Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

From a personal point of view I think its a great move by the CCL to try and move this forward. I was not at the meeting last night but my main concern was players injuries due to no NHS in Guernsey but from what I have been told this has been covered aswell by Guersney FA.

There are always going to be negative comments towards such a big change for the CCL but if its a change to move the league on then Im all for it.

Issues that I think posters have put on here have all been covered and again from what I have been told they put forward a very good case as to why they should join the league.

There will be stumbling blocks and I expect teams will moan throughout the season that they cant get their best side out to go to Guernsey but how many teams can get their best side out every week now.

There is obviously a long way to go in this yet but I for one will now support this venture after initially thinking it was a ridiculous idea.

I just hope that if Im still managing Warlingham next season we get the away gane to Guernsey in August!!

TUCKS THE WRITINGS ON THE WALL FOR YOU NEXT SEASON IF YOU DON'T MAKE THE 'NICE GUYS PLAY-OFF CUP' .............................HA HA HA !

From a personal point of view I think its a great move by the CCL to try and move this forward. I was not at the meeting last night but my main concern was players injuries due to no NHS in Guernsey but from what I have been told this has been covered aswell by Guersney FA.

There are always going to be negative comments towards such a big change for the CCL but if its a change to move the league on then Im all for it.

Issues that I think posters have put on here have all been covered and again from what I have been told they put forward a very good case as to why they should join the league.

There will be stumbling blocks and I expect teams will moan throughout the season that they cant get their best side out to go to Guernsey but how many teams can get their best side out every week now.

There is obviously a long way to go in this yet but I for one will now support this venture after initially thinking it was a ridiculous idea.

I just hope that if Im still managing Warlingham next season we get the away gane to Guernsey in August!!

TUCKS THE WRITINGS ON THE WALL FOR YOU NEXT SEASON IF YOU DON'T MAKE THE 'NICE GUYS PLAY-OFF CUP' .............................HA HA HA !

Ha Ha tell me about it mate!! the only problem with your 'play off' cup is what would happen in div 1 play off if a team who couldntgo up because of their ground finished in a play off place?

The problem of teams travelling to Guernsey is always going to be an argument BUT if teams are prepared in advance and the league sends teams who are equipped to go first who have never shown any problems in the past it will give other teams plenty of time to organise their away day. It is only one game a season and if you draw then on the cup so be it. I have agreed with all the arguments against Guenseys inclusion for next season but they have answered all questions thrown at them last night. I personally think that they will walk the division next season and therfore the premier clubs do have a say in their inclusion as they will be looking to play them the following season. Spy does have valid points but lets just give it a chance.

Ha Ha tell me about it mate!! the only problem with your 'play off' cup is what would happen in div 1 play off if a team who couldntgo up because of their ground finished in a play off place?

COS TOP 3 SHOULD BE PROMOTED UNLESS WORCESTER PARK HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. ITS FOR TEAMS IN PLAY OFF PLACES 4TH,5TH, 6TH 7TH WHO PLAY FOR THE CUP TUCKS NOT PROMOTION !

Edited by NICE GUY

Firstly, thanks to whitelaw for the usual informative and helpful post.

What an interesting topic this is - so many questions! One or two that I have are more longer term and I don't know if anyone has the answer at this stage. What guarantees are there that Guernsey will cover costs of travel in future seasons? What if after next season they say they won't continue - presumably they couldn't be thrown out? Also, if they progress up the pyramid (as expected), will they extend the same benefits? The Ryman and Zamaretto clubs have no vote, but in two or three years time the likes of Bideford or Taunton could be faced with making the trip. Not easy!

Coming back to the present, it would be interesting to know who voted against - maybe some ambitious Div 1 clubs that can see there being one less promotion place up for grabs next season, as seems likely? Other than a jolly to Guernsey I don't really see what is in it for them. Maybe there will be 50 fans coming over in August or April on a Saturday, but how many will make the trip to Knaphill on a cold Tuesday night in January? As for the League, yes i'm sure Sky Sports News will devote 30 seconds to the first game but not sure what else it brings.

I think the only thing you can guarantee if it does get the final nod, is that there will be moaning on this forum next season!

In terms of away fans, i don't think many would travel on a weeknight and you wont get a constant 50 travelling at weekends, i doubt anybody would travel to every away game due to the cost.

What you must remember though is that there are hundreds of Guernsey born people living and working in the London area and i am sure that some of these will try and get to the games on a regular basis.

Any chance we could get a thread that's not hijacked by a) you and smudge having a pop at each other or B) you bringing up this end of season argument and silly fantasy cup

N.L.N. Your boring me now,maybe you should change the record.before i get my violin out.

Also, if they progress up the pyramid (as expected), will they extend the same benefits? The Ryman and Zamaretto clubs have no vote, but in two or three years time the likes of Bideford or Taunton could be faced with making the trip. Not easy!

Valid point TRS but I don't know how far they'll progress up the pyramid. I'm not even sure they'll walk Division One in their first season.

