Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 17th Results

Krooner this has come from your teams website

Camberley rested a number of players for the upcoming match against Egham Town on Tuesday but still fielded a side capable of beating Sheerwater from Division One comfortably. At the end of the day they made life hard for themselves against a spirited Sheerwater side. Things were going to plan by half time with Mitch While hitting a first half hat-trick to give themselves a 3-0 half time lead. Nic Donaldson scored a goal for Sheerwater before Hinga Amara extended the lead to 4-1. A 62nd minute goal from Marcus Slimane got the Sheerwater hopes up and when Donaldson pulled it back to 4-3 on 81 minutes, the home side felt that they could cause a shock. On 89 minutes they hit an equaliser, Donaldson getting his hat-trick, and the game went to extra time. Sheerwater then took the lead with an outstanding 35 yard free kick from Craig Woodley on 97 minutes. Soon after Sheerwater were reduced to 10 men following a sending off but the Camberley faithful had to wait until the 114th minute for an equaliser, a deft chip by Darren Barnard. In the final minute Camberley grabbed the win when Jacob Peace beat the offside trap to take the ball round the keeper and slot home

Bedfont 0 - 1 Chertsey Town

Slightly disappointing game, won by a Chertsey penalty after about 75 minutes. If the rumours on here and at game are true then the Chertsey chairman isnt getting a great deal of value for his money. Probably just about shaded the game but were nowhere near the level of quality that I have seen from North Greenford, Camberley and Epsom.

Very noisy afternoon at Bedfonts ground, probably wont rush back there quickly.

Had a look at league table and Horley the only undefeated side, having drawn a lot. Hoping to check out their next game.

Bedfont 0 - 1 Chertsey Town

Slightly disappointing game, won by a Chertsey penalty after about 75 minutes. If the rumours on here and at game are true then the Chertsey chairman isnt getting a great deal of value for his money. Probably just about shaded the game but were nowhere near the level of quality that I have seen from North Greenford, Camberley and Epsom.

Very noisy afternoon at Bedfonts ground, probably wont rush back there quickly.

Had a look at league table and Horley the only undefeated side, having drawn a lot. Hoping to check out their next game.

Which is on Tuesday at home to Colliers Wood United.

The Wood won 3-0 at Chobham (no weakened team here :Kick_Can_emoticon: )in the league cup and face Dorking in round 2 on Wednesday week, 3 days before the league game! :rockon:

Dorking FC 1 - Chessington & Hook 4.

Chessington & Hook Utd went to the top of Combined Counties Premier Division with a good win at Dorking on Saturday, the result ending Dorking’s four match unbeaten spell. Dorking manager Tony Webb will feel that although the result was probably the correct one on the balance of play, Chessington were not three goals better than Dorking and after the game put the result down to a bad day at the office at crucial times in the game.

Chicks should have won in midweek at Horley Town, Horley scoring a late equaliser in a game Dorking had bossed, but Webb knew that Dorking were in for a tough encounter as Chessington have been a real form side this season, lying in second place as they came into the game.

An even opening spell was broken when Chessington scored two quick goals midway through the half. First Dorking midfielder was adjudged to have handled the ball for a penalty, the spot kick sending Dorking keeper Dan Coote the wrong way. Then Dorking’s defence seemingly stood still when a corner was fired into the Dorking box, a player at the far post shooting an acute angled shot past Coote.

Chessington were then forced back into their own half by Dorking, two great saves in the final 10 minutes seemingly keeping Chessington two goal to the good going into the interval. But on the stroke of half time the referee awarded another penalty, this time to Dorking, and Gavin Quintyne made no mistake from the penalty to make it 2-1.

Dorking’s fans were hopeful that Dorking would be on the front foot at the start of the second half, and for 5 minutes it looked like Chicks may well get back into the match, but a mix up in the heart of the Dorking defence with keeper Coote saw an innocuous looking free kick headed home, and then on 60 minutes good play by the Chessington No10 saw Dorking’s defence split apart, Coote beaten as he came out of his goal.

The game then reverted to another even match, Dorking perhaps shading affairs, sub Phil Page, striker Luke Jones and Joe Loyza going very close to making the game more interesting. A good shout for a penalty was also turned down for both sides, and Webb made further subs for Dorking with Jesse Davis and Shola Yayatuu coming on to the pitch, but they were unable to change the destiny of the game. Chessington go top as previous top club Sandhurst Town were only able to draw.

Dorking now move on to another home game on Tuesday night against Bedfont, before next weekend’s away game at Ash United.

TEAM:-

Dan Coote

Paul West

Alex Hill

Scott Murphy

Roy Newman

James White

Dan Clayton

Gavin Quintyne

Joe Loyza

Luke Jones

Dan Lawrence

Substitutes:-

Phil Page

Jesse Davis

Olukosi Shola

Honourable mention for El Gaffer's Merstham, who travelled to Ryman Premier Hastings Utd in the Trophy today and won 6-1 :applaus:

Yeah great win for El Gaffs and all at Merstham, Hastings 2nd in Ryman Premier !!!! :excited: :excited: :applaus: :applaus:

Nice one, El Guffs !

Might even buy you a pint on your next visit to the hallowed turf of 'The Bank'

:champis2:

North Greenford 3 Cove 1

Good win by NGU. Goals by Lawrence, Pither and Murray. Also missed a penalty just before their third 10 minutes from the end. Cove tried to play good football throughout and had the home side under sustained pressure at times. NGU looked strong all round and kept Cove out until conceding a rather soft consolation on 90 minutes. Overall, an enjoyable game and a credit to this level of football.

