Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

I had multiple notifications for offensive posts so removed those and some other irrelevent ones and locked it.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
& what's happened to the 'This Forum' thread? 80% of the posts have been removed & there was nothing offensive posted on there!

Syd lexic - I couldn't agree with you more, there was absolutely nothing contentious with any of the posts that were removed by Wader and this practice is ruining the Forum

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
... he delighted in rubbing all our noses in it at the drinks event the other week, that's the point I was trying to make

Everyone's different Rhodesy. We all have particular priorities in our lives and one mans meat is anothers poison etc. I am not sure though that I would expect the detail of an off duty social chat over a few pints revealed verbatum on a forum. But each to their own.

...there was absolutely nothing contentious with any of the posts that were removed by Wader and this practice is ruining the Forum

As I have already said I did not remove them. And as posted above NF has said why he did. Please amend your post. Ta.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I am not sure though that I would expect the detail of an off duty social chat over a few pints revealed verbatum on a forum. But each to their own

I wouldn't expect the detail of a private PM to be revealed verbatum on a public Forum but each to their own!

Let's not go there (again) Cliff. He shouldn't have posted them but you had blatently lied about the content of them and it was an easy way to prove you wrong...

Well, I'm certainly not getting into a lengthy discussion over that already over documented subject. All I will say is 'let he that is without sin cast the first stone'

I'm not sure you are entirely without sin in this as you have to admit to revealing on here the content of a PM I sent to you prior to all that other stuff happening. Not that I minded in that instance. I'm just saying that almost no-one's as pure as the driven snow Rhodesy. You and me and most on here included.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
I had multiple notifications for offensive posts so removed those and some other irrelevent ones and locked it.

You mean to say there are relevent posts on this forum. If you deleted all the irrelevent posts there wouldn't be anything to read. The Edgware FC post was relevent but it got overtaken by petty remarks that had nothing to do with non-league football ! If you want to discuss what car you've got go on a top gear forum !

rhodes. ever thought of starting your own forum?

if the way the forum is run is not to your liking, then the answer is mind-bogglingly simple. don't use it.

wader. *verbatim* - i may not know how to pronounce it, but i can spell it grin

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
If you want to discuss what car you've got go on a top gear forum!

Syd lexic - I have to wholeheartedly agree with you again, you're a man after my own heart

Originally Posted By: Wader

I'm not sure you are entirely without sin in this as you have to admit to revealing on here the content of a PM I sent to you prior to all that other stuff happening

Wader - I'm surprised you brought that up seeing how I could have got the information from anyone. You're good with words and blinding members with science but at the end of the day you have tampered with posts when it hasn't been necessary to do so and, unlike NeutralFan, allowed the lofty postition of Moderator to go to your head.

...but at the end of the day you have tampered with posts when it hasn't been necessary to do so and, unlike NeutralFan, allowed the lofty postition of Moderator to go to your head.

And the proof of your argument is backed up by? Examples please if you have time that aren't the ones where I have said clearly why I have edited/deleted posts (including a huge heap of those that were anti-you).

My congratulations on your fishing at the moment. Excellent work. On another subject how is Hector? Settling in well I expect. Are you going down there to watch a pre-season match as his guest?

And how is The Great One? Are you still in contact with him? Do you expect him to stay at KT or move on as he is perhaps destined for greater things. I hope to see his name in lights soon. You can then rightly claim to have introduced us all on here to his good work.

Have you had any tempting offers for the coming season or are you jumping in to bed with Gav? That does sound an interesting prospect. Anyway, although you have no SSML club to support at the moment (unless you know something we don't and you're keeping it under your jumper) don't be a stranger on here next season. I look forward to you attending SSML matches and letting us know what you think of this season's crop. Incidentally who do you think will be the best striker in the Prem next season and what's your prediction for the top 5 clubs? In Div 1 will Hoddy go up next season in your opinion or who are your tips for the top?

Wader - What's this, twenty questions, are you sure Nellie hasn't phoned or PM'd you to get me to spill the beans particularly where 'the great one' and Hector are concerned. Actually I have little contact with Clement these days since I severed ties with the Club and we will most probably go our separate ways having previously been joined at the hip, I think he will lead Kentish Town to great things next season and I can see the Club finishing in the top two as long as they retain the services of Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue. There is very little, if any, difference between the top half of Division 1 and the Premier Division and with Kentish Town's total football style of play I'm sure they will be a revelation next season, my top five would be Chalfont St Peter, Kentish Town, Berkhamsted Town, Biggleswade Town and Hanwell Town although Im sure Hertford Town, Harefield United and possibly Colney Heath will disagree, Lee Scott will obviously win the golden boot with his eyes closed. Division 1 is likely to be a dog fight again although I can't see Ruislip Manor or London Colney being part of it, I think we would all like to see Hoddesdon make it for Roger's sake. As for my plans you'll just have to wait and see, I have a few irons in the fire but nothing concrete as yet, I'll certainly be interested in getting into bed with Gavin.

There is very little, if any, difference between the top half of Division 1 and the Premier Division

You must be joking!

I see that there's a lot of activity on the SSML Forum this morning, has nobody got any imagination. What about the prospect of a Russia v Holland Euro 2008 Quarter Final, isn't that mouth watering.

Horace, we'll see how Kentish Town and Haringey Borough do against Hertford Town next season then, I'll wager that you won't get twelve points.

Many thanks for your reply and I look forward to seeing how those predictions pan out over the season. You didn't say though whether you would be going to watch Hectors 'revolution' at Casuals? It would a shame surely if you lost touch with him.