Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Syria - should we be getting involved?

Personally, I think we should leave well alone.

Are we simply doing a 'Labour' and getting into bed with the American's?

Do we have any choice?

There is oil in Syria, so is this just another case of looking after the oil?

There is no oil in Zimbabwe so they were/are allowed to just carry on.

Thoughts?

As a country we are broke and still paying for WW2. Our boys are dying in a futile campaign in Afghanistan.  Our roads are broke. Our hospitals and schools are at breaking point because of ( well I cannot say because of political correctness).

Lets sort out our own backyard before meddling elsewhere - that's assuming we have the capability (which we don't).

I really despair of our politicians ( all parties)

In short, no we should not be getting involved.

We waste too much money on war and needless Foreign Aid to places like India and China.  High time we looked after our own people for a change!

Its  wrong to allow innocent children and civilians to be slaughtered indiscriminately, but as both sides seem almost as bad as each other it would be immoral to take sides. IMO it would be acceptable to be part of a UN peace force, but totally wrong to be part of an Anglo American task force, and most definitely the UN peace envoy, the warmonger Blair should be kept as far away as possible from any eventual peace negotiations.

Can we even afford to go to war?

The millions that would be spent on pointless destruction could be far better spent here.

I think we've done enough damage to the rest of the world - and the last thing I want to see is a long, drawn out confrontation where we send young guys out to get injured or killed for little or no reason which is what we've got in Afghanistan. Also a very good point made above on various posts about sorting our economy out as well

Zimbabwe is a good point as well, disgraceful things have gone on there and we haven't intervened.

As of this evening, (Thursday), it looks like 'Call Me Dave' has made a sudden 'U' turn, which might be the best option at the moment.

Agreed, wish somebody would bomb the vile Fabian TB instead.

So what does the Fabian Society (of which TB was a member) stand for?  

I was very glad to see 'Call Me Dave'  had his nose well and truly blooded by his own back-benchers yesterday !

I bet Obama is NOT best pleased !!

Sounds good to me - let France take our place as the Yanks' sidekicks. For once parliament has reflected the views of the people who elected them!

I am glad that Cameron is not doing 'a Blair' over going to war, and far from condemning him for being weak I think all sides should say well done to DC for doing what the people want.

If the yanks want to go in, then let them - just leave us out of it.  

I am glad that Cameron is not doing 'a Blair' over going to war, and far from condemning him for being weak I think all sides should say well done to DC for doing what the people want.

If the yanks want to go in, then let them - just leave us out of it.  

Just wait and see, I personally wouldn't believe a word Camaron says.