Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

next season

inbetweener

Read the Non League Paper Sunday for any news about Guernsey,I would suggest as that was where the News broke last time.As for Clubs joining,I would say not!!!!Reason new clubs have to have the correct facilities,whereas CLUBS already in do not,not a level playing field in my opinion,bring back Coulsdon I say.

Read the Non League Paper Sunday for any news about Guernsey,I would suggest as that was where the News broke last time.As for Clubs joining,I would say not!!!!Reason new clubs have to have the correct facilities,whereas CLUBS already in do not,not a level playing field in my opinion,bring back Coulsdon I say.

Edited by Smudge

What CC doesn't mention is that four can go down from the Surrey Elite so both Coulsdon & Crescent Rovers are in the relegation zone. Coulsdon have won their last two games though so maybe they're on a roll.

Spelthorne Sports applied to join the CCL last season but didn't finish high enough. This season it looks like they will, but have they got the facilities? They've done some work on the ground but no floodlights yet to my knowledge. I don't know what the rules are regarding allowing clubs in without lights these days.

Dorking Wanderers are looking good for promotion but they seem happy enough in the Sussex League. Again, no lights there yet.

I think it was mentioned on here that Rayners Lane want tomove from the Hellenic to the CCL. They've just got permission for lights so they should be OK. It's just whether the Hellenic let them go or not. I can see them refusing it as they're desperately short of teams in their division ones.

The new Windsor & Eton are another possible but are more likely to go into the Hellenic.

I don't know much about the Middlesex League. Not all the teams in it are in the CCL area and I haven't got a clue what the facilities are like.

What CC doesn't mention is that four can go down from the Surrey Elite so both Coulsdon & Crescent Rovers are in the relegation zone. Coulsdon have won their last two games though so maybe they're on a roll.

Spelthorne Sports applied to join the CCL last season but didn't finish high enough. This season it looks like they will, but have they got the facilities? They've done some work on the ground but no floodlights yet to my knowledge. I don't know what the rules are regarding allowing clubs in without lights these days.

Dorking Wanderers are looking good for promotion but they seem happy enough in the Sussex League. Again, no lights there yet.

I think it was mentioned on here that Rayners Lane want tomove from the Hellenic to the CCL. They've just got permission for lights so they should be OK. It's just whether the Hellenic let them go or not. I can see them refusing it as they're desperately short of teams in their division ones.

The new Windsor & Eton are another possible but are more likely to go into the Hellenic.

I don't know much about the Middlesex League. Not all the teams in it are in the CCL area and I haven't got a clue what the facilities are like.

AS USUAL VP VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE INFORMATION, ALONG WITH YOU & CC. GREEN FINGERS....COME ON MATE WHAT CAN YOU INFORM US WITH ?

leave off that pitch is horrendous whatever part of the year!

and did you say cresent and coulsdon are in the relegation zone?

Possibly! CC has posted a link to the league table. There are supposed to be four down with two coming up from the Surrey County Intermediate (Western) and two from the Surrey South Eastern Combination.

There was talk of the Surrey Elite changing it so it's just two down with one coming up from both feeders but I don't know if they're doing that from this season or not.

The league has shown it can be a team breaker. It's only in it's third season but the first two seasons were hit quite badly with teams withdrawing half way through or at the end of the season. It's all very well wanting promotion but some teams at that level may not be ready for county-wide football IMO. Well, the teams may be ready but the players aren't. As we all know, travelling to and from the Croydon area and Tongham for example can be a bu**er.

Last season only three came up anyway. FC Triangle from the SSEC either couldn't or wouldn't go up. I think they were based in Sydenham. They now seem to have disappeared completely.

Only one team was relegated from the Elite as well due to there being two withdrawals.

This season - who knows?

I understand that their planning application to MVDC for flood-lights was withdrawn.

I wonder if there may be a case for a South East Step 5 "Super League" some time in the near future?

CCL = 21 sides in Prem 19 in Div 1 (Total 40)

SUSSEX = 20 sides in Div 1 18 in Div 2 16 in Div 3 (Total 54)

KENT = 16 sides in Prem

We could look for 4 REGULAR promotion places to Ryman League (1 via a play off system).

Just a thought.coffee%20(2).gif

I wonder if there may be a case for a South East Step 5 "Super League" some time in the near future?

KENT = 16 sides in Prem

We could look for 4 REGULAR promotion places to Ryman League (1 via a play off system).

Play offs is a great shout!

Theres nothing worse than playing, but knowing your season has pretty much finished and its only February!

KENT = 16 sides in Prem

Play offs is a great shout!

Theres nothing worse than playing, but knowing your season has pretty much finished and its only February!

WITH ONLY ONE CLUB FROM THE CCL BEING PROMOTED HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SUBJECT OF CONVERSATION, SO YOU ARE RIGHT BBM COME FEBRUARY THERE ARE CLUBS OUT THERE KNOWING THEY CANT GO UP/DOWN, SO IF THEY ARE OUT OF THE CUPS THERE IS NOTHING TO PLAY FOR SO IN THEORY SEASON'S OVER AS SUCH.

HAVING STUDIED THE CCL, THERE HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN TIMES WHEN THE LEAGUE WAS WON IN JANUARY !!! SO BASICALLY AS I'VE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE, LAST SEASON IN SAW MYSELF GOING TO WATCH RELEGATION BATTLES AT THE END OF THE SEASON FOR COMPETATIVENESS AND SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR. WATCHING CCL, THIS IS THE FAILURE IN THE LEAGUE BUT UNDERSTAND ITS AN FA RULING.

SO I PROPOSE THIS. WHY NOT HAVE A CCL ''PLAY-OFF'' CUP TO KEEP THE LEAGUE ALIVE, AT LEAST THIS COULD BE DONE WITHIN THE REALMS OF THE CCL GOVERNING BODY AND THEN AT LEAST TEAMS FROM 2ND TO 5TH/6TH HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR ?

ANY COMMENTS ON THE IDEA - WHITELAW WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Not a bad idea Niceguy.......

there could be a play off trophy to be won for teams placed 2nd-8th position by a certain date, lets say march 1st.

If the 2nd placed team at that time decide they still feel they can win the league, they can opt out of it which then allows the 9th placed team in and so on if the 3rd placed team feel they can still challenge, th e10th placed team can play.

8 teams enter the hat on March 1st with quarters and semis on an agreed date.

Any thoughts people??

This would at least allow teams an extra bite at the cherry late on in the season.....

Not a bad idea Niceguy.......

there could be a play off trophy to be won for teams placed 2nd-8th position by a certain date, lets say march 1st.

If the 2nd placed team at that time decide they still feel they can win the league, they can opt out of it which then allows the 9th placed team in and so on if the 3rd placed team feel they can still challenge, th e10th placed team can play.

8 teams enter the hat on March 1st with quarters and semis on an agreed date.

Any thoughts people??

This would at least allow teams an extra bite at the cherry late on in the season.....

I'm a bit confused. I think.

Are you saying that there should be play off's in March but if 2nd/3rd place think they can catch the leader then they can opt out of the play offs and fight for the title allowing someone else in the play offs. What happens to the teams that opt out?

Edited by YoungHammerWhitby

I think a play off in Div 1 would be a great idea same structure as the Championship, top 2 automatic promotion, 3rd-6th play offs. Obviously couldnt do it in CCL Prem as there is only 1 place up for promotion.