Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rumour Mill ?

Who he brought though than any players we heard of

Colin Kazim-Richards, Fabrice Muamba, Bradley Johnson, Fitz Hall, Toby Ajala, Nathan Smith, Jay Simpson & Alfie Potter are just a few I know of.

You may not have heard of all of them, but they all had or are still having league careers.

Haha he's a mate, who can make a big difference to a club. He's helped me out in the past with players & if I can help him get a club higher up the pyramid I will. You will get a team full of hungry youngsters with a great attitude & the ability to progress. What Step 6 club can afford to ignore that ?

Not at all, but if you get info about about an ex-pro, who is has a great record in producing players & has recent success at a similar level, you would think any committee with half a football brain between them would at least make an enquiry.

I can see your point, equally though if he was that interested he would have applied.

A change of chairman can't come quick enough. I can't remember him being at any of our home games in the past couple of years. That is scandalous for a football club in my opinion. What happens with the club next year, who knows, but nothing is impossible, especially when the wrong people are making the decisions.

Rumour has it that with two more Committee resignations in the offing and a Secretary who has apparently less say in the running of the Club and its finances than the bar staff and other bar lizards I cannot see the Club surviving in the South Midlands League. Having to wait till the AGM for a new chairman is too long. Some direction is needed now or the wheels will fall off very soon. 

Rumour has it that with two more Committee resignations in the offing and a Secretary who has apparently less say in the running of the Club and its finances than the bar staff and other bar lizards I cannot see the Club surviving in the South Midlands League. Having to wait till the AGM for a new chairman is too long. Some direction is needed now or the wheels will fall off very soon. 

You seem to be well informed. Are you aware of interest in the position of chairman?

You seem to be well informed. Are you aware of interest in the position of chairman?

Sorry I cannot help!

I have heard several names quoted but do not know if the rumours are 100% true. For that reason I will say no more! To my knowledge there is no official crown prince just a few names. Somebody must know what is really going on. The "fat lady" will soon have to sing. 

Haha he's a mate, who can make a big difference to a club. He's helped me out in the past with players & if I can help him get a club higher up the pyramid I will. You will get a team full of hungry youngsters with a great attitude & the ability to progress. What Step 6 club can afford to ignore that ?

Syd - I know the success Interwood have had with their players and there are a lot more names that people on here wouldnt have heard of who have played at Academy level for top clubs....however...there are a few things that I believe the club are trying to achieve and continuity is perhaps one of them. The man you mention is based out of Chingford/East London...all of his players are also based out of this area and therefore this is probably a stumbling block right from the start. There is another Herts club who brought in a London based manager bringing a school of players from the same area, look at their situation..admittedly they have a few more "local" boys now who are doing well but completely ripping a now local team apart and bringing in people who live 45 minutes away minimum to run a Step 5/6 side with no money doesn't really work in my opinion. The club have a core of players now who are based from WGC, Hatfield and other close surrounding areas. This has helped with the stability and hopefully the club will move on using the same local players with a few "better" players added to the mix. This is just my opinion but your man I think is probably more suited to an Essex Senior team based closer to him and his network.

It was very thinly veiled!

Perhaps not the best example for me to give considering my previous association with the club but the point I am trying to make to Syd (which is only my opinion, I wasnt speaking on behalf of WGC) is that at this level of football stability, identity, continuity etc are things that are most important especially when you dont have a significant budget or even any budget at all. If you flip my example around and use clubs local to me in the last 5yrs or so who have been successful with no funds or limited - St Mags this season, Hatfield 3-5yrs ago, Colney Heath 2-4yrs ago (some budget), Broxbourne Borough under Faulkner/Beels and Hoddesdon now (ok perhaps a significant budget :)) they are all based on local players due to being managed by local people..once the managers left/leave you didnt necessarily lose the core. I think that the man Syd mentions has a fantastic record of producing players but realistically how long would he stay at WGC, how many of his "players" have any affiliation or perhaps knowledge of WGC etc etc....sounds very long winded but I hope you get the point I am trying to make...

No probs Chinola, I get your point perfectly well, but I do think the lads brought in could integrate with the players still there. Danny's not the guy to up sticks & bugger off to the first offer. I know he has an idea of how he would run a club & all I'm saying is They've got his contact details, give him a chance to put that idea across.

If they're not keen give it to another guy, but to ignore that option doesn't make sense to me.

Meanwhile well done to MonkeyMonkey8 on his appointment at St Mags.