Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex local non-league players arrested in Ozzie game fixing investigation.

Rick the Dick

• 2 weeks later...

If the players involved admitted to being involved in a match fixing game last season how would, or should it affect the clubs involved?.

If going by past cases is anything to go by (Bruce Grobbelaar being the one that automatically springs to mind)

Then the clubs are safe, and its the individual who is punished.

Alan, why should it affect the clubs ???

I'm not saying it should, but if any player is deliberately trying to lose a game, and it affects another clubs relegation or promotion by less than three points, then it could be argued that affected club would be entitled to justice..If your club was relegated because players from another club had thrown a match to a relegation rival how would you feel?

Apologies for posting on this forum.

If match fixing has taken place here in what was the BSS (and there's absolutely no evidence of that) then surely Hornchurch would be the victims as they were relegated Alan? I would be disappointed but the club would just get on with trying to get back up I would assume.

Archived