Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mole Valleys Big Day.

I am told that the M.V.S.C.R subject could be open to appeal.

Knaphill seems to be another stumbling block, and there is talk of more teams possibly pulling out.

The CCL Management Committee meeting was a couple of evenings ago, but I haven't heard all details as of this morning.

Not sure what the confusion is here

MVSCR had the groundshare in place at the start of the season and whitelaw has already confirmed they can go up. I think people are stirring as theres not much else to talk about.

Knaphill dont even have their lights and improvements in place and the deadline was 31st march. If the league make a special exception then it sets a precedent which i;m sure the wont risk. Plus you can be sure the likes of Bookham and Staines will take the matter further and rightly so

However.................

If for whatever reason they needed teams to come into the Prem then i'm sure Knaphill would have a case.

Speaking to someone last night at the game it seems the Ryman league really are serious about stopping groundshares- quite why it's got anything to do with them i'm not sure but Warlingham and Badshot lea could be in trouble. This person even claimed Warlingham have already made enquirires about stepping down to the Elite league although i cant see this happening myself

Thanks NLN

Having spoken with a couple of our committee members this morning, they have advised that they have had it confirmed by the league, that should we finish in the top 3, we would be eligible for promotion.

We are all now gearing up for a crack at the premier division, which of course, is a complete journey into the unknown for us as a club, and something that we are massively looking forward to.

Briggers

Mole Valley SCR – Official Club Statement

OK, enough speculation...

Firstly as advised by the CCL Board, of course our ground share with Cobham was in place prior to the start of the season. We had it made very clear to us, that unless it was we would not be able to commence our campaign for the season 2009/10.

The league (perhaps Alan Constable would like to confirm this) had to juggle fixtures during the first few weeks of the season, but not as suggested by certain parties because our arrangement had not commenced in time, but simply as the Suburban League (in which our landlord Cobhams reserve team play) had already published their first batch of fixtures and requested that the CCL did not affect them by rearranging fixtures following our move to Downside Bridge Road.

Our first scheduled Div One CCL match at home on August 11th 2009 v Southpark went ahead as planned. And in response to allegations that we contacted “several” clubs regarding fixture re-arrangement, this is a 100% untruth. In fact the only time we spoke to a club this season WAS Coulsdon, after noticing that on a Saturday much later in the season, there were 3 teams without a game, ourselves, Worcester Park & Coulsdon. We asked for the leagues permission to contact Coulsdon with a view to forfeiting home advantage in favour of playing the game at Coulsdon as we had already played them away during the first few weeks of the season. The league stated we could and the request was made. It was only when we chased Coulsdon after not hearing back that we were informed that instead of our proposed match, they had made the same arrangement with Worcester Park. A fact that was not mentioned when our request was made, strongly suggesting this was arranged after our approach & despite our contact being made first, and us facing much higher fixture congestion. As it transpired due to adverse weather their match was duly postponed through bad weather, leaving all our positions unchanged and the match being tagged onto the end of the season, where unfortunately through injuries Coulsdon could not field a side and we were (at Mondays meeting) awarded the points.

Moving on, our move to Cobham was within the time scales laid down and our move adopted into the leagues constitution. Furthermore the move was noted and accepted by the Football Association, whom allowed our continuation in the FA Vase for the clubs first time in its history, where we were narrowly beaten (at Downside Bridge Road) by Beckenham Town.

The league have in numerous correspondences both on forums, verbally and in league correspondences etc, acknowledged that we, (providing we finished in the top 3) are eligible for promotion.... We most definitely feel that Champions qualifies us...!!

MVSCR F.C hope this clears up some of the speculation regarding our promotion to the Combined Counties League – Premier Division for the forthcoming 2010/11 season.

(Now, perhaps we too can enjoy a short break, before we reconvene for pre-season training.?!)

Best regards,

Darren Salmon

Hon Gen Sec

------------------------------------------------

On a VERY PERSONAL note...

(In other words the opinion of Darren Salmon, not necessarily Mole Valley SCR FC)

If there are any other questions / comments please do not hesitate to contact me DIRECTLY, rather than posting unsubstantiated nonsense on here (Or anywhere else for that matter).

scr_club@live.co.uk

& while I’m on that subject, Trevor Wenden (Sheerwater) if you read this...

