Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 6th Aug Score/updates/results

Just seen the goals and Wow what has happened to Knaphill!? I got told Guernsey were a footballing side, From what i saw 3 or 4 were from long balls and a shocking touch from Knaphill defender and a wowful keeper!! First goal was a quality volley and the other was poor defending and a tap in. But you stuck them away and looked deserve winners, Not every team will be that easy (I Hope).

Well I have had the pleasure of playing against Guernsey when they were not even at full strength and let me tell you they play great football and work hard for each other,there forward play is superb. When you teams go there just enjoy the occasion they will be in the Prem next year.

Yes they will have to change there tactics in the bad weather away from home but im sure they have the coaching staff to sort that out.

Just seen the Guernsey goals. 1 miles offside and 2 awfull errors !! The right back set up 3 didn't he with a big hoof up the pitch !

He was onside. Due to the camera angle you couldn't see the 3 Knaphill defenders in a line playing him onside.

We also hit the bar twice and missed lots of other chances including 2 sitters.

where can i watch goals?

Spelthorne Sports 1-2 Westfield

Amongst all the bitching and moaning on here I’ve a positive post

We visited Spelthorne Sports yesterday for our opening league match. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. Pitch whilst not perfectly flat is very well maintained and is a decent playing surface. The changing rooms are sizeable and very clean. By far one of the best in the division. By kick off there was a decent crowd too

On the pitch the players very passionate and like their dug out very respectful too. First time I’ve ever gone to that neck of the woods and there hasn’t been a word said between each respective set of managers/coaches

Clubhouse- again one of the best in the CCL. Big spacious tidy. Loads of flat screen TV’s with sky. Sandwiches and Pasta. Friendly bar staff decent beer and some attractive sorts floating around J

With regards to the match as expected a confident Spelthorne side flew out the blocks. They are strong and experienced down the middle but very pacey out wide. Their right winger caused us all sorts of problems first half. We have some very quick lads but even they struggled to keep up with him at times. Very open first half with chances for both sides but Spelthorne opened the scoring 20 min in after we didn’t do our jobs on a set piece.

Second half we dug in and gradually got on top I guess it will take Spelthorne a few weeks to get used to the pace and fitness of sides at this level and how long they last for. Scored a fine equaliser 20 mins from time and then snatched a winner in the last min when their keeper came for a cross he was never going to get. Sports still had time to grab what looked like an equaliser deep into stoppage time but thankfully it was given offside.

A good victory for us and I think Spelthorne will be a very useful team this season. Overall they are welcome addition to our league and to all the ground hoppers on here I advise you to get down there at some stage this season

glad to see a good report for spelthorne. i think they will go well this year. i heard threw friends that watched the game, that it should of been a draw? as spelthorne player was onside

Got the NLP today hoping that the CCL and the other lower leagues that started early might get more coverage than usual but no the same one sixth of one page! At least BlueandWhiteArmy got a name check!

yea I've seen it pretty poor only sixth of the page but my name is there in black and White LOL!!!

Bomaya,

Because i'm going back to uni, the assistant manager (seeing as DT10 is on holiday) left me out as we have a number of strikers at our disposal. Of course I completely understand his decision and accept it graciously, but it won't stop me trying to break into the team while I can in the meantime.

Jack Ball was on the bench but only 1 substitute came on being Danny Turner.

Edited by elnino37

We visited Spelthorne Sports yesterday for our opening league match. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. Pitch whilst not perfectly flat is very well maintained and is a decent playing surface. The changing rooms are sizeable and very clean. By far one of the best in the division. By kick off there was a decent crowd too

On the pitch the players very passionate and like their dug out very respectful too. First time I’ve ever gone to that neck of the woods and there hasn’t been a word said between each respective set of managers/coaches

Clubhouse- again one of the best in the CCL. Big spacious tidy. Loads of flat screen TV’s with sky. Sandwiches and Pasta. Friendly bar staff decent beer and some attractive sorts floating around J

With regards to the match as expected a confident Spelthorne side flew out the blocks. They are strong and experienced down the middle but very pacey out wide. Their right winger caused us all sorts of problems first half. We have some very quick lads but even they struggled to keep up with him at times. Very open first half with chances for both sides but Spelthorne opened the scoring 20 min in after we didn’t do our jobs on a set piece.

Second half we dug in and gradually got on top I guess it will take Spelthorne a few weeks to get used to the pace and fitness of sides at this level and how long they last for. Scored a fine equaliser 20 mins from time and then snatched a winner in the last min when their keeper came for a cross he was never going to get. Sports still had time to grab what looked like an equaliser deep into stoppage time but thankfully it was given offside.

