Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RIOTS!!

While alot of people say put the scum on the front line,I for one am proud of our army,why would we want people fighting for our country who blatantly hate the place??

Agreed - the Armed Forces are certainly not the place for the rioters and nor is the return of national service as a means to 'sort them out' - far better a volunteer than a pressed man and I certainly wouldn't want any of them wearing uniform.

I hear your comments Gluck, but sorry I have to disagree on this one. I know many a young lad who said they could never be changed from being a disgruntled yob. They learn discipline and respect which none of these scumbags have. Yes, they will try to beat the system, but will fail no matter how hard they try. You would be surpised how much these yobs change after National Service, they actually come out decent young men and have a real realism about life in general. I know of many, many cases Gluck trust me !

This country has become an easy touch with this Human Rights thing, easy immigration, easy NHS possibilities.............so are you surprised we have this problem ! As a country we need to start being tougher like we were in the days gone by, when you could leave your front door open without any fear.....remember !

Had to laugh at your last paragraph,'When you could leave your frontdoor open without any fear'Maybe it was because they had Fook All.to steal.

While alot of people say put the scum on the front line,I for one am proud of our army,why would we want people fighting for our country who blatantly hate the place??

Agreed - the Armed Forces are certainly not the place for the rioters and nor is the return of national service as a means to 'sort them out' - far better a volunteer than a pressed man and I certainly wouldn't want any of them wearing uniform.

I hear your comments Gluck, but sorry I have to disagree on this one. I know many a young lad who said they could never be changed from being a disgruntled yob. They learn discipline and respect which none of these scumbags have. Yes, they will try to beat the system, but will fail no matter how hard they try. You would be surpised how much these yobs change after National Service, they actually come out decent young men and have a real realism about life in general. I know of many, many cases Gluck trust me !

This country has become an easy touch with this Human Rights thing, easy immigration, easy NHS possibilities.............so are you surprised we have this problem ! As a country we need to start being tougher like we were in the days gone by, when you could leave your front door open without any fear.....remember !

NG

National Service is not the answer to this problem - the Army (and Navy and RAF) now is a very different organisation to the one when national service existed. The issues that need addressing now are social, cultural, educational, historical, etc, and there are other means and methods to address those. Forcing individuals into a system which is not designed to meet this purpose would be counter-productive and the resources (in terms of personnel, finance and materiel) dedicated to training recruits are better served on those who actually want to be there and to make something of themselves as a stepping stone to other careers or as long-term career in HM Forces.

To top a night of mayhem off I awoke this morning to find they had took advantage of the lack of policing in Purley where I live to kindly remove my catylic converter from my Ford Ranger. Phoned Ford and can expect a bill of 1200 pound. What a frigging joke.

IM AFRAID THATS PIKIES OR TRAVELLERS MATE BEEN DOING LOADS ROUND WHERE I WORK RECENTLY THEY WERE NICKING DIESEL BUT WERE CAUGHT IN THE ACT THE FECKERS

Obviously off work today and just looking at my 5 year old lad playing footy in my garden and wondering what the feck is it gonna be like when he is a teen. We will be in some quiet villge in spain by then hopefully. Its bollox.

i hate the fact my ten year old lives near london in yeading /hayes, believe me i worry myself mate what its gona be like for her generation, it seems to be getting worse every year an ill second your thoughts of moving abroad !!

To top a night of mayhem off I awoke this morning to find they had took advantage of the lack of policing in Purley where I live to kindly remove my catylic converter from my Ford Ranger. Phoned Ford and can expect a bill of 1200 pound. What a frigging joke.

IM AFRAID THATS PIKIES OR TRAVELLERS MATE BEEN DOING LOADS ROUND WHERE I WORK RECENTLY THEY WERE NICKING DIESEL BUT WERE CAUGHT IN THE ACT THE FECKERS

Obviously off work today and just looking at my 5 year old lad playing footy in my garden and wondering what the feck is it gonna be like when he is a teen. We will be in some quiet villge in spain by then hopefully. Its bollox.

i hate the fact my ten year old lives near london in yeading /hayes, believe me i worry myself mate what its gona be like for her generation, it seems to be getting worse every year an ill second your thoughts of moving abroad !!

