Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

Half the problem too WB is that within his criticism of clubs he's never in fact probably seen them play.

From a personal experience I know he never once watched Padbury last season and to date Ampthill this....let alone who else he slates on here too.

Think this awaits to being jealous, bitter, sad and lonely.....oh and clubless and clueless.

Rhodes your always drooling over Royston and Atfield but until him and a load of players from another side in the area (Butingford I think) moved over including Hammond (who they bought!!) they were struggling badly. The manager players went there because a structure and budget were put in place to allow them to push on but if they in your words bled the clubs colours why weren't they there before?(ps I have no doubt they do now) I'm not having a pop at Royston just making a point, Royston are a terrific club and a southern league club in waiting and theyve gone about their business brilliantly. How different is this to what's happened at Ampthill in terms of a new set of players and management who were well aquainted before moving on. When Kings Langley manager left few seasons back the bulk of that side pitched up at Leverstock. Thoughts Rhodes.....or maybe you should just actually congratulate sides who do well and keep your slander, mud slinging and bull$hit "facts" to yourself. I'm sure constructive critiscm and debate are always welcome if you can actually manage it!

ha ha well said fu/king top draw :D

RoR bang on, if he got out to games and met those involved and saw how passionate and hard working people are at their clubs he might just surprise himself. It easy to sit back and throw $hit about.....and as I said no one minds constructive critiscm or debate that's what forums are best at in my opinion an exchange of ideas, thoughts and opinions that everyone is entitled to and we don't always agree on but at least we can respect someone if they take the time to form and INFORMED opinion........heaven forbid Rhodes ever gets Jury service lol.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Rhodes your always drooling over Royston and Atfield but until him and a load of players from another side in the area (Butingford I think) moved over including Hammond (who they bought!!) they were struggling badly. The manager players went there because a structure and budget were put in place to allow them to push on but if they in your words bled the clubs colours why weren't they there before?(ps I have no doubt they do now) I'm not having a pop at Royston just making a point, Royston are a terrific club and a southern league club in waiting and theyve gone about their business brilliantly. How different is this to what's happened at Ampthill in terms of a new set of players and management who were well aquainted before moving on. When Kings Langley manager left few seasons back the bulk of that side pitched up at Leverstock. Thoughts Rhodes.....or maybe you should just actually congratulate sides who do well and keep your slander, mud slinging and bull$hit "facts" to yourself. I'm sure constructive critiscm and debate are always welcome if you can actually manage it!

Winslow Boy – You make some valid points however some Club’s don’t have a win at all costs mentality and the old saying ‘it’s not about the winning but the taking part’ applies which I believe was the case at Ampthill Town before the so called takeover this season. You may find that the good people of leafy Ampthill don’t particularly want Premier Division football and just want to turn up at 2.55 on a Saturday afternoon to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Anyway, as you say, Royston Town are a great example of how Club’s should be run from top to bottom, that’s what was so frustrating when I was with Haringey Borough and Kentish Town as I tried to apply and implement all those good practice principles so the Club’s could progress and gain Charter Mark status but the hierarchy just weren’t interested which was so frustrating.

Some valid points Rhodes.

You BELIEVE the good people of Ampthill don't want Prem football, in other words you don't actually know for sure, you're assuming in other words?

And as for your involvement with KTFC and HBFC, the hierarchy not taking on board all your good ideas....perhaps they got wind you talk constant dribble, don't attend games and just assume???

I'm right aren't I, tell me I'm spot on Cliff???

Didn't know the Prem kicked off at a different time to other divisions though, I mean if the mentioned leave their house at 2.55 God only Knows what time they'd have to leave to watch Prem football.

Good point again Rhodes, take it you have this info on good authority from a reliable source???

Rhodes leaves the house at 2.55pm on Saturdays to see a game, returns at 2.56pm assuming what the game would have been like. 2.57pm makes cocoa. 2.58pm logs onto Fans Focus. 2.59pm slags off home team for not having programme of OK and Hello magazine proportions. 3.00pm settles down to dunking biscuit in cocoa.

