Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's BSB South Game

Lord Upminster

Just been on the Eastbourne site, see that match was postponed after pitch inspection at 6.30pm, guess that won't have pleased the Borough, can't blame them.

Hope they won't take out their ire on us on Saturday, or even reciprocate as BBC weather forecast just now said chance of snow on Friday in the southeast

Saying that the Eastbourne fans are not happy is being diplomatic,

Taken from their forum

"So why was the game passed earlier, I wonder, We tonight were Billericays first opponents at home since New Years Day, 8/12/12 was the one previous to that, so in my opinion and the opinion of a number of people including Billericay supporters the revenue was needed for there cash flow (IE players wages etc). Now in the current climate I can see why clubs may need to get revenue in especially during a period of not many home games but this is categorically not the way to do it. whoever inspected the pitch at 2.00 needs seriously questioning as to whether they have the know how to observe a playable pitch or not. In my opinion from now in won't take a lot of rain to call there home fixture on Saturday off.

So I have returned home very disappointed that someone somewhere has robbed me of my time and the money it cost me to get there when there was no chance of a game on that pitch tonight."

Edited by Lord Upminster

If you're told the game is on at 2pm, make the effort to turn up on a weekday and then get told the game is off when you get there, then that would be frustrating.

Must be frustrating for Billericay as well as it must affect cashflow. Anyone know the weather forecast for the w/e?

Might meet ourselves coming back

The weather needs to play its part tonight if the game against Eastbourne is to go ahead on Saturday

Taken from the Eastbourne fans forum earlier on today:

“Pitch inspection a certainty I would wager. Needs this rain to stop NOW and a brisk drying wind in order to get the go-ahead.

Another Saturday without live football..........aye, possibly!”