Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tues 26/1

bomaya

ash 0-2 moles

bad lea 1-3 wemb

bans 3-1 chert

sand 3-2 bed

surrey cup

dork 0-5 wok

god 3-2 chess

latest (extra time

afc wimb 1-1 cambo

Edited by Chris Clapham

Surrey Premier Cup

MV SCR 4 - 1 Leatherhead

Good performance from the lads, definetely needed that after Saturdays dismal display against South Park. Would loved to have played a game this Saturday, unfortunately we haven't got 1 which is slightly confusing, but onwards & upwards, next up Worcester Park.

It's not that confusing. The fixtures were compiled prior to your move to Cobham just before the season started. Consequently there are a number of Saturdays where you are both scheduled to be at home, in which case a change has to be made. On this occasion your original Saturday match against Worcester Park has been put back three days to Tuesday.

Good few days for NGU. Cambo, Chertsey and Badshot Lea all losing. Like I say have to worry they are going to disappear out of sight. Now all we need is confirmation wether they have applied for promotion or not.

Banstead 3 Chertsey 1

My toes have now thawed out. Lets see how many Merstham mentions I can include in this report.

Chertsey started the game looking by far the stronger team. They had four or five chances in the first 15 minutes with both Pomroy and Goddard guilty of woefully missing with their strikes. A bit of handbags between the Chertsey left back and Banstead's tricky 7 led to the ref and linesman getting over-zealous and showing two red cards. Banstead seemed to cope better down to ten men as they started to threaten intermittently particularly through Patterson-Bohner up top.

The breakthrough came halfway through the half when Merstham loanee Adam Moriarty strode forward from full back and launched a 40 yard strike that the keeper fumbled into his own net. Chertsey pushed for an equaliser but just before half-time ex-Mertham striker Zak Graham did well on the touchline to turn inside his marker and power a clean strike inside the near post. Half-time, 2-0 to Banstead.

Second half and Banstead extended their lead when their sub (Sinclair?) scored with a delightful curler with the outside of his boot. Chertsey rallied and got one back when highly-rated youngster Andy Crossley, on as a sub tapped in from close range. Both teams brought on ex-Merstham strikers in Leon Wallace and Kwabena Agyei to respectively hold on to a lead/got some goals back but neither was able to make much impression in the time on the pitch.

The temperature plummeted and the lights started to fail but Banstead held on for only their fifth win of the campaign whilst Chertsey with maybe their minds on the Vase stay in third.

Good to see Gusset wearing the green & white last night !!!!!! :futbolbud2:

Hope the youngest Gusset is ok from his injury last night

I have noted TRS's comments above, but to be fair, Woking did field at least THREE of their first squad players with plenty of skill on the bench. It was a game we never expected to win and our management team used the performance as a learning curve. Dorking Management were very pleased with the solid performance the 'Chicks' put up. From my own personal point of view, Andy Millar who came on for Ryan Augustine who was stretchered off with a severley twisted knee was absolutely brilliant, especially as he is still listed with our youth squad.

Ryan managed to make it to the club-house after the game, so hopefully, the knee injury is not TOO serious.

Dorking Team:- Dan Coote, Peter Trower, Martin Waldren, Scott Murphy, Ishola Elusade, Taylor Mollatt, George Tedder, Steve Augustine, Jamie Pendrill, Adie Butler, Ryan Augustine (Andy Millar 22’)

Substitutes:- Andy Millar : Alistair Moore (not used)

Edited by Big J R

I have noted TRS's comments above, but to be fair, Woking did field at least THREE of their first squad players with plenty of skill on the bench. It was a game we never expected to win and our management team used the performance as a learning curve. Dorking Management were very pleased with the solid performance the 'Chicks' put up. From my own personal point of view, Andy Millar who came on for Ryan Augustine who was stretchered off with a severley twisted knee was absolutely brilliant, especially as he is still listed with our youth squad.

Ryan managed to make it to the club-house after the game, so hopefully, the knee injury is not TOO serious.

Just to clarify my 'bad night for Dorking' comments. I was referring to the night's League results, not to the SSC result. Although obviously I wouldn't put that down as a good night ;)

Good few days for NGU. Cambo, Chertsey and Badshot Lea all losing. Like I say have to worry they are going to disappear out of sight. Now all we need is confirmation wether they have applied for promotion or not.

YES KROONER THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO KNOW, BUT THE FA STATE THEY HAVEN'T ? CAN ANYONE VERITY THIS FOR US ALL ?

YOU MATBE CORRECT ABOUT NGU BUT THERE IS STILL SOME WAY TO GO YET. AS I HAVE MENTIONED ON AN OLD THREAD, THE TOP 11 CLUBS ARE WELL CAPABLE OF BEATING EACH OTHER. PERSONALLY. AS WEEKS GO BY, AND LOOKING AT LAST NIGHTS AND SATURDAYS RESULTS, I STILL THINK NGU, CAMBERLEY, CHERTSEY APPEAR TO BE THE 3 FAVOURITES FOR PROMOTION.

ASH ARE GOING THROUGH A BAD TIME LOSING THEIR LAST 3 GAMES AND SEEM IN DOWNFALL, SOMETHINGS HAPPENING THERE ?

EPSOM & EWELL &, BADSHOT LEA I THINK HAVE GOT TOO MUCH TO DO BY WINNING THE MAJORITY OF THEIR GAMES IN HAND, AND BADSHOTS DEFEAT LAST NIGHT HASN'T HELPED THEM.

SANDHURST ARE HANGING IN THERE AS ARE CHESSINGTON AND COVE THESE COULD BE AN OUTSIDE BET

MOLESEY ARE QUIETLY GAINING GROUND AS ARE EGHAM, BUT I THINK THEY HAVE LEFT IT TOO LATE, BUT THEY WILL CERTAINLY HAVE A SAY ON WHO WILL WIN THE LEAGUE IN MY OPINION

BUT LET IT BE SAID, THAT ON ANY SET DAY, BOTTOM TEAMS CAN BEAT THE TOP TEAMS, LOOK AT BANSTEAD LAST NIGHT AGAINST CHERTSEY

PREVIOUS WINNERS HAVE ONLY LOST 4 TO 6 GAMES MAX SO THIS SEASON COULD PROVE TO BE A VERY EVENTFULL ONE WITH NO RUN-AWAYS LEADERS/WINNERS AS THE LAST 3 SEASONS HAVE PROVED......WELL LETS HOPE SO, THAT MEANS I WONT BE GOING TO POTENTIAL RELEGATION GAMES AT THE END OF THE SEASON FOR EXCITEMENT !

YES KROONER THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO KNOW, BUT THE FA STATE THEY HAVEN'T ? CAN ANYONE VERITY THIS FOR US ALL ?

I suspect NGU have applied. The FA published the list of applicants but Fareham weren't on it.

Fareham bought this up with the FA who claimed their application must have been 'lost in the post'. It's alleged by someone linked to Fareham FC that the FA managed to cash the cheque which was attached to Fareham's application that 'got lost' so it appears they're trying to blame Royal Mail for their own incompetence.

The FA have since sent out another form.

Hythe have also applied but didn't appear on the list. I don't know what's happening there.

Mind you, if NGU aren't on the ball then they may not know they're not on the list so it may come as a shock to them to find out they can't go up if they have applied.

Applications must be copied to the league so someone on the CCL committee will know if NGU have applied or not.

I know it's not his job but perhaps Whitelaw can clarify the position?

Edited by VPCTFC