Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wed 23rd results

was at the guildford game last night and can agree with the guildford city comments, guildford didnt look at there best but managed to get a very good result agaisnt a normally hard to break down egham side. egham playing pommers up top on his own 1st half was always going to be hard especially as the service up to him was at short supply, when matt grave came on in the second half egham looked a lot more dangerous going forward and could have scored on a couple of occassions but the guildford defence held firm, lets hope we can win saturday as we will break a club record of 13 straight wins!

WAS at colliers wood, this was a typical nothing to play for game. with both teams not up for it. at one point duncs was heard to shout out,we look like we cant be bothered. thought JJ had a fair game. but how is he at 5foot and a bit, allowed to win every header. but it was a dire dire night.coffee%20%282%29.gif

DUNCS ''CANT BE BOTHERED'' WHAT YOU'RE TEAM ? ..........

NOADSEY WATCH asked one of cove people,where the angry one was, they said signing for egham. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Wrong and wrong again wasn't any of us who shouted out anything like that, I think you'll find it was uncle Albert on the Colliers bench who said it more than once,Noady is not going to Egham he is staying with us,we are aiming for a top 6 finish so plenty to play for NG

TOP 6 WOW ! I DO UNDERSTAND DUNCS AS ITS A CLUB MILESTONE, BUT IT WINS YOU NOTHING. NOW IF YOU HAD A 'PLAY-OFF CUP'' TO PLAY FOR YOUR LADS AND CLUB COULD ACTUALLY WIN SOME SILVERWARE .................... OH WELL

Not if they finished 6th it wouldn't NG - not by your rules wink.gif

JJ, LETS NOT COMPLICATE THINGS AND GET TOO MANY CLUBS INVOLVED 'COS WE HAVE TO GET THE GAMES IN AT THE END OF THE SEASON AND YOU WHAT END OF SEASON PITCHES ARE LIKE !

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE STRAIGHT SEMI-FINAL - TEAM FINISHED 2ND (AT HOME) PLAY 5TH TEAM AND 3RD PLACE (AT HOME) PLAYS 4TH PLACE THEN WINNERS PLAY FOR THE ''CCL PLAY-OFF'' CUP (IM SURE WE CAN FIND A BETTER NAME FOR IT) AT A NEUTRAL GROUND - SIMPLES !!!

WAS at colliers wood, this was a typical nothing to play for game. with both teams not up for it. at one point duncs was heard to shout out,we look like we cant be bothered. thought JJ had a fair game. but how is he at 5foot and a bit, allowed to win every header. but it was a dire dire night.coffee%20%282%29.gif

NOADSEY WATCH asked one of cove people,where the angry one was, they said signing for egham. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Wrong and wrong again wasn't any of us who shouted out anything like that, I think you'll find it was uncle Albert on the Colliers bench who said it more than once,Noady is not going to Egham he is staying with us,we are aiming for a top 6 finish so plenty to play for NG

TOP 6 WOW ! I DO UNDERSTAND DUNCS AS ITS A CLUB MILESTONE, BUT IT WINS YOU NOTHING. NOW IF YOU HAD A 'PLAY-OFF CUP'' TO PLAY FOR YOUR LADS AND CLUB COULD ACTUALLY WIN SOME SILVERWARE .................... OH WELL

NICE GUY,YOU DO SPOUT SOME CRAP,AND ALWAYS PUTTING CLUBS DOWN IN YOUR SNIDE LITTLE WAY,BY YOUR LOLS,WOW'S ETC.AS WE ALL KNOW THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE WINNER OF THE PREMIER DIVISION,BUT CLUBS WITH LOWER OR NO BUDGETS TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR PERFORMANCES AND THEIR FINISHING POSITIONS.SO 6TH IS BETTER THAN 7TH,WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ON THIS SITE,THE ONLY POST YOU HAVE EVER STARTED WAS ABOUT THE olympic stadium,be a leader not a doom and gloom merchant,we all know you have only ever watched a match where 1 of the top 4 sides have played,as I have said before you should work for a RED TOP PAPER.