Rhodes a sensible and reasonably engaging post, thank you. The only way to know would be visit Ampthill I'm sure you would be very welcome and I mean that seriously, I am pretty sure their attendances are up, I'm not sure what you mean by win at all costs? By all accounts the football is good and the discipline which I think CB would admit has been a problem in the past looks well in hand so I don't think thy are kicking people off the park or using "bulky boy" tactics far from it, I know a good number of their players having played against them over the years and watched and try are good quality players who are aggressive with it in the right way. I think your opinion has been tainted by some things in the past and perhaps you should head down to see if your mind could be changed? Don't watch us right now we are struggling with injuries and I could do without you taking the pi$$ but once at full strength we will be a match for most in div 1 and a good many in the prem on our day so an epic run is needed big time, jan is a massive month for us

Rhodes leaves the house at 2.55pm on Saturdays to see a game, returns at 2.56pm assuming what the game would have been like. 2.57pm makes cocoa. 2.58pm logs onto Fans Focus. 2.59pm slags off home team for not having programme of OK and Hello magazine proportions. 3.00pm settles down to dunking biscuit in cocoa.

You missed out what route he would take and what mode of transport he used.

Some valid points Rhodes.

You BELIEVE the good people of Ampthill don't want Prem football, in other words you don't actually know for sure, you're assuming in other words?

And as for your involvement with KTFC and HBFC, the hierarchy not taking on board all your good ideas....perhaps they got wind you talk constant dribble, don't attend games and just assume???

I'm right aren't I, tell me I'm spot on Cliff???

Would this explain why, if true, both Clubs expelled Rhodes?

You missed out what route he would take and what mode of transport he used.

Sorry, didn't like to assume.

For the 2nd round FA Vase tie Ampthill sent flyers round to the local schools inviting kids to come along and watch the game for free.

If that's not being a "community club" then I don't know what is.

In doing that No.4 don't you think it created to the atmosphere, the place was buzzing.

Rhodes unfortunately is only used to sell out crowds totalling no more than 4 as was the case when he was Lord of the Tik Tok Manor.

Rhodes unfortunately is only used to sell out crowds totalling no more than 4 as was the case when he was Lord of the Tik Tok Manor.

I see the fans are flocking back in their droves now Rhodes is no longer involved at Tik Tok - double figures thesedays.

He's jealous of Ampthills success to date

Ref Off Ref - Why on earth would I be jealous, I was Ampthill Town's biggest fan before 'the Padbury United takeover' and still hold the Club in high regard however despite the success on the field of play this season it somehow doesn't seem to be the same friendly Community Club. I think that's basically what Carl The Truth Williams was trying to get across in his earlier posts as I'm sure he lives in the town and has been going to Ampthill Park for donkeys years.

Rhodes, i also live in Ampthill and have done for many years. I can confirm that the club is exactly the same as when i played,the only difference between now and the last few seasons,it seems like we will quite possibly win some recognition this season..I suspect Carl the truth Williams has a hidden agenda,and may have had his nose pushed out in some way, i have my suspicians as to who he really is,if it's him he has not been involved in football until fairly recently,so it's best that you don't listen to him.

For the 2nd round FA Vase tie Ampthill sent flyers round to the local schools inviting kids to come along and watch the game for free

How many kids from local schools attended the game out of interest

Rhodes your always drooling over Royston and Atfield but until him and a load of players from another side in the area (Butingford I think) moved over including Hammond (who they bought!!) they were struggling badly.

Buntingford lost the Herts County Premtitle the year before Attfield left with all the players, because they played hammond whilst he was under contract with the club Royston signed him from later. They were relegated the following season I believe as well.

Let's be honest Rhodes only comments on Ampthill because they have people coming on the forum to bait.

I'm sure that's part of it mate, but it's an odd mentality I could understand if he was affiliated with a rival club. I didn't know that about Butingford.