Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0 Ilford 1

Mr Happy

Congrats to Ilford. excited A well deserved win. We may have had more posession but created very little and stupidly kept bashing in high balls that the excellent Ilford keeper caught every time. angry He pulled off a great save towards the end and also was a genuinely decent bloke having some good banter with fans behind the goal giving a couple of the younhger lads a lesson in the french language!!!! confused2 I am so happy that this season is over 2fingers(well just about). Looking forward to Wimbledon, cricket, BBQs and copiously large quantities of wine!!!!! evil

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Congrats to Ilford. excited A well deserved win. We may have had more posession but created very little and stupidly kept bashing in high balls that the excellent Ilford keeper caught every time. angry He pulled off a great save towards the end and also was a genuinely decent bloke having some good banter with fans behind the goal giving a couple of the younhger lads a lesson in the french language!!!! confused2 I am so happy that this season is over 2fingers(well just about). Looking forward to Wimbledon, cricket, BBQs and copiously large quantities of wine!!!!! evil

he taught me more french in 45mins than my french teacher did in 5 years

We ended up going to watch the last home game of the season and saw an exciting penalty competition at half time.

There was nothing on show to give me any encouragement or belief for the future under the current set up.

This was the second game in succession when individuals were involved in after match activities and it's not good for the club nor the game.

Is someone going to do something drastic at the club and sort matters out now, or are the issues going to drag on and on?

Do some people think there's nothing wrong or are they just not up to dealing with the issues? Or is it just me?

Mind you, I don't think we will have the same starting personnel next Saturday after what went on post 5.00pm.

Bring on the mighty Thamesmead.

Looking forward to Wimbledon, cricket, BBQs and copiously large quantities of wine!!!!! evil

Looking forward to Wimbledon? - you're just looking forward to looking up those Eastern European bird's skirts you dirty old man. No other reason to watch tennis - almost as boring as golf.

No need to wait until the season's over - I'm working my way through a bottle of pinot grigio now.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Losing at home to Ilford, & it was no lucky win they thoroughly deserved it, speaks volumes for the state of the on field problems, it clearly is time for a change, of some playing staff & management.

agree with you there but i dont think the board will get rid of them

Originally Posted By: MKJames

Looking forward to Wimbledon, cricket, BBQs and copiously large quantities of wine!!!!! evil

Looking forward to Wimbledon? - you're just looking forward to looking up those Eastern European bird's skirts you dirty old man. No other reason to watch tennis - almost as boring as golf.

No need to wait until the season's over - I'm working my way through a bottle of pinot grigio now.

Dirty? YES!! evil Old? NO!! chainsaw Pinot Grigio? YES!! drinkies

Originally Posted By: etfc
Originally Posted By: Gazza
Losing at home to Ilford, & it was no lucky win they thoroughly deserved it, speaks volumes for the state of the on field problems, it clearly is time for a change, of some playing staff & management.

agree with you there but i dont think the board will get rid of them

That reduces your options then. How about an EGM?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
We ended up going to watch the last home game of the season and saw an exciting penalty competition at half time.

There was nothing on show to give me any encouragement or belief for the future under the current set up.

This was the second game in succession when individuals were involved in after match activities and it's not good for the club nor the game.

Is someone going to do something drastic at the club and sort matters out now, or are the issues going to drag on and on?

Do some people think there's nothing wrong or are they just not up to dealing with the issues? Or is it just me?

Mind you, I don't think we will have the same starting personnel next Saturday after what went on post 5.00pm.

Bring on the mighty Thamesmead.

Missed that. What happened after the game then ??

Well, there genuinely isn't anything to say about Saturday other than the fact that we were awful... I still think that we would have won, had Ellis scored with an open goal at his mercy, rather than hit the post, but let's not take anything away from Ilford, who worked hard all game.

What frustrates me is that I still feel that we have the players to do well in this league, but on Saturday's showing we didn't look up for it, weren't clinical, and made way too many mistakes. It was almost like we expected to win just by showing up, and you can't do that with anyone in the league.

Very disappointing and frustrating (the same could be said of pretty much the whole season, quite frankly)...

This isn't a wasted season, it's a second wasted season in a row so let's NOT make it a hat-trick!!!

P.S. I loved the optimism of handing out season ticket renewal forms even before a performance like that.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
...........Looking forward to Wimbledon, !!!!! evil

looks like MK Dons are going to be promoted, strange you would look forward to that !

It looks like you may also be able to look forward to Wimbledon soon Phil as the real Wimbledon team, 'AFC Wimbledon' have been promoted to the Blue Square Premier next season and it looks like Southport will be in play off contention to return too.

There is no such thing anymore as the 'real' Wimbledon just as there is no longer a 'real' Enfield.