They won the National League Systems Cup but that's only for step 7 leagues - the Surrey Elite, Middlesex County etc. As many teams find out - playing week in, week out at the next level up in CCL1 is a different ball game.

Guernsey aren't bigging themselves up in any way. I realise this is due to the fact that, if they did, they'd put themselves up as a target and set themselves up to be shot down so there's probably a bit of psychology in there but you have to remember this is a venture into the unknown for them as well.

On the NLM forum there are people from Conference clubs worrying about what may happen in the future when their clubs have to play there. All a bit of a long way off in my opinion, if it'll ever happen. All it is in cost terms is a coach to Crawley and a £50 air fair. Most clubs at step 3 and above are paying so much money to players that this is a piss in the ocean to them.

Any chance we could get a thread that's not hijacked by a) you and smudge having a pop at each other or B) you bringing up this end of season argument and silly fantasy cup

N.L.N. Your boring me now,maybe you should change the record.before i get my violin out.

I have a point though

I like the idea of this. Obviously like anything there will be the odd problem but sure it'll all be fine. The major worry I was thinking is the weather. If we have a winter like we have and many of their Saturday games get called off, what will happen towards the end of the season? Midweek games would be unfair with peoples jobs to think of, but I'm sure you guys have a 'plan B' for this ;)

Oh, and I might have to do a Dennis Bergkamp with my travelling, either the long drive or I'll have to dig my Speedo's out and leave a week before, I hate flying :doh:

Edited by Wattsy

I have a point though

No. you got NIL points last night.

Firstly, thanks to whitelaw for the usual informative and helpful post.

What an interesting topic this is - so many questions! One or two that I have are more longer term and I don't know if anyone has the answer at this stage. What guarantees are there that Guernsey will cover costs of travel in future seasons? What if after next season they say they won't continue - presumably they couldn't be thrown out? Also, if they progress up the pyramid (as expected), will they extend the same benefits? The Ryman and Zamaretto clubs have no vote, but in two or three years time the likes of Bideford or Taunton could be faced with making the trip. Not easy!

Coming back to the present, it would be interesting to know who voted against - maybe some ambitious Div 1 clubs that can see there being one less promotion place up for grabs next season, as seems likely? Other than a jolly to Guernsey I don't really see what is in it for them. Maybe there will be 50 fans coming over in August or April on a Saturday, but how many will make the trip to Knaphill on a cold Tuesday night in January? As for the League, yes i'm sure Sky Sports News will devote 30 seconds to the first game but not sure what else it brings.

I think the only thing you can guarantee if it does get the final nod, is that there will be moaning on this forum next season!

The BIG though question is TRS who will be the first to offer you one of their 22 places to film their day out?

Wouldn't think it will be Frimley Green, they'd probably pay you to stay away after filming them shipping 12 goals without reply in recent games wink.gif

In terms of away fans, i don't think many would travel on a weeknight and you wont get a constant 50 travelling at weekends, i doubt anybody would travel to every away game due to the cost.

What you must remember though is that there are hundreds of Guernsey born people living and working in the London area and i am sure that some of these will try and get to the games on a regular basis.

HI trebor thanks for your input. i have read that you will NOT be paying players. im not sure this can be accurate, with some of the names linked to the new side. also prem sides should think, they could have a season in limbo. coffee%20%282%29.gif

HI trebor thanks for your input. i have read that you will NOT be paying players. im not sure this can be accurate, with some of the names linked to the new side. also prem sides should think, they could have a season in limbo. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Again I agree with you especially if only 1 goes up.... ( thats u and NG i have agreed with now this week...What's happening )

Again I agree with you especially if only 1 goes up.... ( thats u and NG i have agreed with now this week...What's happening )

YOU LOVE US REALLY...............JUST PLAYING HARD TO GET HA HA !

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

so what if they are mid table this time next year if teams can't be bothered ( as you say) why would they want to travel to Guernsey and visa versa.......hmmm. will you be travelling with any particular club,

STUPID STATEMENT DUNCS READ WHAT YOU WROTE............. 'COS ITS WARMER DERRRR !..... 'COS THE LEAGUE DICTATES THEY HAVE TOO ......SIMPLES ! NEXT SEASON COVE SHOULD NOT BOTHER GOING TO GUERNSEY WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AND ENJOY THE FINE.............. HAPPY DAYS ! GET A BOBBLE HAT DUNCS IT'LL MAKE YOU HEAD WARMER SO YOU CAN THINK BETTER ....................LOL !

GOOD TRY DUNCS ! YEAH IM SURE SOMEONE WILL FOR PAY ME TO GO AND WATCH A FEW GAMES OVER THERE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSD, OR I WILL BE GOING TO GUERNSEY NEXT SEASON WITH YOU AND SMUDGY BOY.......................HA HA HA !!!

I have a reputation to keep up so I certainly wouldn't want to be seen out with some old has been don't mind going out with Smudge though NG.