Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Relegation !!!

It has been advised by the league (not 100% confirmed) that subject to any last minute changes by the FA there is no relegation from Premier to Div 1 for any of the bottom 3 this season.

The table does not lie, Bookham finsihed 2nd from bottom and therefore should have been relegated, but if given a second chance we'll take it

Not a pop at the clubs in the bottom 3 but all this is detrimental to the CCL as the league will just become stale. We moan about Step 4 repreiving relegated clubs and not allowing clubs who wish to progress a chance well it is no difference in this case.

Im not even sure thats good for Dorking.

Another season of heavy defeats wont help progress, where a season or two developing a new squad at div 1 may do.

I think the league should promote the top 3 sides that can meet the gradings.

Why are mvscr allowed up, there original ground at Fetcham wouldnt have allowed promotion.

Difficult situation for Cobham having their tenants playing at a higher level.

I agree Kroons on that point, hopefully this is the last year with teams in Div 1 improving there grounds it will be the case of 3 up 3 down, on the Ryman status there it's the case of only one team going up from the feeder leagues and different as they dont allow progressive teams with the ground grading to come up to make it 3 up 3 down and would rather save a team thats failed on the pitch than give another team a chance.

Not a pop at the clubs in the bottom 3 but all this is detrimental to the CCL as the league will just become stale. We moan about Step 4 repreiving relegated clubs and not allowing clubs who wish to progress a chance well it is no difference in this case.

There is a difference though Kroons. The CCL can't promote anyone else from Division 1. The other two promotion candidates haven't got the facilities so aren't allowed up. Do you really expect grounds without floodlights to be allowed in the Premier? They're not even supposed to be in Division One these days.

The step 4 / step 5 situation has clubs in promotion places who want to go up and have the grading but they have to stay down whilst clubs above are kept in.

I don't like promotion based on facilities rather than playing record but I think floodlights are a basic at this level.

It is a bigger subject VP. I would look to promote the 3 highest clubs with the facilities if they wanted to come up. The ground gradings also play a part in all of this too.

There is a difference though Kroons. The CCL can't promote anyone else from Division 1. The other two promotion candidates haven't got the facilities so aren't allowed up. Do you really expect grounds without floodlights to be allowed in the Premier? They're not even supposed to be in Division One these days.

The step 4 / step 5 situation has clubs in promotion places who want to go up and have the grading but they have to stay down whilst clubs above are kept in.

I don't like promotion based on facilities rather than playing record but I think floodlights are a basic at this level.

I agree vpctfc,but there's clubs in this lge with poor facilities,they filter the promotion from div 1 down the lge,so if 3rd,4th and have the facilities and still want to come up let them.as for step 4 relegation Walton got a reprieve,ngu went to the southern lge,y can't chertsy or camberley go into the ryman south?Corinthian casuals have got away with this for years,they had a reshuffle a few a few years back and sent farnham,Westfield and molevalley down so they could scrap ryman div 2 dragging chertsey camberley Wembley dorking and egham into this lge,with only 1 team going up it's not fair on those clubs who do spend money , have the facilities and the support to go up! I don't know how the system works but you try explaining it,is it geography or quality of football?

Having watched the promoted clubs do well enough in the lgs they went into(except Walton last season)the top 4/5 this year would be alright.

It is a bigger subject VP. I would look to promote the 3 highest clubs with the facilities if they wanted to come up. The ground gradings also play a part in all of this too.

Kroons your right ground gradings are important,I feel sorry for cobham cos they have nice set up,but colliers get away with those portacabins,I appreciate money is a factor,but we have some lovely grounds in this lgesome are a little tired but but have and create a great atmosphere,so when teams visit camberley egham chertsey they feel they're playing a bigger club.

Personally feel that until the league ensures that all teams in Div 1 have the facilities to go up, we will always have this potential problem.

If it means reducing both divisions to 20 or even 18 teams to begin with then so be it!

