Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Foul (Play)

Red Spot

You could also get your club brief, if you have one, to carefully check the wording on any insurance the club might have for such an eventuality.

hI J R, wont it be down to who owns the ground? do cove on it or the council

Think your right up [censored] creek there Johnno :249:

Best the club speak to the league, the water company ect and also look into compensation for loss of revenue

brings me back to the money situation....

How does the club continue to pay all their bills if we have to play our home games away from home??

A groundshare is likely to cost money in renting the ground and pitch.....

How does the club continue to pay players wages??

Johnjo who owns the ground mate?

How does the club continue to pay all their bills if we have to play our home games away from home??

J.J. At times like this it is time for all to rally round,players could forego their wages as a gesture to the Club.Other Clubs could offer their services free of charge,then split gate receipts.

J.J. At times like this it is time for all to rally round,players could forego their wages as a gesture to the Club.Other Clubs could offer their services free of charge,then split gate receipts.

Some players are on contracts.

Rushmoor borough council own it and we have a 100 year lease.

Depends on the lease then j j, hope rushmoor council help, for some reason iam thinking lease means down to you mate.

What a nightmare

Depends on the lease then j j, hope rushmoor council help, for some reason iam thinking lease means down to you mate.

What a Hinightmare

ohnno sorry to hear about the problems, when will you hear about what will happen with the ground. Hope this dos'ent mean players will start leaving. All the best mate

What a nightmare

If that is the case then i hope our insurance covers for stuff like this!!

Smudgey. You would have thought so re other clubs helping. The sad thing is when I experienced a similar sort of problem that help wasn't forthcoming and clubs were too busy trying to make a quick buck.

agree.

The plus is - Just had a team enquire about wanting to put in a 7 dayer on one of our contracted players. But for obvious reasons couldnt!

The minus is - as you have stated!!

I wonder if the military stadium in Aldershot gets used for anything on Saturdays???

That's a good shout TC.

Aldershot Reserves Youth Team used it for a season when I was Secretary down there - expensive (£150 a game back in 2001) but after match food was special :)

They do have occasional Army fixtures but not normally Saturdays. Floodlights much brighter than Cove though - might have to put a hat on Duncs to stop the glare ;)

When our stand burnt down in 1990 we had a few army connections. We were given permission to play their by the providing none of the fixtures clashed with theirs and we could use it for the season. The club put that into writing to the Isthmian League and it was refused due to the Army ground not having an Isthmian Ground Grading !!!! W*nkers.

I think it was around the time Wokingham were going to share with Reading and the Isthmian League told Reading to change their dug outs as it didnt match tgheir grading requirements.

When our stand burnt down in 1990 we had a few army connections. We were given permission to play their by the providing none of the fixtures clashed with theirs and we could use it for the season. The club put that into writing to the Isthmian League and it was refused due to the Army ground not having an Isthmian Ground Grading !!!! W*nkers.

I think it was around the time Wokingham were going to share with Reading and the Isthmian League told Reading to change their dug outs as it didnt match tgheir grading requirements.

And in 1992 the newly formed Aldershot Town had to put up a wooden fence at the High Street end to be eligible to play in Isthmian Division 3. The Rec was good enough for Division 4 football the season before.

In our hour of need when the stand burnt down we had to play home games as far away as Newbury. Some more local clubs offered their pitch, but at a fee. No names mentioned.

We played our first home game on November 3rd in the FA Vase but, again, the league decided it wasn't quite ready for their games despite the FA being happy to allow us to play on it so we had to play Bracknell at Malden Vale FC until eventually getting the all clear at the end of November. We ended up bottom of the table winning just one league game all season. At home to Cove!

Happy days!

I believe Wokingham wrote back to the league at the time, pointing out that, on that basis, Wembley Stadium's dugouts weren't up to Isthmian Ground Grading standards!