Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rumour Mill ?

As far as I am concerned we are in division one next year. If there is an issue with london lions going up, that is between them and the SSMFL.

I've heard the SSMFL aren't happy as the ground share agreement isn't water tight due to not being in place by march 31st and that a rule states you cannot ground share for the purpose of promotion as well as a ground share by definition meaning you play ALL your home games at that ground, not just rent the pitch for midweek games and play Saturday games at your actual home ground. However, these are other people's words and not mine. I've stated previously that lions deserve to go up as they were the best team in the league this season. If they don't promote lions, there is nothing to suggest they will promote Hoddesdon Town. They could reprieve a team that finished in the lower positions of the prem, as we have seen on previous seasons with Hatfield.

I repeat, it is my thought that Hoddesdon Town will be a division one side next year and that is what we are working towards until somebody in authority tells us otherwise.

I think a set of recent league minutes also pointed out to london lions that their plan to have Saturday kick offs at 2pm was unacceptable to the league for a premier division side. If that's the case, lions would have to play ALL their home games at Hemels ground. I don't know whether that has been sorted out or not, but once again, it's not for me or Hoddesdon to speculate on at this stage.

I think a set of recent league minutes also pointed out to london lions that their plan to have Saturday kick offs at 2pm was unacceptable to the league for a premier division side. If that's the case, lions would have to play ALL their home games at Hemels ground. I don't know whether that has been sorted out or not, but once again, it's not for me or Hoddesdon to speculate on at this stage.

But this will also apply to Baldock Town from HSCL who state they have been acceptted into the SSML Div1. The ground share at Hitchin but played 25% of their league games at Baldock Arena on the 3rd generation that didn't pass Step 6 inspection last season. I suspect this and Lions will be over looked !!!! (swept under the carpet)

I don't know what you are all talking about...

Us and Cockfosters didn't think it was fair that goal difference separated us...so we tossed a coin and we won! Cockfosters were obviously disappointed, but wished us well with our Prem campaign.

What a bloody good group of lads!

So are Arlesey Town reserves, Baldock, Broxbourne, Broadfields, FC Romania, Rayners Lane and Risborough all looking to play in Div 1 next season? Someone is going to be disappointed. Do the existing SSML sides get preference or is it PPG?

So are Arlesey Town reserves, Baldock, Broxbourne, Broadfields, FC Romania, Rayners Lane and Risborough all looking to play in Div 1 next season? Someone is going to be disappointed. Do the existing SSML sides get preference or is it PPG?

If there are two teams in Div 2 with the facilities in place for Div 1, and they have finished in a promotion place, then they should get preference over any other team.. Otherwise what's the point of them competing last season??

It will be an absolute farce if a non SSML team were put into Div 1 in preference of Risborough or Broxbourne.

If other teams want to join the South Mids League then why can't they be given the option to join in Div 2 (as that division is about 6 teams short as it is.) And if they don't want to join South Mids at Div 2 and work their way up like any other club, then they should stay where they are.

I hope that doesn't sound too much like a moan, but it would completely ridacule the league if preference is given to teams sliding straight into South Mids Div 1 over teams that have had to battle throughout the season in Div 2 to earn their place.

Under the pyramid system the SSML Division Two is on the same level (level 11) as all the following leagues

Anglian Combination Premier Division – 16 clubs

Bedfordshire Football League Premier Division – 15 clubs
Cambridgeshire Football Association County League Premier Division – 15 clubs
Central Midlands League North Division – 17 clubs
Central Midlands League South Division – 17 clubs
Cheshire Football League Division One – 16 clubs
Dorset Premier Football League – 18 clubs
Essex and Suffolk Border Football League Premier Division – 18 clubs
Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division – 14 clubs
Gloucestershire County League – 17 clubs
Hampshire Premier Football League Senior Division – 18 clubs
Hertfordshire Senior County League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Humber Premier League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Kent County League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Leicestershire Senior League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Manchester Football League Premier Division – 18 clubs
Middlesex County Football League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Midland Football Combination Division One – 16 clubs
Northamptonshire Football Combination Premier Division – 14 clubs
Northern Football Alliance Premier Division – 16 clubs

