Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is there hope ?

Krooner

With our Vase game at Long Buckby in mind I've become an avid viewer of BBC Northamptons website . No word yet , just hope we get something before about 11.00 when I'll be setting off. Last information was it was doubtful but that was before the thaw started . If we don't play it tomorrow it goes forward to next Saturday orr whatever Saturday we can get it played adding more to our fixture backlog.

Not moaning though as the Vase run has been magic a series of nailbiting 3-2 wins played in atrocious weather conditions so we may be all set up for more . We are all going to going to a match most days at the end of April though .

Not looking good here in Chertsey for the FA Vase tie with Plymouth Parkway. This from the club:

"An official pitch inspection will take place at 10.00am today. There was almost 3 inches of snow on the playing surface on Thursday evening. The game will not be switched to the Sunday in any event"

Instead for me, it looks like a cinema trip to take my son to see "Alvin & The Chipmunks 2: the Squeakquel". Oh dear.

Dont do it Ollers. Offer to go and clear the pitch for them !!!!!!

:help: If I start now, should have it finished by Monday morning; the toughest bit will be pursuading the Snowman to leave the pitch...

BLimey Wacko, Wattsy and now SB. That must be all of Feltham signed on ;)

You called?

The League has already advised clubs in the Premier Division that both Saturday 1 and Bank Holiday Monday 3 are now likely to be used for Premier Division matches as well as the previous midweek. It is difficult to extend the season beyond that for Premier clubs as the FA usually begin their consultations about promotion/relegation etc over the second weekend of May and we are obliged to complete before then.

In Division One and in the Reserve Section, matches may well continue into mid May. The formal end of the season as far as the CCL is concerned is 31 May but every effort will be made to complete all fixtures prior to the FA Cup Final on 15 May as everyone is usually ready for a rest by that time. There are bound, I am afraid, to be some long distance midweek trips with early kick-offs in April and May although these will be minimised as far as possible.

It won't be easy though - I have been involved with fixtures since 1985 (which I realise makes me sound like a sad case indeed) and this is without doubt the worst year ever for postponements, even beating 2000-2001. We have so far managed a grand total of 3 Premier games since 16 December, one on Boxing Day and two on 2 Jan. If I had some hair I'd pull it out!

Thanks for the info Whitelaw, good luck on the rescheduling of all the games and I hope all the clubs understand what a great (if at times difficult) job you do for the league and the clubs :applaus:

Edited by Teflon

Team and Management meeting at Meadowbank this afternoon.

For those of you who don't visit the DFC site, photo's taken by me this afternoon can be found there in the Photo Gallery.

http://www.surf.to/dorkingfc/

DFC at home to Woking Tuesday evening ????

Hmmmm !!

Edited by Big J R

Well looking at those pics, can't understand why today's game didn't get the go ahead :97:

I don't think i'll be putting any money on Tuesday's game being played!

I'm already stocking the fridge and fluffing the cushions.

HOWEVER............. we will be doing things 'by the book' !!

(No slapped wrists at Meadowbank !)