Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weds/Thur/Fri Matches

Hassan Al-Haddad was injured in a tackle with Egham's Tim Pitt. Luke Muldowney put us 1-0 up in, I think, 80 minutes. Then we made a daft mistake in midfield and Cove got a corner from which Liam Eagle got his head on a cross and we had just enough time for one last attack.

The ref P Bain was an absolute joke, a disgrace to the ref's badge. The lino on the dugout side could not believe the decisions Mr Bain was making.

We hope that Hassan gets well soon.

Edited by tempestward

LATEST NEWS........Friday 12th April 2013 - 9.17am

Tonight's home game against Croydon has been postponed as the pitch is waterlogged.

The game now looks set to be played on Monday 29th April.

Chertsey Vs Spelthorne in extra-time. Believe Spelthorne just gone 2-1 up

Was this the final score? If so, what a great achievement from a CCL Div. 1 club overcoming a Southern League Div 1 who are 2 divisions higher......well done Spelthorne Sports ! If this was final score I'd imagine Johnno wont be happy ;) !!!

Anyone go to watch the game ?

I played until I got injured, and firstly what an awful pitch down at chertsey. With the debacle sorrounding Eversley not given the ground status to go up you go to a club two steps higher and play on a pitch that is awful. The powers that be should bring in a pitch maintenance rule with the ground gradings.

Anyway on the game chertsey started better, and went one up early doors. They seemed eager to try and put the game to bed early on. However as the game went on Spelly worked their way into it. The second half was dominated by Spelthorne an we deserved to win it in the 90 from my point of view. Chertsey seemed to be blowing after 60 minutes and Spelly were dominating.

Into extra time and the story didn't change. Spelthorne pressed and got another good goal. It was only then that chertsey decided to try and do something but they couldn't penetrate the stout Spelthorne defence.

Was an incredible result considering Spelly made 6 changes and from what I read on twitter this was chertseys best 11.

One sour note was when limping around the pitch after getting injured and unable to carry on after 40 minutes a blonde lady behind the Spelly goal said "that'll teach you for being a dirty c*nt". To which I asked her who she was talking to, and stammering she replied "I was talking to my dad", which made no sense. I later found out this was the managers wife. Whether that is true or not I don't know, but she was shouting abuse the whole game, and our keeper did well to ignore it all.

Lastly several of the chertsey players walked straight off the pitch and didn't shake hands at the end, despite their keeper shouting at them to be sportsman and shake.

Still the sandwiches were nice and the hospitality on the bar after superb.

As I had to go to hospital before the end of the 90 I didn't see extra time. We were missing one or two players but it was as strong as we could get for the night. Though we should have had the game out of sight in the first half with the chances we had but credit to spelthorne who dominated the second half and the equaliser was a worldy! Apparently the winner was too but didn't see it. Spelthorne are a good side and surprised they aren't higher up div 1. Good luck in the final

Edited by Brunty.

As I had to go to hospital before the end of the 90 I didn't see extra time. We were missing one or two players but it was as strong as we could get for the night. Though we should have had the game out of sight in the first half with the chances we had but credit to spelthorne who dominated the second half and the equaliser was a worldy! Apparently the winner was too but didn't see it. Spelthorne are a good side and surprised they aren't higher up div 1. Good luck in the final

Hope you're ok now? Was it your neck or back?

Yeh our keeper made a few decent saves first half.

Also forgot to add about chertsey. Whether it was gamesmanship or a massive lack of respect, the match programme had them versus Hanworth Villa!

Its called a mistake!

I played until I got injured, and firstly what an awful pitch down at chertsey. With the debacle sorrounding Eversley not given the ground status to go up you go to a club two steps higher and play on a pitch that is awful. The powers that be should bring in a pitch maintenance rule with the ground gradings.

Anyway on the game chertsey started better, and went one up early doors. They seemed eager to try and put the game to bed early on. However as the game went on Spelly worked their way into it. The second half was dominated by Spelthorne an we deserved to win it in the 90 from my point of view. Chertsey seemed to be blowing after 60 minutes and Spelly were dominating.

Into extra time and the story didn't change. Spelthorne pressed and got another good goal. It was only then that chertsey decided to try and do something but they couldn't penetrate the stout Spelthorne defence.

Was an incredible result considering Spelly made 6 changes and from what I read on twitter this was chertseys best 11.

One sour note was when limping around the pitch after getting injured and unable to carry on after 40 minutes a blonde lady behind the Spelly goal said "that'll teach you for being a dirty c*nt". To which I asked her who she was talking to, and stammering she replied "I was talking to my dad", which made no sense. I later found out this was the managers wife. Whether that is true or not I don't know, but she was shouting abuse the whole game, and our keeper did well to ignore it all.

Lastly several of the chertsey players walked straight off the pitch and didn't shake hands at the end, despite their keeper shouting at them to be sportsman and shake.

Still the sandwiches were nice and the hospitality on the bar after superb.

You are full of it !!!

"a pitch maintenance rule'??? So its fine to not have pitch perimeter barriers as long as your pitch is like a carpet? Its ok not to have lights and kick off at 2pm during the winter and no midweek games as long as you have a carpet for a pitch? The pitch was not in great condition last night as we were not able to get on it due to the heavy rain that day. It had been played on 2 days earlier and played very well. A football club should not be judged just on the condition of the pitch. Come back and talk to me when Spelly finally get their ground up to anywhere near Chertsey's! When your football club has all the other ground maintenance issues to deal with, and then have to find funds for the pitch you will understand.

As for the match, Spelthorne did deserve the win. The game should have been over as a contest after 20mins though but for poor finishing from Chertsey and the Spelly keeper having a worldy. Second half we tired massively and as Brunty says, two worldy goals separated the teams. We tried in vain to get the equaliser with 10 to go in extra time and on several occasions came within an inch away from the ball going in. I wont take anything away from Spelly cos beating a team two levels above themselves is a scalp and massive achievement under any circumstances. My only defence for Chertsey was the illness and injuries two days previously that had swept through the team and made many of the players under perform on the night. On Tuesday we played Beaconsfield and due to a 24 hour bug sweeping through the team we only had myself and the assistant manager on the bench on Tuesday night. Three players were injured and 4 called in sick Tuesday morning. All four of those sick players played Thursday and just werent right.

We are due to play away at Northwood tomorrow, and this morning I had 2 'new' reports of sickness within the team.

I know you will all jump on it as excuses but its a fact, simple as. The other Chertsey players that were not suffering did not play to their potential and the whole team ultimately suffered a disappointing loss.

Im certainly not saying that Spelthorne were awful and that we were too. Spelthorne impressed me with their movement, creativity and passion. They fully deserved the win and I wish them all the best in the final.

As for abuse from the crowd, at step 4 with average attendances in excess of 100 per week, you get use to it home and away.

Your keeper was obviously mature enough to ignore it...shame you werent.

and on the subject of telling tales.....it made me laugh when one of your players walked in the ground followed by Mum and family and then told that spectators actually had to pay to watch. The Mum was flabbergasted that she might have to pay to enter a football club on match day. Think she must have just been expecting to hop over a rope like most weeks. What made it funnier was that she ordered her son to find out if he was starting as she wasnt prepared to pay if he was a sub!!

and then when we ran out of balls in the 2nd half due to the hoofing over the 'enclosed' football club perimeter wall, one of your players wanted our subs to go leaping over walls to fetch the ball like they do at Spelthorne!!

Apologies if some of our players failed to shake hands, I certainly did and I would expect all of my players to make an effort to do it.

Bite over, we move on.