Sandhurst 2 Croydon 2

Following our traumatic start to the season, this was another spirited performance from Dickson Gill's new look Trams side, and a draw, if not more, was fully deserved. We played some good football, but somehow found ourselves 2-0 down at half-time, courtsey of goals at the beginning and end of the half. Encouragingly, the heads refused to go down, the fitness and stamina showed a marked imnprovement on recent weeks, and we upped our performance even more in the second half. Goals from Mohammed Shuga'a (51) and Junior Gyimah (80) got us back on level terms.

I'm way more optimistic about the rest of the season than I was a few weeks ago! :)

Sandhurst 2 Croydon 2

Following our traumatic start to the season, this was another spirited performance from Dickson Gill's new look Trams side, and a draw, if not more, was fully deserved. We played some good football, but somehow found ourselves 2-0 down at half-time, courtsey of goals at the beginning and end of the half. Encouragingly, the heads refused to go down, the fitness and stamina showed a marked imnprovement on recent weeks, and we upped our performance even more in the second half. Goals from Mohammed Shuga'a (51) and Junior Gyimah (80) got us back on level terms.

I'm way more optimistic about the rest of the season than I was a few weeks ago! :)

I would say that we just about edged it first half and deserved to go in at half time in the lead, maybe only by one goal rather than two.

Second half we can count ourselves fortunate to end with a point. Fortunately our goalie had a good game, just hope he can keep it going ;)

Another good, hard fought win for Cobham over a physically strong Warlingham side.

Forgot how small the pitch at Merstham is....speaking of which congrats to EG on his result at Hastings!

Cheers guys!

3 up after 18 mins and 6-1 at half time! Far more pleased with the 0-0 in the 2nd half obviously!

I would say that we just about edged it first half and deserved to go in at half time in the lead, maybe only by one goal rather than two.

Second half we can count ourselves fortunate to end with a point. Fortunately our goalie had a good game, just hope he can keep it going ;)

Have to agree that your goalie made a couple of unbelievable saves.

My first visit to Sandhurst for around 16 years. Lost my bearings a bit! I know the ground's in more or less the same place as before, but has the pitch moved a to a different spot in that time?

Have to agree that your goalie made a couple of unbelievable saves.

My first visit to Sandhurst for around 16 years. Lost my bearings a bit! I know the ground's in more or less the same place as before, but has the pitch moved a to a different spot in that time?

Sandhurst have been on their current pitch since 1997, thanks mainly to a lottery grant.

Sandhurst 2 Croydon 2

WELL SAID AND BOTH TC AND PURPLE TRAM VERY HONEST ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN TEAMS WHICH LED TO THE SAME COMMENTS MORE OR LESS. WENT TO SANDHURST FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON TO SEE HOW THEY WERE WHILST AMONGST THE TOP LEADERS FOR THE START OF THE SEASON ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE DROPPED SOME POINTS OF LATE. A GAME OF 2 HALVES SAW SANDHURST SCORE EARLY AND PARTLY DOMINATED THE GAME BUT CROYDON CAME OUT WITH A DIFFERENT ATTITUDE AND STARTED TO DOMINATE THE SECOND HALF. SANDHURST KEEPER PULLED OFF A COUPLE OF GOOD SAVES SO A DRAW I FEEL WAS A FAIR RESULT. HAVING GRADUALLY SEEN THE TOP CCL CONTENDERS, I DON'T HONESTLY SEE SANDHURST ON THIS PERFORMANCE ANYWAY, BEING AMONGST THE TOP 3. I STILL THINK ON PERFORMANCES I'VE SEEN SO FAR, IT'S BETWEEN CHERTSEY, NGU, EPSOM, CAMBERLEY ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE NEW SURPRISE LEADERS CHESSINGTON & HOOK WHO GO TOP UNNOTICED, I WILL PROBABLY GO TO SEE THEM SATURDAY AGAINST CAMBERLEY WHICH WOULD BE A GOOD TEST FOR THEM TO SEE HOW THEY FAIR. I SEE THAT MY PRE-SESON PREDICTION AND DARK HORSES MOLESEY BEAT EPSOM VERY LATE ON AND BADSHOT LEA ARE STARTING TO PUT SOME DECENT RESULTS TOGETHER, BUT WILL THEIR INCONSISTANCY PROVE TO BE THEIR ACHILLES HEEL AGAIN THIS SEASON ?

epsom &ewell 0 - molesey 1

HI MOLESKIN, ELFKING & MIGHTY MOLE, WELL DONE ANOTHER WIN ALTHOUGH I HEAR IT WAS LATE ON. FROM YOUR WEBSITE I SEE THAT YOU HAVE WON YOUR LAST 4 AND REMAIN UNBEATEN IN YOUR LAST 6 LEAGUE GAMES, THATS GOOD TO SEE. SO ELFKING HAVE YOU NOW APOLOGISED TO YOUR MANAGER WHO APPEARS TO TURN THINGS AROUND THERE, AFTER HIS PUBLIC SLOGGING?

HAVE THE FEELING THAT FROM WHAT I READ AND WHAT I OVERHEARD FROM THE SUPPORTERS AT LAST TUESDAY NGU GAME THAT YOU GUYS DONT LIKE THE MANAGER & SEE FROM YOUR FORUM THAT THE SLAGGING OFF APPEARS TO HAVE STOPPED WONDER WHY? NOTHING TO MOAN AT, US SUPPORTERS EH WE ARE SO FINICKY! AS I SAID IN AN EARLIER THREAD, YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE FAITH -

KROONER HOWS YOUR MANAGER GETTING ON? DO SOME SUPPORTERS STILL WANT HIM OUT ?

NICE GUY,I thought I must reply to one of your comments.Most of the GUY'S do like the manager,it's the way he was doing it which was in question :signthankspin:

I agree 100% with Moleskin there. If you don't agree with what someone does not mean you do not like him.

Cant say we liked what he WAS doing,because nobody did.