Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weds/Thur/Fri Matches

Good to get both sides of this story. Fair play to you JJ for coming on here and putting across your views.

I have one question - if you left Chertsey for any reason, would your Mrs stay and support them like she does now or follow you wherever you went? It could be like a double transfer where a club gets a midfield general and supporters group leader for the price of one. You could bite the legs off in the middle of the park and she could finish off the rest behind the goal.

No Johnno I'm not a friend or colleague of Matt, just watched him for Staines a few times last season and seem him play a couple of games this season for Lammas. I saw his twitter that's the reason why I raised the question.

It does not surprise me at all.Chertsey have always been arrogant & had a chav support.Any one thats had the misfortune to visit the bleak town centre will know of the type of creatures that roam about.Dont know Johnno but why on earth would you allow your wife to watch with the vocal rude fans.Your a step 4 club FFS so act like one.I've seen Chertsey 3 times this season,impressed with the lad Knight up front but the rest mostly not up to standard.I'll give you a fact,if Chertsey were in the Ryman this season they would have been relegated by the end of February.I've never seen a bigger gap between two step 4 leagues.Walton Casuals who are bottom of Ryman South would wipe the floor with half the sides in Evo Stix Central.

I think he meant between you Brunty ha ha ha seriously it looks like its been a very dissapointing season for Chertsey and Jonno has had a baptism of fire In his first season in management but he has big shoulders and i'm sure he can handle it.

I think he meant between you Brunty ha ha ha seriously it looks like its been a very dissapointing season for Chertsey and Jonno has had a baptism of fire In his first season in management but he has big shoulders and i'm sure he can handle it.

Not disappointing Duncs. We will be entering our 3rd season of Step 4 football in August and if we can maintain our step 4 status for another year i will be happy.

There are plenty of CCL Prem teams who would jump at the chance of playing at this level rather than keep finishing 3rd or 4th each year. The long term plan is to cement Chertsey as a step 4 club. Then in time we can build on it.

Not disappointing Duncs. We will be entering our 3rd season of Step 4 football in August and if we can maintain our step 4 status for another year i will be happy.

There are plenty of CCL Prem teams who would jump at the chance of playing at this level rather than keep finishing 3rd or 4th each year. The long term plan is to cement Chertsey as a step 4 club. Then in time we can build on it.

Well thats a very simple way of looking at the situation David,but from where I am sitting it must be dissapointing for the club and the paying public,surely a club like yours would rather be in the Evo Prem than langquishing at the foot of Div1,what is your goal for next season (I bet its not finishing near the bottom again ) and what do you feel the club could do to help you acheive.

I watched a very entertaining game today between Northwood and Chertsey, Northwood started very strongly and the big striker up top for them was decent, They took the lead then Chertsey hit back with a good goal, Chertsey then added a 2nd with a bullet header to be fair against the run of play, Northwood then had a player sent off, 2-1 at half time and next goal wins and what a great finish it was by the Chertsey winger, 3-1 and game over so you would think, but Northwood battle back and scored with a lob, then Northwood got a penalty but Ross in goal made a great save, Chertsey looked the more likely to score and came close a couple times and gathered 3 hard earned points.

I thought Parr and Knight up top for Chertsey played well and looked decent, also thought Ross in goal for Chertsey pulled off some great saves.

Well done Jonno.

Ignore the dick heads johnno!

And you are another one......are you gonna explain your remark and the reasons behind it or are you just gonna leave us with Ignore the dick heads jonno.....wow if that is the sort of people who are attached to your club then I suggest there is areal problem and you need to weed them out.

Says the man whose favourite word is "Kent".

Priceless!

Is the game against Sandhurst a cup final or just a game?I'm a bit confused as they are not GFC,and we have put some earphones in the dugout so as your manager can't hear the big boys shouting....bless his little cotton socks.

Duncs,I actually have no idea who johnno is never met him,I've no idea who plays for him either. I just read this forum now and again and think half the people on it are clowns,have nothing better to do then slag people off and constantly run clubs down! who cares if it's his wife being gobby at a game,men do it all the time!

Well thats a very simple way of looking at the situation David,but from where I am sitting it must be dissapointing for the club and the paying public,surely a club like yours would rather be in the Evo Prem than langquishing at the foot of Div1,what is your goal for next season (I bet its not finishing near the bottom again ) and what do you feel the club could do to help you acheive.

Goal for next season Duncs will be the same as this season - retain step 4 status. Anything more than that is a bonus. I'd rather be in the English Premier league but funds dictate that this is not possible as is playing in the Southern League Premier. We can just about hold our own at step 4 and this is where we intend to stay for now. Chertsey Town fc could do with investment, a 3G training pitch, funds to spend on the pitch in may/June, a sugar daddy to match the budgets of slough, Biggleswade, rugby, Godalming, burnham and so on. Don't suppose u got any money lying around Duncs??

Errrmmmm do you know our budget then Johnno, because I am afraid if you did you would know we are nowhere near the likes of who you said.... Yep ours is better than the likes of yours and Fleets etc, but I can tell you now for FACT that not one player in our side earns 3 figures.....

We have built a side on team spirit, and hard workers....

And just shows you how little the money actually means to our players, Blounty who we signed from you less than 6 weeks ago, tore his anterior cruciate, and medial cruciate at Thatcham on Monday and the lads not only clubbed together to pay for an MRI scan within 5 days, but have now agreed to give up their last weeks wages to help pay for a private operation... And are willing to help in a fundraiser....

Would rather not be linked with other teams who are paying money, just because we are challenging at the top...

I know this is not CCL related but frustrates me when people assume you are paying out BIg money just because you are doing well...

Duncs,I actually have no idea who johnno is never met him,I've no idea who plays for him either. I just read this forum now and again and think half the people on it are clowns,have nothing better to do then slag people off and constantly run clubs down! who cares if it's his wife being gobby at a game,men do it all the time!

there that wasn't to bad was it now we know what you are saying we can carry on the debate

Bakes,I was wondering whether it was going to be you or Unders to respond to Jonno........ I had heard about the players clubbing together to pay for Blounty's scan which is what you call real team spirit. Great result yesterday and Fleet did you a massive favour as well..... How is the pitch looking for Tuesday.. I couldn't believe the state of it on Thursday afternoon but knowing Bill, it will be back in shape pretty quick.

Goal for next season Duncs will be the same as this season - retain step 4 status. Anything more than that is a bonus. I'd rather be in the English Premier league but funds dictate that this is not possible as is playing in the Southern League Premier. We can just about hold our own at step 4 and this is where we intend to stay for now. Chertsey Town fc could do with investment, a 3G training pitch, funds to spend on the pitch in may/June, a sugar daddy to match the budgets of slough, Biggleswade, rugby, Godalming, burnham and so on. Don't suppose u got any money lying around Duncs??

you got more than me,your target needs to be mid table and maybe getting someone with connections at that level,the phone book is most important at this level as managerial skills