We'll take this as a point gained, after being 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2 down. After scoring 4 goals away you would expect to pick up 3 points, but with 2 of our regular back 4 out it unsettled us and we gifted Farleigh 4 goals they said thank you very much and took them! You need a good SQUAD to get out of this division and this year we've certainly improved ours with 6 first team starters out we still competed with a strong Farleigh side (Choo Choo). Agree with Smudge, B&WA best player on the pitch followed by Glads3. Shame we couldnt have a beer after game, but it wasn't Farleighs doing. I'll just add one more thing, if you know where your going and can stay off the motorway the Arena aint as bad as people make out to get to. :bounce:

Cheers for compliment on my performance last night was pleased with the way i played. 4 in 3 now for me. It's always good to play against you another enjoyable entertaining match. I won't do my report on the game as it's the same as everyone else's lol!!

Molly any reason why you didn't play last night??

Missed Sats game with a hammy injury, was hoping to come on but we needed 2 goals and the boss didnt fancy putting a holding midfielder on!

no duncs defo you, well he might not be egham bound, but he was not on your bench, as per team sheet. maybe koo has not informed you yet.

I agree with NG in that end of season games can get tedious between sides with nothing to play for and no matter what Duncs and Weebs say it is down to players mindset and no management will change that. There will be some players in all teams that will coast through games now. I don't agree however that an extra cup will change things, play offs with a promotion spot may do but only for 2 or 3 sides. Not the masses as NG seems to think.

Spot on SF. Play-offs (and NG's brainchild the "Best of Also-Rans Trophy") are for teams finishing 2-5 in the League. Can't see any team outside current top 7 finishing in top 5, so how would an extra cup change things?

PLEASE LETS ALL FORGET ABOUT THIS SEASON !

ITS SOMETHING OF AN IDEA THAT COULD START FOR NEXT SEASON, SO EVERY CLUB KNOWS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON THAT YES THERE IS SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR BE IT ANOTHER CUP TO WIN IN THE PLAY-OFF PLACES, THEN JUST WATCH TEAMS WHO HAVE A CHANCE TOWARDS THE END OF NEXT SEASON MAKE A GO FOR IT AS OPPOSED TO SEEING OFF THE SEASON WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AND GO JUST GO THRU' THE MOTIONS.

COME JANUARY, AT LEAST IT WILL SPICE UP THE LEAGUE AND MAKE IT COMPETATIVE AND INTERESTING FOR THE PAYING PUBLIC EH TF, THE PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT WHO ARE WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE OF THE PLAY-OFF PLACES. WE KNOW TEAMS CANNOT GET PROMOTED THEN HAVE A CUP TO PLAY FOR......SIMPLES

I have it on good authority that Noady will see the season out as a cove player!

Who needs another trophy NiceGuy?? Cove have won 2 trophies in 3 seasons and been involved in 3 finals. Not many clubs can say that about their last 3 seasons can they??

Always something to play for,

YEAH LOOP ESPECIALLY WITH SHEERWATER........RELEGATION ! ............BUT THAT MATTERED AND YOU COULD SEE THE COMMITTMENT,OF PLAYERS DESPERATE TO AVOID RELEGATION, WHEREAS AT THE TOP AND MIDDLE GAMES WERE A NON-EVENT COME JANUARY/FEBRUARY REALLY 'COS NGU WERE ALREADY CHAMPIONS ELECT.

Not if they finished 6th it wouldn't NG - not by your rules wink.gif

JJ, LETS NOT COMPLICATE THINGS AND GET TOO MANY CLUBS INVOLVED 'COS WE HAVE TO GET THE GAMES IN AT THE END OF THE SEASON AND YOU WHAT END OF SEASON PITCHES ARE LIKE !

