Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Petethegreek - A good reply but not good enough, I would rather have not qualified than performed like that and embarrassed an entire Nation. I see that Turkey are rubbing salt into your wounds, I expect that you can't hear yourself think for car horns in your area of Haringey tonight.

Bitch - Yes don't worry, I'll be meeting up with Uncle Urchin before too long to thrash out the details of his amazing offer, it seems too good to be true but I know Unc is a man of his word and he doesn't make money his God unlike a number of members on here and one in particular.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Bitch - Yes don't worry, I'll be meeting up with Uncle Urchin before too long to thrash out the details of his amazing offer, it seems too good to be true but I know Unc is a man of his word and he doesn't make money his God unlike a number of members on here and one in particular.

Uncs is a football man Rhodesy. He'll see you right in the name of footy. Let the Edgeware name live on...

Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! Clippy just remember what I told you!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NF remember there are worse people than Rhodes out there wink

To put it into perspective for you NF... Rhodesy getting into bed with our fruit loop mate Gav doesnt seem all that paletable on the surface. Ignore personalities for just a moment. We know Gav has history, but on this subject he has presented himself very well (post edit).

Gav does have his heart in the right place - Edgware Town. If he can keep his posts reasonable like he has on the topic then perhaps we have to accept he has matured. I dont see anyone else trying to save an old respected club. It's all Non League footy at the end of the day, and we have to stick together to see it survive.

U Urchin has put his money where his mouth is. I'll do all i can to promote Non League. smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
rhodes/gavin... if you can find a ground share on a sensible basis and get the new club affiliated and into a league at level 6 then I will arrange the full funding for the first seasons campaign..

And I'll take a year out to be official camera man! Would make a fortune on you've been framed or whatever it's called now!

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NF remember there are worse people than Rhodes out there wink

To put it into perspective for you NF... Rhodesy getting into bed with our fruit loop mate Gav doesnt seem all that paletable on the surface. Ignore personalities for just a moment. We know Gav has history, but on this subject he has presented himself very well (post edit).

Gav does have his heart in the right place - Edgware Town. If he can keep his posts reasonable like he has on the topic then perhaps we have to accept he has matured. I dont see anyone else trying to save an old respected club. It's all Non League footy at the end of the day, and we have to stick together to see it survive.

U Urchin has put his money where his mouth is. I'll do all i can to promote Non League. smile

As someone who doesn't known the issues here and who is just reading this with interest, I'd like to say good luck to you at Edgware Town and I hope that with the generous help of people on this forum, your club survives and thrives.

I hope to discuss the way forward with Gavin this weekend however my involvement will be under the proviso that none of the old regime become involved such as Harry Up and Mr Gregory who allowed Edgware Town to die, they had their chance and blew it and now it's up to others and new blood to make a fist of it.

"But one thing is for sure, it is going to take a big effort to put us down and we won't give up without fighting tooth and nail to the end."

Interesting that Harry Up or someone from the old regime hasn't come on yet to comment on the revealing press article I posted yesterday, I wonder how Ken Batten defines the term 'tooth and nail' and how it compares with Gavin's description.

Gavin - Can you give us an update on your plans for a new Club particularly where a likely ground is concerned, I'm still more than happy to offer my services

Rhodes You mention about applying for the SSML is their a cut off date that we need to apply by for the 09/10 season?

The leagues I had in mind are the SSML, the Herts County and the Middlesex County. The Herts County and Middlesex County leagues have a premier division that is a step 7 league the SSML Div 2 is step 7 with just 16 clubs.

I would of course like to apply for a higher level of football but I am being realistic at the same time, ie do you think the club would be accpeted into a step 6 league with no prior history othe then that of the 'old' Edgware Town who were SSML Premier Treble winners in 07.

If someone could please clarify when we need to apply and to whom (I have a copy of the SSML hand book from 06/07) that would be a big help.

Also, what are your views on the Herts County and Middx County leagues, do you have a preference and what do others feel the general standard would be like in these comparative leagues?

I would hope that we could be included at step 7 at the very least, do you and others view this as possible?

What are the leagues view point and critera on allowing new clubs to join their leagues at an advanced stage?

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
It's nice to see some positive vibes on this matter now. How big is the bed ? I've already thrown my hat in to Gavin & I'm excited by it all. I've got another offer on the table for 08/09, but i'm prepared to wait for this project !

Thats GREAT I am going to contact you very soon and we can chat about moving this forward smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
rhodes/gavin... if you can find a ground share on a sensible basis and get the new club affiliated and into a league at level 6 then I will arrange the full funding for the first seasons campaign..

Keeper No.1 - That's okay, we're sorted thanks, we don't need your money

I have trawled through the thread but I must have missed where UU mentioned such a kind offer.

I am a little surprised given that I thought he could not stand me smile but the offer is very gracious indeed.

Thanks Unc

Originally Posted By: Bitch

Uncs is a football man Rhodesy. He'll see you right in the name of footy. Let the Edgeware name live on...

Thanks 'bitch' Edgware (2009) will w
I hope to discuss the way forward with Gavin this weekend however my involvement will be under the proviso that none of the old regime become involved such as Harry Up and Mr Gregory who allowed Edgware Town to die, they had their chance and blew it and now it's up to others and new blood to make a fist of it.

Rhodes the only 'Harry' at Edgware was Harry the vice chairman but I doubt he has interent acces as he was just about capable of taking the tickets for the car park on match days.

Harry was one of the old boys in the 'clique' he did not like any noise that my friend and I made vocally for the club during matches and like others used the club as an old mens working club.

The NEW club will be run by people whoh have FOOTBALL has their main love and are ambitous and inventive and will implement new ideas to push the club forward.

Though we will be playing at a lower level then in the past, likely to be step 6, or even 7 my aim is for step 5 football ASAP.

I AM ambitous but at the same time realistic to know that step 4 (Ryman)is impossible unless major funding and ground share to that level is found, but hey who knows what the future holds.

Right now I want to get together a willing group of people who have the same goals and forge a club ready to take part in the 09/10 season under the banner of Edgware FC (2009)

Should we be succesful in achieveing our goals then in time I would very much like to have teams from youth to reserve level competing but for now its important to get this project off the ground.

The old 'rome was not built in a day' is true. I beielve that if we can get 50-80 of the Edgware support from the past two seasons to come along then we would be on a fair footing and one of the well supported clubs at a lower rung of the pyrimid.

I welcome ALL offers of help and am very pleased to see that people are taking this venture serioulsy.

Just a quick not to the admin and Ian this 'bilbo' is most likely gregorys' alter ego and his sole objective is to attack me verbally.

I have had more then a few run in's with him on the Edgware Forum and he even went to the extent of sending me vile and abusive Emails.

I am sure he will have NOTHING whatsoeve to contribute towards this fourm other then causing trouble.

One point though, he sent me an email towards the end of the season that said he had secured funding from a local buiness millionaire who was going to keep Edgware afloat.....It appears that 'bilbo' IS the one living in cloud cuckoo land!!!!