Please amend or remove this post... (or clearly identify who from Crescent Rovers made this allegation)

]“The club finally made their minds up after their first team had a good game against Mole Valley and were collecting their match fees in the club room of £10-00 and to their amazement the visitors were shelling out money to their players”

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/sheerwaterfc/?section=clubnews&news_id=133565

This is total lies and unless it is retracted we may consider taking further action...

We have NOT PAID OUR PLAYERS this season.

In fact, we charge annual fees, training fees and our lads (who own them) have purchased their OWN club tracksuits...!!

Clubs often talk of support and togetherness, which is consistently proven by many to be a total joke. It is a real shame that individuals (many of whom are connected with clubs, which reflects poorly on their clubs) seem to feel that this stage of the season has become more about creating problems that genuinely do not exist and spreading rumours to unsettle players, officials, members and supporters... SORT IT OUT EH?!

Darren (& Yes I am angry...)

Edited by MVSCR 'Gaffa'

couple of things, i heard that Knaphills lights aint going up until october so how will they be able to play the mid week games and is it true Mole Valley wont be able to go up because the Chertsey Town Manager is splashing sum cash to Cobham to let Chertsey Ressies play there next year instead????so MV wont have a ground with lights!!! like nigel said if mole valleys plans werent in by the deadline date and the league makes an exception u can bet on us having a massive appeal!!!

couple of things, i heard that Knaphills lights aint going up until october so how will they be able to play the mid week games and is it true Mole Valley wont be able to go up because the Chertsey Town Manager is splashing sum cash to Cobham to let Chertsey Ressies play there next year instead????so MV wont have a ground with lights!!! like nigel said if mole valleys plans werent in by the deadline date and the league makes an exception u can bet on us having a massive appeal!!!

Like the gaffa said enough of the rumours Animal!!!! This thread is called Mole Valleys big day, how about people giving the management, players and the club a big pat on the back and wish us good luck.

We hope that the gaffas statement cleared it up for you all. ps hope to see the lammas up with us soon. :451:

Is is quite funny to see people from other clubs thinking we get paid though, been with the club for 5 promotions now, think if we got to the Barclays Prem we'd still be paying signing on fees and buying our own trackkies (eh Gaffa!!) getting paid heard it all now!!! :97:

Like the gaffa said enough of the rumours Animal!!!! This thread is called Mole Valleys big day, how about people giving the management, players and the club a big pat on the back and wish us good luck.

We hope that the gaffas statement cleared it up for you all. ps hope to see the lammas up with us soon. 451.gif

Is is quite funny to see people from other clubs thinking we get paid though, been with the club for 5 promotions now, think if we got to the Barclays Prem we'd still be paying signing on fees and buying our own trackkies (eh Gaffa!!) getting paid heard it all now!!! 97.gif

Listen mate i hope they are just rumours because you lot fully deserve to go up, just would of been a shame to see you get rejected like us because its a killer!! but like u said there rumours and i wish you boys the best of luck for next season and hopefully will see you boys up there in a couple of years!!!!

its daft a side like mvscr can just groundhop and go up the leagues, no home no base.

however Dorking fc have finished rock bottom of coco prem twice, and Bookham have a ground and should stay at the level that allows.

difficult for the league, do you reward players and coaches for winning games and scoring goals, or reward committees and ltd cos for filling out the right forms on time.

Put it this way Dorking can allow Bookham or MVSCR or Dorking Wanderers or anyone to progress to ryman standard if they wish and are good enough, by giving them a groundshare. Look at the Merstams Bansteads epsoms etc.

Messy old business.

Animal - i heard that Knaphills lights aint going up until october so how will they be able to play the mid week games

That old gossip/rumour/i heard line - i can understand Mole Valley getting the arseache about there not getting promotion to the Premier Division crap. As for your i heard statement the lights and stand are being installed in July, anything changes this forum will be the last place that knows!

However i would love to know who told you they were going up in October?

Maybe he's installing them? :discobanana:

Maybe he's installing them? discobanana.gif

lol yea im starting work there end of september!!!! I was told this by some fellas at Bedfont Sports they told me that they werent getting them done until then!! to be honest i couldnt careless, i hope u do go up because it would be nice to get some new teams in to freshen up the league!