Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Going up?

bomaya

So Weeble's made a few comment about BG possibly not going up even if they finish top? Why is this? And I notice another has them down to go into the Southern League which would be a shame from a personal point of view as it'd be nice to face them again.

He also has two spots to go up so that'd be Epsom & Ewell right now. Is that the case? Two can go up?

As I understand it, the top team go up, filling the places by whoever is relegated or drops pit of level 4. If all the level 4 places are not filled by the all feederleague champions, the second placed teams are considered for promotion, on a "best record sort of make it up as you go along" standard.

I don't think two teams can win promotion from the same division though, unless you are a Northern team, when they promote anyone who's interested regardless of their league position.

Originally Posted By: bomaya
So Weeble's made a few comment about BG possibly not going up even if they finish top? Why is this? And I notice another has them down to go into the Southern League which would be a shame from a personal point of view as it'd be nice to face them again.

He also has two spots to go up so that'd be Epsom & Ewell right now. Is that the case? Two can go up?

Bomaya ...never said we wouldnt go up just never know whats around the corner and yes it would be a shame if we did'nt meet you next year as I get on well with all at Merstham..A long way to go ....

Rumour is that BGFC will go to the Southern League South West (with their landlords. (We could get Bracknell Town)!

If Epsom then Ryman south.

Don't know how many will come down (it's always been one) but if only bottom club then assume Crowborough to Sussex league and (maybe) Redhill or Croydon to us.

Have heard a rumour that Croydon Reserves may join CCL under a new name but not confirmed!

Eversley have applied for the CCL 1.

Could be top 3 from CCL 1 promoted but not sure if they are all ready. Assume MVSCR is OK at River Lane.

Hanworth Villa have some work to do (judging by what CWUFC and RPVFC have had to do) and maybe Staines Lammas have a ground share ready???

Don't get me started again on this league Lee!!!! doah

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham
Rumour is that BGFC will go to the Southern League South West (with their landlords. (We could get Bracknell Town)!
If Epsom then Ryman south.
Don't know how many will come down (it's always been one) but if only bottom club then assume Crowborough to Sussex league and (maybe) Redhill or Croydon to us.
Have heard a rumour that Croydon Reserves may join CCL under a new name but not confirmed!
Eversley have applied for the CCL 1.
Could be top 3 from CCL 1 promoted but not sure if they are all ready. Assume MVSCR is OK at River Lane.
Hanworth Villa have some work to do (judging by what CWUFC and RPVFC have had to do) and maybe Staines Lammas have a ground share ready???

Don't get me started again on this league Lee!!!! doah

In a recent report in one of our local papers, they said they still had some work to do to meet League standards, but that they were fairly confident of completing by March 31st.

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
Don't rule out Dorking Chris wink

Not after last nights performance !!!!

bolt