Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DOor still spinninng

townerboy

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
The level perfomance and commitment that we produced against Abbey at home and Maldon away,is what we need to see EVERY game,not just a couple of times a season.

If you discard our 3 best perfomances of the season (and our three worst),then you are left with a very forgetable, medicore standard level of perfomance this season.

Not saying SM should be sacked.I hope the last part of the season sees the team and its performances improve week on week.But IF they don't and we plod along still winning 1 / drawing 1 / losing 1,then we need to ask questions.(such as ,can we afford the 2009-10 season to be our third in a row as a mid table team?)

Come on now, its not won 1 drawn 1 lost 1. its won 4 drew 1 lost 1 from the last six with a masive test/game this Saturday and if that record is repeated til the end of the season it will do me for now although i'd like better. We will also be close to play offs with a 4-1-1 success rate.

What would the fans and board have given for Steve Browne/S Margolis in August? .................................exactly

We have moved from bottom 3 to mi-table with still just under half a season to go. So my advice is to get out of the 'victor meldrew' mode and back the management team and those who play for our club cos if the current improvements are maintained we could still be playing a division above Harlow next season.

This season we have averaged: Win 1/Draw 1/Lose 1.

Our last three games: Won 1/Drew1/Lost 1.

Sorry, that is not good enough whoever the manager is..It certainly wasn't good enough for this club when Jim Chander fell into that sort of run.

Saying that,i DO expect the management team to find a more settled 11 by the end of the season and results should improve over the last 1/4 of the league campaign..BUT a settled side and improved perfomances should have started happening a couple of months ago.Not at this stage of the season when it will no doubt be too little too late.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
This season we have averaged: Win 1/Draw 1/Lose 1.

Our last three games: Won 1/Drew1/Lost 1.

Sorry, that is not good enough whoever the manager is..It certainly wasn't good enough for this club when Jim Chander fell into that sort of run.

Saying that,i DO expect the management team to find a more settled 11 by the end of the season and results should improve over the last 1/4 of the league campaign..BUT a settled side and improved perfomances should have started happening a couple of months ago.Not at this stage of the season when it will no doubt be too little too late.

So we get a settled team, results improve, performances improve but we fail to get into the playoffs...........................sack the management?

I see it as our club being in difficulties with the standard of playing staff, that is evidently changing with the arrival of Steve Browne to assist SM.

Like you've already stated we'll judge it at the end of the season, but if we finish 6th do we sack them????? Or do we assess where and who cost us a play off spot at at which period of the season proved most costly, we shall see. I'm optimistic With SM and SB in charge.

Originally Posted By: Steph
Yes.

But you were optimistic with AL and MS. You just keep looking on the bright side.

How often do you take a reality check?

Steph ive been saying that since about October, dont get me wrong Im all for being positive EU, but as Steph says lets be serious huh?

Although i hope you prove us both wrong.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
we are not goign to finish 6th...

At the same stage last season under Jim Chandler Town were only 3 points off top spot!

ETFC (2008/09): 23 9 5 9 49 44 +5 32
ETFC (2007/08): 23 12 6 5 47 34 +13 42

Yep, then the wheels come off good & proper when the luck we had upto January finally ran out!

If we do finish 6th it will be a bloody miracle & will need the mother of all winning runs to achieve it & anyway what do you get for finishing 6th???

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
we are not goign to finish 6th...

At the same stage last season under Jim Chandler Town were only 3 points off top spot!

ETFC (2008/09): 23 9 5 9 49 44 +5 32
ETFC (2007/08): 23 12 6 5 47 34 +13 42

Yep, then the wheels come off good & proper when the luck we had upto January finally ran out!

If we do finish 6th it will be a bloody miracle & will need the mother of all winning runs to achieve it & anyway what do you get for finishing 6th???

The satisfaction of beating the team in 7th place!

Oh guys, don't mis-understand me, i've said a few times that we are the herberts who are chasing and thats a very difficult position to be in.

What gets on my wik is the negativity of some despite seeing improvements, and with the introduction of some very young talented yet proven new players.

Whatever anyone says we are in a better position now than at the end of November. We will lose some more games this season but if we win a shiteload we could be pleasently surprised.

As for AL and MS, I stated in my 'Talk of the Town' column after the Hillingdon fa cup match that AL should go if results did not improve, he left that Thurday, I also suggested MS should go back to reserves/U18's footy.

I do not disagree with the realism that the majority are sying (easy option) but disagree with the drastic nature of Sacking people when things are getting better.