Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

yaoow

Can you speak English and not Black Country!

Did Ampthill claim more than £402?

I understand that it was close to that figure which I'm sure even Manchester City or Chelsea would have queried let alone a Club like Basildon United who has to watch every penny

They shouldn't enter the Vase then! They knew the rules. And are you saying that Ampthill didn't claim their full entitlement?

Oh, and it goes something like this, as you would know as a former club secretary:

Gate Receipts ,

less:

Match Officials' Fees and Expenses

Visitors Travel

Home club's legitimate expenses in staging the game, including floodlights, gatemen, advertising

If a nett loss, it is shared between the clubs. As there would certainly have been a loss in this case, Ampthill would have had to deduct their share of the loss from their coach expenses. But you know that don't you.

Edited by Horace

They shouldn't enter the Vase then! They knew the rules. And are you saying that Ampthill didn't claim their full entitlement?

Oh, and it goes something like this, as you would know as a former club secretary:

Gate Receipts ,

less:

Match Officials' Fees and Expenses

Visitors Travel

Home club's legitimate expenses in staging the game, including floodlights, gatemen, advertising

If a nett loss, it is shared between the clubs. As there would certainly have been a loss in this case, Ampthill would have had to deduct their share of the loss from their coach expenses. But you know that don't you.

Any knowledgeable club secretary would know that but then again one has to make allowances to people like Rhodes who most likely held the title in name only and was never involved in such important matters

yaoow

I was actually quoting a Harry Enfield character who is Geordie I tried to spell it phonetically lol........NB is the black country not part of England then?

I reckon deep down Rhodes is gutted we've got as far as we have, rarely has a good word to say I stead always trying to pick bones in a teams success.

Well even if we got mullered in the next round, to be one of only 2 SSML sides left in is a victory on its own.

Can read you like a book Rhodes, nice to see you've come out second best again

I reckon deep down Rhodes is gutted we've got as far as we have

Ref Off Ref - Not at all, I'm over the moon that Ampthill Town are doing so well in the prestigious competition, the only issue I have is that you're really Padbury United in disguise and you have no real affinity with Ampthill Town Football Club, you, Craig Bicknell, Steve Tucker, Mr Angry and the players you brought in don't bleed yellow and blue do you

You're right WB....and when I said us I spoke for a majority of SSML teams he likes nothing better to do than s**g off.

He's jealous of Ampthills success to date, as he was of Padbury last year and anything KTFC or HBFC achieve to name but a few.

Clubless and clueless.....not a bad CV

You're right WB....and when I said us I spoke for a majority of SSML teams he likes nothing better to do than s**g off.

He's jealous of Ampthills success to date, as he was of Padbury last year and anything KTFC or HBFC achieve to name but a few.

looks like i may have pulled off a great sighning today mate pen to paper thursday fingers crossed :D

I reckon deep down Rhodes is gutted we've got as far as we have

Ref Off Ref - Not at all, I'm over the moon that Ampthill Town are doing so well in the prestigious competition, the only issue I have is that you're really Padbury United in disguise and you have no real affinity with Ampthill Town

Football Club, you, Craig Bicknell, Steve Tucker, Mr Angry and the players you brought in don't bleed yellow and blue do you

Lol your a funny guy Rhodes...yea we do actually..padburys kit was yellow!!!!!! And I suppose you could say that we don't really bleed yellow because alot of us were pbmk players playing for craig before we played for padbury so maybe we really bleed black & red...who knows...what do u think Rhodes????? :)

And looks like CB has pulled off a great signing as he says Rhodes, told you from the money earnt from the cup run he'd go out and get Messi, LOL it's probably a card board cut out of yourself, yep MESSY.....oh well it'll look good on the team sheet I suppose

And finally Rhodes....as from time to time you love pitching the lyrics from songs that sum people up perhaps you can write down one of you all time classics from Roxy Music, would sum you up to a tee.....JEALOUS GUY I believe it's titled.

Bonjour

looks like i may have pulled off a great sighning today mate pen to paper thursday fingers crossed :D

I expect that's Jim Carmichael from Berko with his brother Simon going to Cranfield?

yaoow

I was actually quoting a Harry Enfield character who is Geordie I tried to spell it phonetically lol........NB is the black country not part of England then?

Winslow - Sorry to say that Rhodes is closer to the mark on this one. Stan and Pam Herbert of "considerably richer than yow" fame were definitely characters originating from the West Midlands!!

He's jealous of Ampthills success to date

Ref Off Ref - Why on earth would I be jealous, I was Ampthill Town's biggest fan before 'the Padbury United takeover' and still hold the Club in high regard however despite the success on the field of play this season it somehow doesn't seem to be the same friendly Community Club. I think that's basically what Carl The Truth Williams was trying to get across in his earlier posts as I'm sure he lives in the town and has been going to Ampthill Park for donkeys years.

He's jealous of Ampthills success to date

Ref Off Ref - Why on earth would I be jealous, I

was Ampthill Town's biggest fan before 'the Padbury United takeover' and still hold the Club in high regard however despite the success on the field of play this season it somehow doesn't seem to be the same friendly Community Club. I

think that's basically what Carl The Truth Williams was trying to get across in his earlier posts as I'm sure he lives in the town and has been going to Ampthill Park for donkeys years.

Some people simply don't like change Rhodes & yea, there probably is/was people involved with the club that wasn't happy with the padbury/Ampthill merge or 'takeover' as you you reckon but that's life..I think you'll find the majority of the club are buzzing on & off the pitch...if you speak to the chairman down to the tea ladies..everyone is happy...everyone that matters anyway!!! Them that matter,matter...them that don't,don't!!! Oh & judging by Carl the truth williams' last post..maybe he's coming round...:) As-long as the team are winning & the vibe is good..us as players & I'm pretty sure I can speak for the management team on this one aswell..we really couldn't give a rats [****!!****] what people think..& that's being honest mate!!

Rhodes your always drooling over Royston and Atfield but until him and a load of players from another side in the area (Butingford I think) moved over including Hammond (who they bought!!) they were struggling badly. The manager players went there because a structure and budget were put in place to allow them to push on but if they in your words bled the clubs colours why weren't they there before?(ps I have no doubt they do now) I'm not having a pop at Royston just making a point, Royston are a terrific club and a southern league club in waiting and theyve gone about their business brilliantly. How different is this to what's happened at Ampthill in terms of a new set of players and management who were well aquainted before moving on. When Kings Langley manager left few seasons back the bulk of that side pitched up at Leverstock. Thoughts Rhodes.....or maybe you should just actually congratulate sides who do well and keep your slander, mud slinging and bull$hit "facts" to yourself. I'm sure constructive critiscm and debate are always welcome if you can actually manage it!

Edited by Winslow Boy