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE STRAIGHT SEMI-FINAL - TEAM FINISHED 2ND (AT HOME) PLAY 5TH TEAM AND 3RD PLACE (AT HOME) PLAYS 4TH PLACE THEN WINNERS PLAY FOR THE ''CCL PLAY-OFF'' CUP (IM SURE WE CAN FIND A BETTER NAME FOR IT) AT A NEUTRAL GROUND - SIMPLES !!!

BUT DUNCS AGAIN YOU MISS MY POINT, I WONDER IF YOU KNEW AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON THERE WAS SOMETHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WIN IN THE PLAY-OFF PLACES THEN MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, THE PLAYERS COULD HAVE TRIED HARDER TO GET INTO THAT 5TH PLACE BASICALLY, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TARGET AND POSSIBLY WIN SOMETHING FROM REACHING THAT TARGET, THEN I BELIEVE THE PLAYERS WOULD BE MORE FOCUSED, DETERMINED TO TRY AND GET THAT 5TH POSITION ..........YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND THAT LITTLE MORE WITHIN ONES SELF.

Edited by NICE GUY

NICE GUY,YOU DO SPOUT SOME CRAP,AND ALWAYS PUTTING CLUBS DOWN IN YOUR SNIDE LITTLE WAY,BY YOUR LOLS,WOW'S ETC.AS WE ALL KNOW THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE WINNER OF THE PREMIER DIVISION,BUT CLUBS WITH LOWER OR NO BUDGETS TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR PERFORMANCES AND THEIR FINISHING POSITIONS.SO 6TH IS BETTER THAN 7TH,WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ON THIS SITE,THE ONLY POST YOU HAVE EVER STARTED WAS ABOUT THE olympic stadium,be a leader not a doom and gloom merchant,we all know you have only ever watched a match where 1 of the top 4 sides have played,as I have said before you should work for a RED TOP PAPER.

I'M NOT KNOCKING. DUNCS OR JJ HAS STATED WHERE COVE HAVE BEEN PLACED IN THE LAST FEW SEASONS, SO HAVING ONLY THE CUPS TO PLAY FOR SO ITS AN ADDED BONUS FOR CLUBS WITH NO BUDGET IF THEY MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS WHERE THEY COULD POSSIBLY WIN SOMETHING !

WHATEVER SMUDGY BOY, I'M NOT DOOM & GLOOM MAYBE IN YOUR DOOM AND GLOOM WORLD I AM. YES, ONLY 1 TEAM GETS PROMOTED WE ALL KNOW THAT FROM THE PREM. I TELL YOU WHAT, LET ME HEAR OF IDEAS ON HOW TO SPICE UP THE PREMIER FOR GAMES COMMENCING IN JANUARY, INFACT I INVITE ANYONE TO REAL OFF THEIR SUGGESTIONS...................

BY THE WAY SMUDGY BOY, NOT MUCH COME BACK FROM POST THIS MORNING ABOUT YOUR CHOO CHOO'S CLUBHOUSE BEING SHUT.... DID I TOUCH A NERVE OR WAS I ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH AS I SEE IT !!!

I have it on good authority that Noady will see the season out as a cove player!

Who needs another trophy NiceGuy?? Cove have won 2 trophies in 3 seasons and been involved in 3 finals. Not many clubs can say that about their last 3 seasons can they??

JJ, THE MIGHTY COVE MAY NOT WANT TO WIN ANOTHER CUP/TROPHY, THE CABINET MUST BE FULL UP IN YOUR CLUBHOUSE.......BUT THERE ARE OTHER CLUBS WHO WOULD ............

Again loop keep kidding yourself that your players always give their all to the end of season. I bet some are already thinking of summer/next season, it's a fact of life, nothing will change that.

SF, I no what i get from players under myself, no need to kid myself if they are not willing to give there all till the end of the season then leave them out and bring in reserve players they may not be as good but they will try there best and thats all you can ask.

As for nothing on a game there is always something on it! are you there NG! its called pride!!!!!!!!!