I remember reading a couple of years ago that the FA were going to give clubs until the end of 09/10 season to have their grounds to the required standards of the respective division. This includes floodlights etc. If they did not meet the standard they would have to be removed from the league and placed at a lower level. I think that this could be implemented to clean up this tier of the pyramid. Grading for CoCo league could be dealt with at County level. If they have the facilities then they can come up. Clubs without the correct facilities can move down a division until they are eligable to make the CoCo league. Both Prem and Div 1 should have the same grading. How long has the debate about floodlights gone on?

Either clean it up so there is no issues with promotion/relegation by handing out grants to give clubs the facilities to be at this level of football or relegate them until they do. The CoCo league is the feeder for semi pro football as far as I am concerned and this should be reflected in the quality of facilities. Facilities come as part of a clubs progression.

Corinthian Casuals will be protected at all costs by the F.A. the reason why it is a flagship club for them.It epitomises all their outdated views of Football in this Country,they move Clubs at will like they have this year regards Fleet Town,and last year V.C.D.Athletic.The Ryman have detected a link in the chain though thats why they want to stop Groundsharing at Ryman Clubs,its a big threat to their Hierachy.They will ,say it is on the Grounds of better playing surfaces,but the Clubs that want to Groundshare do not have Reserve Sides and only want to maximise use of their facilities,to raise Revenue in tough economic times.Anyway the RESPECT campaign went out the Window last week,when the F.A.s Leader alledgely blotted his Copy Book.Never cross a Woman my dear old Dad told me,now I no why.

Personally feel that until the league ensures that all teams in Div 1 have the facilities to go up, we will always have this potential problem.

If it means reducing both divisions to 20 or even 18 teams to begin with then so be it!

How many clubs in division 1 meet the current ground grading requirements?

By this I mean all of the requirements ie floodlights, covered accomodation, hard standing, player/ref changing room sizes etc.

Kroons your right ground gradings are important,I feel sorry for cobham cos they have nice set up,but colliers get away with those portacabins,I appreciate money is a factor,but we have some lovely grounds in this lgesome are a little tired but but have and create a great atmosphere,so when teams visit camberley egham chertsey they feel they're playing a bigger club.

Bite time. :258:

Hello big man.

Those portacabins at CWUFC, whilst not ideal, are better then many bricked changing rooms in the CCL!!

We could have a pop at most clubs re something wrong with their facilities couldn't we.

We are all doing our best don't you think?

Given our present situation, (see other post), it really wouldn't be fair of me to make any comment at this stage.

Those of you that have met me will know that I do hold views and I'm not frightened to air them. It's still very much a case of 'watch-this-space' as far as DFC is concerned.

Well Well Chris a big bite there son. I am not sure Pearcey was having a go at individuals or people who run clubs.

I do agree with your sentiments re being able to have a go at most clubs.

For the record what I hate most is clubs paying players yet having really awful facilities. By that I dont mean the size of changing rooms etc but more the state of them.

Bite time. :258:

Hello big man.

Those portacabins at CWUFC, whilst not ideal, are better then many bricked changing rooms in the CCL!!

We could have a pop at most clubs re something wrong with their facilities couldn't we.

We are all doing our best don't you think?

Chris not a dig at the club,your club is always welcoming and your pitch held up well,your right about some brick built changing rooms,bedfonts are to small.I don't have any suggestions

Chris your not only ones with ports cabins (chertsey) and kroons is right get your house in order before you pay players,having watched the bedfont board members paint the ground,cut the grass and make general repairs and bedfont green board members working 7 days a week to get the orchard up to step 4 standard will any of the appreciate what's gone on this summer?I doubt it! But hope I'm wrong.it gives me the ump when players keep walking around with thier hands out or complain that there's hole in thier sock or the kit is slightly damp,these same players nick kit,I buy my own kit and my wife washes it every game,I appreciate players can't take kit home.(but they do).money is tight so making the best of you have is y we all are involved in football.