Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - I have to say that's extremely disappointing, will NeutralFan also be resigning as Moderator in support of your actions.It's not very fair on Gavin is it who, as he points out, was trying to showcase his innovative plans for a new Edgware, one without the likes of that Harry character and Mr Gregory who seemingly allowed the old Club to die a death without putting up much, if any, resistence.

Rhodes, if you recall I asked you to be careful on that thread from dragging up Edgware's past (after you posted an early message in the thread doing so) as I knew it would then descend into a sideshow of recriminations, detracting completely from what Gavin was trying to do. You said you would take that advice on board but then appeared not to. The thread then quickly descended into a bitch-fest, and a member was rightly banned for 7 days as a result of it and his poor comments directed at you.

In your message to which this is a reply I see that you still though wish to continue the Edgware past debate and accusations. I state again, that as long as you do so you will detract from what Gavin is trying to achieve as there will no doubt be someone who will wish to take you to task over your comments - irrespective of the rights and wrongs, what happened in the past and what did not. That debate is surely for somewhere else and not for getting in the way of what is trying to be achieved for the future? But that decision is purely for you to now make a judgement call on.

Notwithstanding the above, if I had been around yesterday I would have edited out the unsavoury elements. I wasn't, another member complained (I gather now that this was Bitch) and the thread deleted by (as we now know) Ian. You asked me in the evening why it had gone, that was the first time I knew it had and a thread appeared on here from Gavin asking why I had deleted the threads (to which I replied immediately upon seeing it). I had received no 'notification' of a complaint and no PM to that effect. Bitch did not PM me to complain about the threads, but notified Ian and PM'd NF apparantly. You'll have to verify that with her.

The 'Graveyard Forum' is where deleted posts go, but as I said this facility appears to have been removed so I could not personally retrieve the affected threads when you brought it to my attention last night. I did what I could (which in this instance was to do some delving as all other avenues were closed off to me).

The blame for these deletions cannot rest with me, nevertheless the fact that I was then powerless to do anything about it means that the only sensible and honourable thing to do is to remove myself from a position of being left exposed. This is not the first time the finger has been pointed in my direction foremostly when a post has been altered or deleted. But I have always said openly in the past if I had deleted any current front page topic or indeed not been responsible for a deletion.

I hope that clearly sets out where I stand in this and the reason for my actions. I fully understand that Ian has a lot on his plate and apportion no blame whatsoever to him.

Wader - the notifications would have gone to v****@yahoo.co.uk - maybe they went into the spam folder of that mailbox?

I was not aware until today that moderators could not see the graveyard - this vanished when we upgraded. Sorry about that.

Will get that sorted. My guess is the mod's forum is also missing frown

thanks for clearing that one up.

you're too scared to make me a moderator as i would outclass the rest of them put together.

i shall now turn my efforts into undermining the existing moderators and bringing the system down from within.

starting with wader.

wader - you smell. hahaha.

I suppose that just leaves me then laugh Damn, Rhodesy can't blame Wader for amending his posts anymore.... narrows it down to me and someone he works with wink

Originally Posted By: blackballed
Thats why it was in the Pub forum.........not football related, she just got the better of you.........

Is that right, by boasing she is on 60k plus a year!

Thats why it was in the Pub forum.........not football related, she just got the better of you.........

The fisher sure got hooked with that one!

right rhodesy listen and listen good...you haven't been blameless in this whole unsavoury episode which has spread across the forums and bored the ars5e off everyone so do yourself a favour whilst you can still post here and keep shtum for a while...

Uncle Urchin - As you know I respect your opinion more than most and I'm more than happy to take a back seat for a while but what is it I've supposed to have done exactly, if it was the Edgware thread I simply sided with Gavin, nothing more, nothing less.

^
60k you can get that on the dole these days........

Like Unc says............END

Sorry Jon for using your Fourm, and good luck for next season.