Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clarification!!!!!

Rumoured on another Forum,that Dorking Wanderers who are in a promotion place in Sussex 2,would be keen to join the C.C.L.Premier if promoted.Can they do this?If no Club was demoted from Step 4 there would be an extra space.If no Club was moved into the League by the F.A.there would be an extra space.Surely they would not take preference over the team finishing 3rd in C.C.L.1 Div 1.

The rules are different around promotion from Step 6 to Step 5 compared to higher up...

When promoted from Step 5 or a higher step, clubs are "pooled" alongside the relegated/reformed clubs going into that level of football and then placed into the most geographically appropriate division (in The FA's view) which is why the CCL Champions are as likely to go into the Southern League as the Isthmian.

However, as far as I know, that doesn't apply at Step 6 - promotions are usually within League. The only way around that is if The FA League's Committee decide that a club should be moved from one league to another, as happened with South Kilburn.

The "year's grace" on ground grading is a red herring, as it only applies from Step 4 upwards. In order to play at Step 5, clubs have to have a Category F ground before being promoted (ie, by 31st March in their promotion season). It is for this reason that, had Bedfont Sports finished third in Division One last season, they would not have been promoted - work was still ongoing there that has now been completed.

In order to then be promoted out of Step 5, any club would need to be at Category E by 31st March of the season in which they wished to go up again and then (and only then) would they get a year's grace to jump from Category E to Category D although in practice, even the ground grading document suggests it would be cheaper to skip E altogether and move from F to D.

Therefore, I would suggest that the only way Dorking Wanderers would be playing CCL football next season would be if The FA said so and their ground was deemed suitable.

Edited by Beano

I got my wires crossed a bit last night, so it's only fair to point out that Smudge is right and a club can promoted with a Grade G ground and then make further improvements to obtain Grade F.

However, the main point - about clubs being promoted within their Leagues rather than into a different league - remains valid, at least for the time being, although this will probably change if and when the FA restructure of Step 5 goes through.

I got my wires crossed a bit last night, so it's only fair to point out that Smudge is right and a club can promoted with a Grade G ground and then make further improvements to obtain Grade F.

However, the main point - about clubs being promoted within their Leagues rather than into a different league - remains valid, at least for the time being, although this will probably change if and when the FA restructure of Step 5 goes through.

Does anyone know where Dorking Wanderers play and and do they have lights etc.

They play at Westhumble Playing Fields and (with thanks to VP for post on another forum) their lights were up & running by 31st March.

http://www.nonleague...65130987#379968

Edited by Green_Fingers

Intereting photos. Couldnt see a stand ? Does the pitch have hard standing on 3 sides ? Do they not need covered terracing ?

Over to VP and his goonies :)

It's a very basic ground, but improving all the while. Krooner you played there many years ago for Epsom & Ewell Supporters!

It's directly off the A24 Northbound halfway between Dorking and Leatherhead. They have just erected lights in the last week or two and the local papers are reporting that they have achieved a sufficient grading to earn promotion, although I don't know who told them.

Why it is that they would want to move out of Sussex at this point is hard to say, as they could have transferred over to Division One this season, and of course things are likely to all move around next year anyway, but if it is true, then they will at least have two friendly local derbies with Dorking next season to look forward to!

It's a very basic ground, but improving all the while. Krooner you played there many years ago for Epsom & Ewell Supporters!

It's directly off the A24 Northbound halfway between Dorking and Leatherhead. They have just erected lights in the last week or two and the local papers are reporting that they have achieved a sufficient grading to earn promotion, although I don't know who told them.

Why it is that they would want to move out of Sussex at this point is hard to say, as they could have transferred over to Division One this season, and of course things are likely to all move around next year anyway, but if it is true, then they will at least have two friendly local derbies with Dorking next season to look forward to!

They are in Surrey!

Westhumble. Just off the A.24, north-bound, some 500 yards from the Burford Bridge round-about. a mile north of Dorking.

Lights agreed for training purposes only, as my spies at the Bottle-Bank tell me.

The ground is basic but has a lovely view of Box Hill from one side for supporters. :)

............ and I thought the idea was to watch the football.

Here's a view of the ground taken from Box Hill the other day - not great quality as taken on the phone camera, but gives an idea of it's proximity to the A24.

Blimey - You do get about !

Pictures of the Denbies vineyard and the Burford Bridge Hotel, (haunt of Horatio Nelson) next, no doubt !