Nottinghamshire Senior League Senior Division – 16 clubs
Oxfordshire Senior Football League Premier Division – 14 clubs
Peterborough and District Football League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Reading Football League Senior Division – 14 clubs
Sheffield and Hallamshire County Senior League Premier Division – 15 clubs
Somerset County Football League Premier Division – 18 clubs
South West Peninsula League Division One East – 18 clubs
South West Peninsula League Division One West – 17 clubs
Spartan South Midlands Football League Division Two – 16 clubs
Staffordshire County Senior Football League Premier Division – 18 clubs
Suffolk and Ipswich Football League Senior Division – 16 clubs
Surrey Elite Intermediate League – 16 clubs
Sussex County League Division 3 – 14 clubs
Teesside Football League Division One – 14 clubs
Wearside Football League – 20 clubs
West Cheshire Amateur Football League Division One – 16 clubs
West Lancashire Football League Premier Division – 17 clubs
West Midlands (Regional) League Division One – 17 clubs
West Yorkshire Football League Premier Division – 16 clubs
Wiltshire Football League Premier Division – 17 clubs

Therefore any club achieving promotion from these leagues would be promoted to level 10 (subject to having the required ground grading) hence clubs in the catchment area being promoted into the SSML Division One.

I disagree, there are leagues at Step 7 that feed in to SSMFL Step 6 like Herts County league, also believe Herts County premier has a higher step 7 rating than Div 2. If a team wins that division they should be promoted ahead of a SSMFL Div 2 side who finish outside the top 2.

Thanks Karen same story but with less detail

Edited by Munchkin

Teams like Baldock and the like currently play at Step 7 which is equivilant to SSML Div2, so for them to progress they aren't allowed to go side ways into SSML Div 2, their only option is Step 6 (SSML Div1). So those coming into SSML Div 1 from Step 7 and those already in SSML but Div2 are I'm assuming treated as one. My only moan is that those sides who groundshare at Step 7 or in the case of Lions at Step 6 seem to pick and choose when and when not to play at the ground they are sharing, therefore saving money (and not within the FA rules "I think") whislt SSML Div2 teams have completed a season playing ALL their games at a ground that already meets the Step 6 standard.

Slightly unfair on London Lions as their situation was caused by Broxbourne's folding. Whether they should have been considered for promotion is another matter, something which the league could have outlined at the start of the season.

Have Risborough met the requirements by the deadline?

I disagree, there are leagues at Step 7 that feed in to SSMFL Step 6 like Herts County league, also believe Herts County premier has a higher step 7 rating than Div 2. If a team wins that division they should be promoted ahead of a SSMFL Div 2 side who finish outside the top 2.

Thanks Karen same story but with less detail

I agree. I'm not saying that teams shouldn't feed straight into Div 1 from other leagues. My concern is teams feeding into Div 1 over preference of teams that have finished in a Div 2 promotion place.

For example, I'm sure I would have agreed with a non SML team coming into Div 1 over Winslow getting promoted from a 7th place finish - but that option wasn't there last season.

Moving straight into Div 1 from outside the league is the progression route - but my concern is that it is favoured over teams that have worked hard in Div 2 to qualify for promotion.

The fact is that SSML promotions and relegations are not as black and white as professional leagues, with a lot of other factors to take into consideration. I wouldn't like the responsibilty of sorting it anyway.

That's why they were given dispensation for the season just ended. They have had a whole season to plan for 2013/14

I was referring more to the point the dispensation they were given meant they could not meet all the requirements, I.e playing all games there. Agree they should have had something permanent ready by March.

What you should all remember in you reasoning is that there are three parts to step 7

SSML Div 2 are 7b

Herts County League Prem are 7

Middx County League Prem are 7a

Beds County League Prem are 7a

Arlesey Town Res have the right to play at Step 6 because their 1st Team play above level 4 and the fact that they come from the Beds County League Prem (step 7) is irrelevant.  

The way I understand it, if you want promotion from step 7 to step 6 then you apply to the fa and if they approve it they choose which league to place you in. Broxbourne and risborough are exceptions as if the promotion is to a higher division in the same league then it is down to the league to sort it out and nothing to do with the fa.

I reckon the league will promote broxbourne from third (is third place still a promotion space in the league rules? I thought it was if one of the top 2 couldn't go up), and then if there is still space after the fa has allocated teams to div 1 then they'll promote risborough too.