Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rumour Mill ?

I heard a rumour that next season's 'Big Cat' derby of the Lions v Tigers will have following officials

Joel Man(ni)x, Mike Ta(y)ilor and Andy C(r)lawford   :P 

And a huge thank you to Lee Bearman, whose words were emblazoned onto our dressing room wall for the remainder of the season. Rogers band of Merry Men came good after all.....

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cranfieldunitedfootballclub/news/well-earned-and-deserved-3-points-865038.html

And a huge thank you to Lee Bearman, whose words were emblazoned onto our dressing room wall for the remainder of the season. Rogers band of Merry Men came good after all.....

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cranfi

eldunitedfootballclub/news/well-earned-and-

deserved-3-points-865038.html

Haha was there any need to add that last bit ?

I always struggle at this time of the year to

comprehend how leagues think over their constitution. How teams in the bottom 2 in the past at Steps 4 & 5 have received reprieves & teams from below on the back of a good season get their progression blocked is beyond me. It's rewarding failure.

So congratulations to Hoddesdon, I think it's well deserved after knocking on the door for so long.

Also nice to see in Cranfield's report that David Kane is still playing. He played for me at Southill. Nice lad & a good little player.

Thanks Syd, very decent of you. Been a long time coming and although we would have preferred to finish in the top two, we only came third on goal difference this year so we will take it with open arms.

Looking forward to the season already.

Welcome to the Prem to all at Hoddesdon, looking forward to derby days next season for Reserves AND First Team now. Should bring in the crowds and with Hertford, can only be good for local football. Small wager on which of us finishes highest Jonno?

Lol no thanks!! Look forward to welcome you and Gav to Lowfield though

Hoddesdon Town promoted.....

Another team starting with a H in the Premier Division!

Welcome to the H club ;)

Subject to approval of the AGM, hope you haven't upset too many clubs  :P

Slightly confused even after seeing the proposal - no mention of who is being promoted from Div 1. Assume it to be 3 teams going up-  Cockfosters, Hoddy & London Lions ? No relegation from Prem & losing 2 from the top + Haringey sideways

Karen - Can you answer the following questions?

If London Lions did not have an agreement in place for ground sharing next season at Hemel Hempsted Town, would they be barred from promotion?

If Hoddesdon Town were to be promoted because of Haringey Borough being moved sideways and London Lions denied promotion, there would be a vacancy in the Premier Division then who would fill it?

Holmer and Hatfield reprieved they are saying, Hoddesdon up they are reporting here

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/Hoddesdon-Broxbourne/Hoddesdon-Town-promoted-to-Spartan-League-premier-division-20130525102512.htm

Risboro, Baldock, Broxbourne and Arlesley res into div 1, new bradwell relegated, but no actual make up of divisions given

Hoddesdon up they are reporting here

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Roger's house

Slightly confused even after seeing the proposal - no mention of who is being promoted from Div 1. Assume it to be 3 teams going up-  Cockfosters, Hoddy & London Lions ? No relegation from Prem & losing 2 from the top + Haringey sideways

Karen - Can you answer the following questions?

If London Lions did not have an agreement in place for ground sharing next season at Hemel Hempsted Town, would they be barred from promotion?

If Hoddesdon Town were to be promoted because of Haringey Borough being moved sideways and London Lions denied promotion, there would be a vacancy in the Premier Division then who would fill it?

Im told that Hemel Hempstead Town have to wait for permission from the Southern League regarding London Lions ground sharing with them next season. If they don't get it it will be just two up from Division 1.

Will Risboro have lights ready to go or are other clubs going to have to face the handicap of kicking off at 2pm? I don't think this should be allowed.

If lights are sorted Im glad Risboro got promoted, good club and always enjoyed visits there.

Personally I don't have a problem with 2pm kick offs, kicking off early enough to avoid the expense of floodlights is something that should be encouraged in these days of financial stress.  The problem comes when they have to play evening matches.  Obviously without lights, a team would be unable to kick off at 7-30 (45), which is more of an issue to me, even when the light is good enough to allow a 6-30 kick off.  That time is unfair to away teams, getting players away from work for a kick off at that time is a big ask.

Edited by SG24

As the early kick off times apply mainly to Division Two hopefully this will be avoided as its my intentions to have Division Two start at the same time as the Premier and Division One.