Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DOor still spinninng

townerboy

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
It seems our deduction in player wages is starting to have an effect..Looks like Stevenson could be on his way to Chesham.

I was told on Saturday that he HAD gone to Chesham.

Not sure "cash" was the main reason.
If the Club aspire to progress in this League we need Players like Stevenson IN THE TEAM.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Not another boomerang please.

From previous postings, if players come here to 'play' for the Town, then why, if they are valued, would they want to leave if they are established in the first XI? More Money perhaps?

Can't believe that Jon Stevo played for Hitchin when I thought he was Town first teamer. In my view good/outstanding or world class we should not open our arms and welcome someone back who did not make themselves available for us on Saturday (I presume), we need to be bigger and stronger than that, or are you telling me their is'nt another Jon Stevo for us out there.

Players must be committed to our manager,club, supporters and the money they receive, if they can't do the 4 then they dont meet the criteria i would be setting for them.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Lots of comings and goings will not give us a settled side no matter who the players are. How will players feel who have stayed around, played a few times whilst others leave yet, be dispatched to the subs bench or beyond when the same players come back?

But thats footy Andy..........Stevo playing for Hitchin and not for us at Chatham is letting us down, I agree he is a classy player at our level, but not bigger than our club. OK let him back, but he plays for the Ressies on weds and starts on the bench on Saturday in my view.

I'd like to see our club reduce the players money Once and if it becomes a definate unlikely Play off achievement for us just to see who is committed to playing for ETFC and who is in there for just the money.

If it becomes definate that a play off place is not achievable.It won't just be the wages that need to be reviewed,but also the position of the current management.The fact that this would have been the easiest season to actually gain promotion (since we have been in this league),makes our failure to do so even more galling.

If it becomes definate that a play off place is not achievable.It won't just be the wages that need to be reviewed,but also the position of the current management.The fact that this would have been the easiest season to actually gain promotion (since we have been in this league),makes out failure to do so even more galling.

Could not disagree more. The way forward is not to change the management whenever you feel their has been a failure.

In fact since the End of November, our season has been a success and we look to be going from strength to strength with a management team who have recently introduced young up and coming talent in Clydie Roberts (21) and Noel Reiss (19) just to mention 2.

If I was on the board I'd be in close conversations and discussions with the current management team in what more they can do to assist with getting better results even further.

Our failures were in the first 7-8 games of the season when we had Adam Lee, Mike Smee punching above their weights and SM on holiday. The management team was reformed On SM's return from his hol's and now we have real actions of change and promise, the board needed shooting (figure of speach) for appointing or sanctioning the original management team but now with SM they have proved good decision makers during a tense time in the season.

My view is STOP talking about sacking him and sacking them cos things are looking better than any other time in this season.

We had ONE good run in december where we put together three wins on the trot.Our performances before then and since, have been average at best (unacceptable at worst).The fact that we have brought in some quality players means nothing if we the management can't get the best out of them.Hahn and Dauti for example...Riess and Roberts who are no doubt talented players,but have also not perfomed up to their reputations so far.

The level perfomance and commitment that we produced against Abbey at home and Maldon away,is what we need to see EVERY game,not just a couple of times a season.

If you discard our 3 best perfomances of the season (and our three worst),then you are left with a very forgetable, medicore standard level of perfomance this season.

Not saying SM should be sacked.I hope the last part of the season sees the team and its performances improve week on week.But IF they don't and we plod along still winning 1 / drawing 1 / losing 1,then we need to ask questions.(such as ,can we afford the 2009-10 season to be our third in a row as a mid table team?)

If it becomes definate that a play off place is not achievable.It won't just be the wages that need to be reviewed,but also the position of the current management.The fact that this would have been the easiest season to actually gain promotion (since we have been in this league),makes our failure to do so even more galling.

Could not agree more, when you look at the fact we could be joined by the likes of Harlow next season, judging by their current league position, it will already be a lot harder than this season has been, if we fail to impress for the rest of the season a serious decision is needed.