Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

Ref Off Ref - I expect now your lad is back in the team you will religiously go to every game he plays in for the remainder of the season whereas previously I got the impression you tended to look for excuses not to go to games, anyway he will expect you to drive him everywhere won't he as is the norm for pampered young players these days

I see from another's Forum that Oadby Town won yesterday, I wonder if Craig Bicknell sent 'a spy' to Barrow Town:

East Midlands Counties League

Barrow Town 0-2 Oadby Town

Attendance: 170

Admission: £2 Programme as part of admission (38pg, very good standard)

Burger £2, Bovril 80p

I managed to somehow survive the "Frost lottery", Barrow kindly tweeted the game was definitely on as I was on the train from Nottingham, having tweeted back that they were optimistic when I was asked (brilliant organisational skills there!). Riverside Park is quite open to the elements bar a small covered terrace and 50-seater stand on the far side. How close the game was to losing in the frost lottery was the fact that we had players from 1/2 a mile South from Quorn, whose game was called off last minute. Good quality football at a ground and club that could go far.

Ref Off Ref - James Bond you mean. Does Craig have the team in his mind yet who will start on Saturday, will he use the Reserve game on Wednesday against Harpenden as a training session in order to dot i's and cross t's

Sounds like its going to be a great game with a massive crowd bring it in on come on amp thill town.

Oadby Town's attendance for the Tipton Town tie in the last round was 168 so when you say 'a massive crowd' what sort of figure are you talking about, I'll be surprised if it reaches 250

Ref Off Ref - James Bond you mean. Does Craig have the team in his mind yet who will start on Saturday, will he use the Reserve game on Wednesday against Harpenden as a training session in order to dot i's and cross t's

I hope not, the risk of first teamers getting injured would be too high. A gentle training session will be a lot better use of time, working on a few new set pieces & going over what they've learnt from watching their opposition.

I wouldn't be surprised or blame them if Royston rested a few key players for their midweek Premier Division cup match keeping them fresh for the weekend either

I wouldn't be surprised or blame them if Royston rested a few key players for their midweek Premier Division cup match keeping them fresh for the weekend either

I'm surprised Royston didn't ask the League for a postponement of Tuesday's Premier Division Cup tie against Hertford Town, they would have probably been granted it

They let us call of our res game Saturday so they could all come and support the first team

Is that why the attendance was 'a massive' 20 at Reynolds Field then, perhaps they all went to the Copthall Stadium by mistake

You t**t Rhodes, reserve game called off this coming week so the boys can watch the Vase game.

So what's your prediction then, how many would you like us to lose by, a good 6-0 hammering say, or how about 1-0 to a last minute own goal, please don't insult us by saying you'd like nothing more than to see us progress as you have a soft spot for Ampthill coz no one will believe you....how about we lose and Kentish Town lose their ground, be a perfect weekend for you that eh.

SSML's number 1 supporter you'll always be....NOT

You t**t Rhodes, reserve game called off this coming week so the boys can watch the Vase game.

So what's your prediction then, how many would you like us to lose by, a good 6-0 hammering say, or how about 1-0 to a last minute own goal, please don't insult us by saying you'd like nothing more than to see us progress as you have a soft spot for Ampthill coz no one will believe you....how about we lose and Kentish Town lose their ground, be a perfect weekend for you that eh.

SSML's number 1 supporter you'll always be....NOT

Well your Reserve game against Harpenden Town was called off on Saturday wasn’t it so obviously I thought Craig meant that.

As for the eagerly awaited FA Vase tie at Oadby Town, like I said before, it will either be an Arbroath v Bon Accord or Ampthill will win 1-0 with the last kick of the game, I expect from a financial perspective a draw would be nice for the Club.

Sounds like its going to be a great game with a massive crowd bring it in on come on amp thill town.

Oadby Town's attendance for the Tipton Town tie in the last round was 168 so when you say 'a massive crowd' what sort of figure are you talking about, I'll be surprised if it reaches 250

I'll bet with you that it's more than 250. We are taking up to 100, according to the radio interview with their manager they are averaging 150 -200 for a normal game, the fact that it's a big game for both teams and with the added bonus of Leicester City not playing ( so i'm told) i bet there will be 350-400 maybe more.

Former No.9 - Well lets wait and see as it's a difficult one to call however I really can't see the attendance being over 400 as you are suggesting it might be or what difference it makes that Leicester aren't at home

I'll bet with you that it's more than 250. We are taking up to 100, according to the radio interview with their manager they are averaging 150 -200 for a normal game, the fact that it's a big game for both teams and with the added bonus of Leicester City not playing ( so i'm told) i bet there will be 350-400 maybe more.

Don't bite mate. Anything over double figures Rhides isnt qualified to talk about. It'll be a great day with a big crowd I have no doubt.

I see that the charge on Saturday is not over the top by any means so fair play to Oadby Town for not milking the game for all it's worth, £5 for adults and just £1 for children. Just incase I can get there what is the nearest station to the ground by rail:

http://www.oadbypeople.co.uk/event/OADBY-TOWN-FC-V-AMPTHILL-TOWN-FC-FA-VASE-FOURTH/event-14429320-detail/event.html

I see that the charge on Saturday is not over the top by any means so fair play to Oadby Town for not milking the game for all it's worth, £5 for adults and just £1 for children. Just incase I can get there what is the nearest station to the ground by rail:

http://www.oadbypeop...tail/event.html

South Wigston.

South Wigston

Thanks, you're very knowledgable, where would I change trains if I go as that's not on the main St Pancras line is it