Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weekend games - 5th / 6th / 7th April

Amazing scenes at Horley v Windsor.

Cricket umpire Ian Gould's son George, who has been a bit of a makeshift centre forward for the last 3 months since Ben Harris was ruled out for the 2nd half of the season (it's really not his position but he's bagged a decent tally of goals nonetheless) had to play between the stick for the 1st time since he was 11 years old as injury kept Rob Bullivant out.

Ian Gould himself, England ODI 'keeper in years gone by, did play Youth Football as keeper for Arsenal (until 17 yo when he stopped growing) so young George has a pedigree but it seemed a big ask.

George was very safe, made a decent save early on which must have given him confidence but Windsor conceded midway through the 1st half. Looking the more likely team to score in the 2nd half it seemed Windsor just would not convert however gilt edged the opportunity.

Then with about 5 mins left we get a corner. Gould sprints up (we think, bloody hell it's a bit early for that) and meets the corner sweetly on his nut to equalise!! The 15 Windsor fans go nuts, and the 30 from Horley shuffle off quietly.

Great fun.

well done Cove. We did look tired and they exploited that well. perhaps we should have changed a few more players or had a couple more options on the bench. Still up for grabs though. Tomorrow is another game

Edited by Green Lion

well done Cove. We did look tired and they exploited that well. perhaps we should have changed a few more players or had a couple more options on the bench. Still up for grabs though. Tomorrow is another game

Agree with this. What's the point in signing on 7 players if you only have 1 as an unused substitute?

We looked tired and were quite poor really. A fair result tonight.

This fixture schedule has took its toll on Egham too. I'm just glad the Sarnies won today and got back to winning ways.....without signing a load of players.

And how many of the new signings played last night?

How do work that out, the problem is your all blinded and stuck up there backside.

And actually I haven't always slagged them off I've wished them luck in the Vase on many occasions I feel in my opinion they think there are better people than mainlanders.