Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rumour Mill ?

If I read the post correctly - it was questioning the 6.30pm midweek kick offs which hopefully will be avoided given good weather.

And I was refering to Division Two starting the season on August 10th as per Premier/Division One.

Edited by Karen Browne

As the early kick off times apply mainly to Division Two hopefully this will be avoided as its my intentions to have Division Two start at the same time as the Premier and Division One.

I may have misread this to be Div 2 games kicking off at the same time as the Premier and Division One, rather than each division starting their seasons at the same time.  Makes more sense now.

Will Risboro have lights ready to go or are other clubs going to have to face the handicap of kicking off at 2pm? I don't think this should be allowed.

If lights are sorted Im glad Risboro got promoted, good club and always enjoyed visits there.

I hear the floodlights are going up I'm june

Personally I don't have a problem with 2pm kick offs, kicking off early enough to avoid the expense of floodlights is something that should be encouraged in these days of financial stress. The problem comes when they have to play evening matches. Obviously without lights, a team would be unable to kick off at 7-30 (45), which is more of an issue to me, even when the light is good enough to allow a 6-30 kick off. That time is unfair to away teams, getting players away from work for a kick off at that time is a big ask.

I'm afraid I do as do some of our players who also work Saturday mornings which can cause availability problems and as you say the midweek one is even worse. Should not happen at this level.

I'm seriously surprised if there is no relegation from the Prem this season. Without a shadow of a doubt (and I will be harsh here) us and Hatfield deserve to go down with the season's we've had. Teams such as Hertford and London Tigers did fantastically to pick up their form and improve their league position and if they finished bottom or 2nd bottom with their points tally I'd understand them getting a reprieve. We're lucky, although I will believe it when I see it

Actually ignore the London lions comment I misread.

Basically no prem relegation

4 new teams (baldock, Broxbourne, Risborough, aresley reserves)

1 relegation ( new Bradwell)

So I make that 3 teams promoted (London lions, cockfosters and I forget the name of the other team

I'm seriously surprised if there is no relegation from the Prem this season. Without a shadow of a doubt (and I will be harsh here) us and Hatfield deserve to go down with the season's we've had. Teams such as Hertford and London Tigers did fantastically to pick up their form and improve their league position and if they finished bottom or 2nd bottom with their points tally I'd understand them getting a reprieve. We're lucky, although I will believe it when I see it

I agree, but it isn't always simple to do. We lost 2 teams to promotion and didn't receive any back. 1 team was moved sideways by the FA again nothing back. Other than promoting 5 teams, which I imagine the FA are against no other choice but to reprieve the bottom 2. It does tend to reward failure, but happens every season

I'm just glad I'll get to see Alabaster playing in the prem still, not that someone wouldn't have snapped him up had Holmer been relegated. If they can sort the team out around him I think Holmer will have a much improved season.

Will you be there next year Michael?

Hows this for a rumour?!?!  Apparently the famous Rebadiah Hongfield has been named on twitter! I wont ruin the suprise but if you lot go on to twitter you can see that he has been 'outed' by one of his friends. Rebadiah even admitted it by posting a picture of a white shirt labelled 'I AM REBADIAH'

So what do you have to say about the matter rebs??? :ph34r:  :saythat:  :438:  :bananatux:

I've seen this tweeter page and I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused by it all. The only thing that's famous about me is probably my orange bomber jacket (which I've taken a fair bit of stick for around grounds over the years). Other than that, I'm just a humble follower of the SSML, who's not enjoying the tweeter attention.

I'd like to state here that I'm not in any way associated with said Tweeter account.

I'm just glad I'll get to see Alabaster playing in the prem still, not that someone wouldn't have snapped him up had Holmer been relegated.

I wonder who Alabaster would have gone to ? had Holmer Green gone down. Would there have been any chance of him staying with Holmer Green in Division 1 ?