Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Smudge - this is the same at Chelmsford city.

Their ground is an athletics track and they haev a roro terrace (Roll on roll off)

here it is

http://chelmsfordcit...ort-Guided-Tour

Fair play and hats off to Guernsey FC ! They are really trying very hard to impress both visiting clubs to get the supporters closer to the action so to create a better atmosphere by this roll on roll off equipment......

Guernsey may have some knockers on this site, but boy are they trying hard to win us over...... Guernsey you don't have to do that with me, I think you're a breath of fresh air for your and other clubs to experience large crowds which were last witnessed when AFC plyed their trade in the CCL.

Next The Spectrum and The Arena to follow suit ............ I wish !

Yes there will be teething problems and the vultures will come out, but in all honesty, Guernsey have done everything asked of them to try and make them welcome to the CCL.

Edited by NICE GUY

Believe it or not, it's something we did investigate and we chatted to Chelmsford about their setup. Unfortunately the cost is just a tad prohibitive, plus you need enough willing volunteers to get it in to place before and after the match, not something that is always easy to come by!

Edited by Guildford Sweeney

You ain't seen some of the sh1t in the ryman league,have you never heard of Romford??

No mate but I am sure that the people of Romford have nerer heard of Guernsey - therefore respect to the people from Romford come and join uw in the CCL (if that is poosible before I get slagged off!)

Having gone Chelmsford City in the FA Cup last year and witness these stands I can confirm that there is absolutely no atmosphere at all, just a Shame as there was over 500 people there.

OK guys I have listened, waited and taken all of the comments, positve and negative (both from the looney Smudge) and now is time to stop messing around

We are coming for you, you should be scared, we bring to you unknown talent, but an awful lot of talent. I believe we are already a Ryman league side (I have been sitting back waiting and watching your comments (Sorry Guernsey Donkey for the misled negativity I am with you, I had just listened to the posters but I have been lying)

I know I will receive the 'whatever' comments again but I am telling you all that we are a couple of leagues above you. Our administration and orgainsation is miles above this league and we may be the new boys but this league will be like a national side playing in the Sunday league. You will all have a great trip to Guernsey, no matter how bad you are (I personally played at a much higher level than CCL Div 1) but you will be beaten, some horrifically, mark my words. Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome.

Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league

Anything less this year will be deemed a failure, if there is anyone out there who still likes us, tough, we have tried to be nice to everybody and for some that hasn't been enough, bring your teams and try, we are coming to somewhere near you very soon en mass!

Well at least we know the beer works over there :)

Mate no one can slag me off for trying to be nice. Everyone in Guernsey is raring to go and the negativity, ability for you all to want more (has any club at any time had to finance this kind of project?) just means that now we have been accepted the best thing we can do is win this league, and we will, mark my words, you are all micky mouse units compared to us

Their ground is an athletics track and they haev a roro terrace (Roll on roll off)

here it is

Fair play and hats off to Guernsey FC ! They are really trying very hard to impress both visiting clubs to get the supporters closer to the action so to create a better atmosphere by this roll on roll off equipment......

Guernsey may have some knockers on this site, but boy are they trying hard to win us over...... Guernsey you don't have to do that with me, I think you're a breath of fresh air for your and other clubs to experience large crowds which were last witnessed when AFC plyed their trade in the CCL.

Yes there will be teething problems and the vultures will come out, but in all honesty, Guernsey have done everything asked of them to try and make them welcome to the CCL.

I am so sick of being Mr Nice Guy, you are right mate, enough is enough and I have had enough of it! We bring what we bring, we certainly cant bring any more and I am sick of the ever increasing greed, F??ck it we will just win your league and stop trying to make friends, we tried to do it the right way but some just wont accept that, happy days!

Bring it on boys we are ready for you and at this level your teams will not be anywhere near good enough, speak to Knaphill in 2 weeks time who will have had a great day but will return to the UK potless as will the rest of you, yawn! (tried to be nice but that obviously didnt work)

here it is

Faceless one,give either Croydon or Guildford £750,000 backing,I'm sure they could oblige you.

Bet Mr Tony Vance,and Mr, Mark le Tissier are well pleased with your post Guernsey Guru.Be careful what you say when the alcohol is flowing.

Thanks for you well informed comments again Smudge but I dont drink. Also I am good friends with Tony and Mark and although my comments raise the stakes I know that they are ready to step up and compete at this level. If we dont win this league this year it will be seen as a failure, there is no way that CCL Div1 is anywhere near our standard but we realise that everyone has to start somewhere and it will be great to start off with a promotion. I have been very careful about what I have been saying over the last couple of months but people like you have worn me down. Lets let the football do the talking as you, as a non committed supporter, are no advert for this league