Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 4th to 7th March

Correction

FT. Hanwell Town U18s 1 Sun Postal Sports U18s 2

That's a bad mistake to make!

Thursday 7th March

PREMIER DIVISION

3-2 Haringey Borough v St Margaretsbury

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

1-3 Kings Langley Reserves v London Lions Reserves

5-2 St Margaretsbury Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

Not surprised st mags lost last night after a tough game on Tuesday night. Not really fair of the league having them play saturday,Tuesday, Thursday and again Saturday.

The fixture list really needs looking at you can't really think its ok to play 4 games in 7 days.

No season starts out with any thoughts of fixture congestion, but weather will always have a major say along with a club's success in cup competitions along with entry into meaningless competitions (the SM Floodlit Cup) - a competition that was introduced to bring midweek games for clubs progressing with the installation of floodlights but now has seen entry numbers dwindling fast.

Haringey Borough won 3-2

Were you in attendance then

PREMIER DIVISION

3-2 Haringey Borough v St Margaretsbury

A report from another Forum. I can’t see there being another game at Coles Park for a few weeks at least:

Haringey Boro 3-2 St Margaretsbury

Admission £5 inc Programme

Bottle of beer £2.70

HC 19

What an exciting game best I've seen for a while. Boro took a 3 goal lead in first half thanks to 2 mistakes by the keeper and an even dodgier pen than I saw at Barkingside a few Mondays ago. Saints pulled a goal back after the restart then Boro were reduced to 10 after a 10 yard sliding tackle in the rain. Couple of things to note they have finally finished the building of the new clubhouse and the pitch there must be the Bacup of the south it wasn't exactly raining heavy all day in London but I think if it wasn't for both Haringey teams having so many games in hand I don't think this match would of been on.

Played for our ressies v AFC Dunstable last night. One of the best all round team performances I've seen from the ressies in a while! Made it comfortable for me :)

Yes

In what capacity out of interest

Wednesday 6th March

1-1* Crawley Green v Codicote (Codicote won 4-1 on pens)

A report on this one from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS CHALLENGE TROPHY

Crawley Green 1-1 Codicote (AET - Codicote win 4-1 on penalties)

Admission & doorstop £5.00 3x filled rolls £3.00 2x coffee £1.20

Changed original plan of AFC Dunstable when I saw this was on, giving me an opportunity to ask about the CG player who was injured last week. Broken fibula, dislocated ankle, two ambulances required as the first one had morphine/gas problems. Thankfully, he's now out of hospital and recuperating at home.

Despite taking an early lead, his team mates have yet to master the art of completing cup games within the standard 90 minutes - this being the third out of three that's gone to extra time and the second that went to penalties. Not surprisingly, the gaggle of CG officials were getting a bit twitchy and clearly sending signals to the players whose penalties were so abject, even I could've saved them – blindfolded.

I bet you were as thick as thieves with your compatriots weren't you!

Meanwhile PTG will never be as thick as Rhodesy.

Top people at Haringey Borough FC in my opinion.