Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

Oadby won 2-1 last night so next round, Oadby v Ampthill

Yes, it was somewhat of a turn up last night, Keeps must be annoyed. Oadby are sixth in the East Midland Counties League having played the least number of games and lost only two, one at home to table toppers Heanor Town, and conceded the least number of goals in the division so it's not looking too hopeful for Ampthill.

Yay! Heanor Town .. my home town club. First game I watched was FA Cup 1st Round in 1958.. Heanor Town 2 Carlisle United 5, att 6,288

I don't think thy are kicking people off the park or using "bulky boy" tactics

No room for me or you then.....

Hahahaha brilliant that made coffee come out my nose! Actually I've lost a bit of timber preparing for a fight in new year hopefully

Yes, it was somewhat of a turn up last night, Keeps must be annoyed. Oadby are sixth in the East Midland Counties League having played the least number of games and lost only two, one at home to table toppers Heanor Town, and conceded the least number of goals in the division so it's not looking too hopeful for Ampthill.

Yay! Heanor Town .. my home town club. First game I watched was FA Cup 1st Round in 1958.. Heanor Town 2 Carlisle United 5, att 6,288

That is awesome

Yes, it was somewhat of a turn up last night, Keeps must be annoyed. Oadby are sixth in the East Midland Counties League having played the least number of games and lost only two, one at home to table toppers Heanor Town, and conceded the least number of goals in the

division so it's not looking too hopeful for Ampthill.

We also have only lost once with a very good defensive record so were not really bothered about anyone else except ourselves Rhodes...& we couldn't give a [censored] what players they've got...if they were that good they'd still be playing for Leicester etc...:)

We also have only lost once

I thought it was twice in the League to Cranfield United and Crawley Green

Hahahaha brilliant that made coffee come out my nose! Actually I've lost a bit of timber preparing for a fight in new year hopefully

That is awesome

It was! Heanor still play on the same 3 sided (cricket) ground and if you saw it today, you would never believe that it ever accommodated six thousand people! They hired some temporary stands from Derbyshire County Cricket Club and what with the cost of them and Carlisle's overnight hotel bill, they actually lost money! (no sponsorship money in those days).

Derbyshire used to play Sunday League cricket there too, and I've seem Ian Botham hit a stack of sixes into the streets surrounding the ground, which wasn't big enough really.

That is awesome

It was! Heanor still play on the same 3 sided (cricket) ground and if you saw it today, you would never believe that it ever accommodated six thousand people! They hired some temporary stands from Derbyshire County Cricket Club and what with the cost of them and Carlisle's overnight hotel bill, they actually lost money! (no sponsorship money in those days).

Derbyshire used to play Sunday League cricket there too, and I've seem Ian Botham hit a stack of sixes into the streets surrounding the ground, which wasn't big enough really.

We've done that before hiring in stands, I think from Northampton when we played them a crowd of over 1000, we gave their first team a run that day early mid eighties, and against Aylesbury United in B&B again similar crowd and also against Spurs with Perryman and Hodge a crowd of 1500, do teams do that now hire in temporary stands?

do teams do that now hire in temporary stands?

Think so - Chasetown did for their FA Cup tie with Port Vale a few years back, as they were in place when we visited their ground a week or so before the big day.

Yeah - there was only one permanent stand there before they moved there.

It's all gone now - British Rail have built their national HQ on top of it!!!

Yeah saw that last time I was back, I had said to a mate we should break in and have a kick about but was faced with a building site lol. We used to train there when I was at Winslow sometimes back when it was astro

Buntingford lost the Herts County Prem title the year before Attfield left with all the players, because they played hammond whilst he was under contract with the club Royston signed him from later. They were relegated the following season I believe as well

Winslow Boy – Buntingford Town could do no wrong between 2005 and 2008

I think playing Craig Hammond whilst he was under contract at Mildenhall costing them the Herts County Prem title was something wrong.

The Dons had temporary stands when playing at the National Hockey Stadium.

Did they? Didn't think that would be allowed in league football

They had 2 permanent stands in either side of pitch, one with a roof and one without. They then had 2 temporary stands put up behind the goals and then added a roof for the home end after the first season I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some decent shots of Oadby Town's ground, it looks pretty basic:

http://tims92.blogspot.com/2011/03/oadby-town-topps-park-ground-no.html