enfield team no matter which way its viewed, therefore there is no other game either set of supporters would like to win to earn bragging rights.
A good crowd, good banter & local rivalry all of which has been missing this season.
I agree with gazza on this we need the Enfield derby back each time we have played them we have had a more than healthy crowd which does the club coffers no harm at all . Also the rivalry gives the season a particular edge . As regards Ilford , This whole situation is becoming a farce , How many more times are they going to finish bottom until they are finally relegated ? And who wants to go back to that soul less place again ,I dont.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
........ As regards Ilford , This whole situation is becoming a farce , How many more times are they going to finish bottom until they are finally relegated ? And who wants to go back to that soul less place again ,I dont.

I dont & didnt go this season & wont go next season, bad news is a rumour says Waltham Forest could be playing there next season!

As regards Ilford , This whole situation is becoming a farce , How many more times are they going to finish bottom until they are finally relegated ? And who wants to go back to that soul less place again ,I dont.

I don't get you Townies. You winge that Ilford is soulless then at the same time you want to move into a rundown athletics stadium. Out of Towner? Out For Lunch more like.