A good victory for us and I think Spelthorne will be a very useful team this season. Overall they are welcome addition to our league and to all the ground hoppers on here I advise you to get down there at some stage this season

Pretty accurate assessment I would say. I was very impressed with Spelthorne. Their front 5 are very good and will cause teams a lot of problems I reckon. The people around on the day were a credit to the club and the game was generally played in an excellent spirit. You will get bantered by the village idiot but even he was a good sort it the end.

A good start from us, our fitness was probably the difference second half, and we just about deserved it in the end

glad to see a good report for spelthorne. i think they will go well this year. i heard threw friends that watched the game, that it should of been a draw? as spelthorne player was onside

I was pretty close to it obviously and I was fairly sure he was offside. The lino was up with play and his flag went up immediately, and two locals behind the goal confirmed he was 'definitely offside'. Our players were also sure and the only person who seemed to put up a passionate defence was the scorer's father!

Bite lol lammas have won nothing since back to back titles fact so how can any of you say youve got better squads until you prove it so far you havent !!

Talk is all it is perhaps thats why bedfont saw the light an parted company you your not bitter though aye !! Hope your season as reserve manager is a good one i wish you well

Oh an as for not geting in lol i was injured most of it but then you werent at lammas at the time no bite just facts might start calling you billy liar as well as redrup heads in the clouds somtimes you two lol

What you got to remember tho newby is that this league has got harder every year, its the league it was 5 years ago, where maybe you had 3-4 contenders where now you have 10 teams that could all win it!

Your such a tease Newby why don't you just admit it you made a mistake and you want to come back home, I've had a word with the powers that be and they would love you back, as the last time we won the league you was a first team squad player who never played and they feel you could be our lucky charm this season Lol!!!!

You played 3 at the bk big ant?it really didn't look that way watching it but fair play good luck for rest of season

Yes mate only 3 the wide boys Where getting push back when you had a lot of the ball 1st half but 2nd half you looked like you didn't have a plan b.

I came and watched a bit on tuesday you where missing 1 of the boys up top who looked very good?

the young sub came on to take all the set plays has a lovely left foot and that was only way I think you. Would have got a goal

Good lucky to wars and you with the leg

I'm glad someone realises Ant about my left peg ;) Good luck for the rest of the season.

Watched a bit Tuesday night when u played left back as soon as u was coming on I knew what u was going to do.

See you last season as well too good to be on the bench

Just seen the Guernsey goals. 1 miles offside and 2 awfull errors !! The right back set up 3 didn't he with a big hoof up the pitch !

He was onside. Due to the camera angle you couldn't see the 3 Knaphill defenders in a line playing him onside.

We also hit the bar twice and missed lots of other chances including 2 sitters.

where can i watch goals?

channelonlive. tv tigger. hardly worldly's though.

South Kilburn 2-2 Cobham

I see that South Kilburn threw, sorry, chucked away a two goal lead yesterday, did anybody attend

I was pretty close to it obviously and I was fairly sure he was offside. The lino was up with play and his flag went up immediately, and two locals behind the goal confirmed he was 'definitely offside'. Our players were also sure and the only person who seemed to put up a passionate defence was the scorer's father!

hi all,

i came and watched spelthorne for first time ever and thought the set up down there was great. i had a great day and definantly will be coming again.

just on that disallowed goal, i have to totally disagree with that last comment made, i was in line with the penalty box and the player that scored was definantly behind the ball when it was played across and the lino was 10yds behind play. anyway i thought both teams conducted thereselves well and hope they both have good seasons.

Your such a tease Newby why don't you just admit it you made a mistake and you want to come back home, I've had a word with the powers that be and they would love you back, as the last time we won the league you was a first team squad player who never played and they feel you could be our lucky charm this season Lol!!!!

Lol im not ready for ressers with you yet mate even i wouldnt help your cause in your 9-2 mauling yesterday !

Post on teh Windsor forum about yesterday:

"We do need to be careful with our expectations for the season ahead, and an eye-opener in the first game is no bad thing, but it has to be said that was a bit of a disappointing display today.

South Park looked more organised and confident in possession and it would not have been an injustice if they had come away with a convincing victory, which, with better finishing they would surely have done.

We were obviously not helped with injuries but it was a very disjointed display with little cohesive passing. In fact we looked like a bunch of players who really didn't know each other very well which, I suppose, is exactly what we are right now.

Ryan O'Toole lookes very dangerous and, despite his tendency to hold onto the ball too long, can beat players with ease. I'm sure once he has settled in with a strike partner he will bag, and create, a hatful of goals in this league.

So, undefeated and things will surely get better but, although I don't know much / anything about the other teams in the CCL, I suspect we will be up top with South Park as the season progresses."

Thoughts? Anyone else go?