Newby now where could you be thinking to move too?????????brille008.gif

What I am hoping is that this is all a blessing in disguise,a wake up call to those in power.I live right on the edge of London,4 miles from any signs of rioting but close enough to worry about my daughters future.

Think he means that by all using our computers,maybe some of us have had to stay at home today or had any shops we own done over??

Ah fair enough, well yes I do a job that is internet-based so hence I might appear to be online all day long!

Oh right bomaya. Well I'm just one of those delinquents and currently have nothing better to do with my day then sit online. At least I'm not causing trouble though. You can all breath this isn't forever I will be away on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, then away again for 10 days from next friday, so no jack to wind you up. Then its back to that thing called education to reform my mushed brain, no midday forum for me. :(

Had to laugh at your last paragraph,'When you could leave your front door open without any fear' Maybe it was because they had Fook All.to steal.

Oh dear Smudgeyboy, you completely miss the meaning......... it's okay I understand.........lol !!!

What I am hoping is that this is all a blessing in disguise,a wake up call to those in power.I live right on the edge of London,4 miles from any signs of rioting but close enough to worry about my daughters future.

you have multiples of kids then was a lad earlier ;) ive one on the way in december, by that time it could be london in a war zone worse case of course, im no saint but this is just people jumping on the bandwagon [****!!****] em off back to where they came from an no im not rascist ive worked in southall most of my working years an have alot of ethnic friends who i dont see as a colour.

i did read that this duggan fella was a yardie gangster with the tottenham man dem crew which is apparently why it all started .........well last year anybody remember the violence in jamaica same sorta thing gangster wanted, locals rioted, maybe this is a case of all gangs trying there luck an bandwaggoning all at once

you have multiples of kids then was a lad earlier ;) ive one on the way in december, by that time it could be london in a war zone worse case of course, im no saint but this is just people jumping on the bandwagon [****!!****] em off back to where they came from an no im not rascist ive worked in southall most of my working years an have alot of ethnic friends who i dont see as a colour.

i did read that this duggan fella was a yardie gangster with the tottenham man dem crew which is apparently why it all started .........well last year anybody remember the violence in jamaica same sorta thing gangster wanted, locals rioted, maybe this is a case of all gangs trying there luck an bandwaggoning all at once

Maybe we could become a gang ? FFF ? Forum Freedom Fighters.

NG

National Service is not the answer to this problem - the Army (and Navy and RAF) now is a very different organisation to the one when national service existed. The issues that need addressing now are social, cultural, educational, historical, etc, and there are other means and methods to address those. Forcing individuals into a system which is not designed to meet this purpose would be counter-productive and the resources (in terms of personnel, finance and materiel) dedicated to training recruits are better served on those who actually want to be there and to make something of themselves as a stepping stone to other careers or as long-term career in HM Forces.

Gluck

By the time ones sorts out the social, cultural, educational and historical we wont have any towns left, do you honestly think these yobs care about these !

Please you tell me how you think you could change these mindless individuals ? What by going to class and telling them the wrongs and rights, it won't work entirely, they will nod their head and say yes but it won't make a blind bit of difference. These are horrible thugs and need to be dealt harshly and brought down to earth, no need to be nicey, nicey 'cos they will only abuse the effort everyone puts in to make them change. Yes, you may get the odd few, hence films like LEAN ON ME, STAND & DELIVER but then you have the film 187. COACH CARTER may I add was disciplined in making individuals change.

To be honest, parents must take some responsibility I'm sorry to say.

National Service was not counter productive, lets look at figures for murder, robbery, theft...........etc. compared to now !

At the end of the day, you have your way of sorting these thugs out which will be in the enviroment where they can still cause trouble.

National Service they are away from civil activity in their barrocks to learn a lesson, then us folks can feel safer in our society.

Another way is do what the Arabs do. Those caught throwing petrol bombs, stones and thieving....... simple cut of their hand, that would put a stop to this problem and make them think again.............!

Edited by NICE GUY

My work closed at 1pm today by policing expecting a repeat performance in croydon tonight!!!