Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Meeting 8th of May

does this mean alton have secured there ground for another season as i was unaware the issue had been confirmed yet?

will there reserve side be entering cc or suburban or will they stay in the wyvern?

not sure alton will be overly pleased with the move , but a very nice little ground and with there (hopefull ) new facilities coming the following season will be a welcome addition

Edited by inbetweener

Good news about Alton personally as it will be nice to visit a new ground!

However, if I were Sandhurst I would definitely be appealing. There is a spare Step Five slot in Kent and there may be others, so for Sandhurst and maybe Dorking to go down when the FA could simply move Croydon to the Kent League and have an extra space in CCL for Sandhurst seems really poor.

Are Sussex relegating any teams, do we know? If not, then that also seems unfair on CCL who lose two from what is arguably a stronger league right now.

All this effort to get Kent League up to twenty, yet they stop at 19. Doesn't make sense at all. If they had twenty I could understand the relegations.

I love Alton's ground and very pleased they still exist there.

I'm guessing Sussex One won't relegate anyone now they have lost four teams.

Kent may well promote an extra up from the Invicta to make 20. Rumours suggest Ashford Town.

Certainly that would make sense to get Kent up to twenty, but it still seems unfair if Sussex relegate none but CCL relegate two, when the FA were supposed to be restructuring and "pooling" all the step five clubs like they do with the steps above. If a 22nd placed Sussex club survives ahead of Sandhurst then that is still wrong.

Does anyone know what is happening in Sussex yet? It would make things a bit clearer and I'm surprised that individual leagues are advising this information when you'd think the FA would have released a statement covering all of Step Five at the same time. 

Alton would be one of the nicer grounds in my opinion and it actually makes more sense for them to be in the CCL than the Wessex. Loads of local games for them and not so many 1-2 hour journeys like they have at present in the Wessex. No more trips to Newport IOW any more either saving the £50 ferry crossing fee!

Alton would be one of the nicer grounds in my opinion and it actually makes more sense for them to be in the CCL than the Wessex. Loads of local games for them and not so many 1-2 hour journeys like they have at present in the Wessex. No more trips to Newport IOW any more either saving the £50 ferry crossing fee!

A cost saving maybe, but yet Powelly, from reading their website, they appear none to happy about the move to the CCL Prem by quoting:.

''This is not something that we or the Wessex League have sought''

Alton have requested a full written explanation from the FA.

Meanwhile Alton appear to be taking advice and considering their position.......so what can be read from this comment ?

I for one am glad that a new club has joined the CCL it freshens up the league, that is why I'm up for relegation and promotion places WITHOUT reprieves, otherwise like many other forumrites have stated, the league will get stale and thats what the relegation and promotion places are for provided they are adhered to.

Anyway I've never been to Alton, so I hope the opportunity arises next season for me to go visit, watch a game and meet the local folk...then thats another ground crossed off the list :D !!!     :

Last chance next year as well Bad Guy as they move to Anstey Park for 2014/15.

I understand their reluctance as they'll be the most western and southern team in the CCL and its a change - something most people don't handle we'll. but when they actually look at it it's a real positive - they just need time for it to sink in I reckon.

They don't pay down there and are a young side so it'll be interesting to see how they go as they were bottom 4 all year in the Wessex. Who knows they may attract some different players that they couldn't before? Lots of local games for them though - Frimley, Farnham, camberley, ash, Hartley, Westfield under half an hour away. Lots of positives in my eyes.

Certainly that would make sense to get Kent up to twenty, but it still seems unfair if Sussex relegate none but CCL relegate two, when the FA were supposed to be restructuring and "pooling" all the step five clubs like they do with the steps above. If a 22nd placed Sussex club survives ahead of Sandhurst then that is still wrong.

Does anyone know what is happening in Sussex yet? It would make things a bit clearer and I'm surprised that individual leagues are advising this information when you'd think the FA would have released a statement covering all of Step Five at the same time. 

Nothing on their web-site yet, E&E.

This'll be the page to watch !!

http://www.sussexfa.com/news