Just ask Tucks about Warlingham v Frimley end of last season see if that game was played out as a nothing game

Edited by loop

NICE GUY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTORS,THE MEDICATION HE GAVE YOU IS NOT WORKING,IT IS MAKING YOU PARANOID.MAYBE IF YOU GOT OUT OF YOUR SLIPPERS AND FIRESIDE CHAIR,AND TOOK A BIT OF FRESH AIR IT WOULD HELP.

TUTT, TUTT NOW, NOW SMUDGY BOY........... STILL WAITING YOUR RESONSE TO MY POST EARLIER TODAY SMUDGY, YOU WAS GOING TO FIND OUT WHY THE CLUBHOUSE WAS CLOSED, COULD IT BE THAT FARLEIGHS CHOO CHOO TRAIN FAILED STOP BY THE SHOP TO GET THE BREAD............ CHOOOOO CHOOO ....HA HA ! -

that 'bit' on the end of the five foot is oh so important though! Its all about the spring, the timing and the technique. I am still carrying my hammy injury which I will be resting on Saturday for sure! Cant keep playing on it as it just wont get better.

Johnno, so you won't be gracing the lush turf of Meadowbank then? You should have rested yesterday as it was a nothing game ;), whereas Chicks will be well up for getting points - there'll be no NG Cup required on Saturday. There will be goals!!

I take it you'll be coming over to support the boys?

Edited by TRS

NICE GUY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTORS,THE MEDICATION HE GAVE YOU IS NOT WORKING,IT IS MAKING YOU PARANOID.MAYBE IF YOU GOT OUT OF YOUR SLIPPERS AND FIRESIDE CHAIR,AND TOOK A BIT OF FRESH AIR IT WOULD HELP.

TUTT, TUTT NOW, NOW SMUDGY BOY........... STILL WAITING YOUR RESONSE TO MY POST EARLIER TODAY SMUDGY, YOU WAS GOING TO FIND OUT WHY THE CLUBHOUSE WAS CLOSED, COULD IT BE THAT FARLEIGHS CHOO CHOO TRAIN FAILED STOP BY THE SHOP TO GET THE BREAD............ CHOOOOO CHOOO ....HA HA ! -

Just so you can sleep tonight NG, we were provided with sandwiches in the changing rooms. So the train must of stopped at the bakery on the way.

NG you'd have to ask your mate dixon as to why the clubhouse was closed last night, He knew we were playing as did the tea bar, so it was down to him!!!

Also as molly has said sandwiches were provided, We as a paying tenant could do no more...

Thanks for asking so nicely though

that 'bit' on the end of the five foot is oh so important though! Its all about the spring, the timing and the technique. I am still carrying my hammy injury which I will be resting on Saturday for sure! Cant keep playing on it as it just wont get better.

Johnno, so you won't be gracing the lush turf of Meadowbank then? You should have rested yesterday as it was a nothing game wink.gif, whereas Chicks will be well up for getting points - there'll be no NG Cup required on Saturday. There will be goals!!

I take it you'll be coming over to support the boys?

Played with a hamstring strain for 2 matches now and its obviously not getting better.

BIGGER FISH TO FRY wink.gif next week when we travel to the form team Hanworth Villa and we need to be on top form and all the players fit and firing. Big derbys coming up versus Ash, Camberley and Baggy Lea twice so need to be fit for then.

Dorking will be of course a hard match as they are fighting for survival as we found out from Bookham. Unfortunately if i want to be fit to finish the season i need to rest my 33 year old legs!

Going to stay at home with the wife and kids and hope the amount I annoy the Mrs will ensure I continue football for another season!! Also handy that i get to watch Wales v England. I look forward to the highlights of Dorking v Cove on the most famous Trs TV. Will also get to see just how much Cove need Johnno!!!!!

I was told Weds night that Hamsher and Pearcy were doing Egham now? Presume the big man wasn't in the dugout v Guildford though...

I was told Weds night that Hamsher and Pearcy were doing Egham now? Presume the big man wasn't in the dugout v Guildford though...

that cant be true PEA that would be another stab in the back for YOSSER. beware the ivs of march. coffee%20%282%29.gif