Fans Focus - Non League Football

SATURDAY PROSPECTS

I also believe that 3G pitches will improve players technically, especially at a younger age.

YV, yet again, I agree, but I keep asking.............. WHO PAYS ?????

YV, yet again, I agree, but I keep asking.............. WHO PAYS ?????

Well JR, I see Dorking FC as one of the prime candidates for such a project. I think you have the perfect location in the town centre, a good enclosed pitch and a good reason to get the council onside and keep the wolves from your door( I hope I'm right in saying that people have wanted to take the ground from Dorking FC and develop it for other use. If not I apologise).

Has anyone approached the local council for funding a 3G project with all the benefits of such a ground going to the local community, groundbreaking move for the town and the borough. Maybe this would be the first move. There is plenty of funding about and with the maths done properly can prove a very profitable project. Dorking FC is a Limited Company so therefore, with the right business plan, going to the bank with backing of grants and funding from the FA etc they could be willing to help. As long as you make the project work financially then you will make a good profit, you may have money to pay back each month but it's no worse than many clubs pay for pitch hire at the moment but you will have a massive revenue. If you have any doubts I would suggest contacting Maidstone Utd or going to the 3g4us if you can. It all takes time and effort but if you have a good team of people with the energy to see it through you will benefit in the long run I'm sure, it's they way forward.

I hope you guys don't mind but I have also voted for you on the Capitol One ground improvement grant which could net you £75k, if others can do the same it might go a long way. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/capitaloneuk/app_334443379979708?app_data=grounds-for-improvement

Watched a game at Hayes on latest synthetic pitch and it was a great game good passing and it played the same as a grass pitch. Costs a lot of money but ask Maidstone the advantages of one and how much revenue it produces not only for it being hired but the clubhouse revenue also. I am sitting on the fence on yes or no but slightly tilting towards yes

Well JR, I see Dorking FC as one of the prime candidates for such a project. I think you have the perfect location in the town centre, a good enclosed pitch and a good reason to get the council onside and keep the wolves from your door( I hope I'm right in saying that people have wanted to take the ground from Dorking FC and develop it for other use. If not I apologise).

Has anyone approached the local council for funding a 3G project with all the benefits of such a ground going to the local community, groundbreaking move for the town and the borough. Maybe this would be the first move. There is plenty of funding about and with the maths done properly can prove a very profitable project. Dorking FC is a Limited Company so therefore, with the right business plan, going to the bank with backing of grants and funding from the FA etc they could be willing to help. As long as you make the project work financially then you will make a good profit, you may have money to pay back each month but it's no worse than many clubs pay for pitch hire at the moment but you will have a massive revenue. If you have any doubts I would suggest contacting Maidstone Utd or going to the 3g4us if you can. It all takes time and effort but if you have a good team of people with the energy to see it through you will benefit in the long run I'm sure, it's they way forward.

I hope you guys don't mind but I have also voted for you on the Capitol One ground improvement grant which could net you £75k, if others can do the same it might go a long way. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/capitaloneuk/app_334443379979708?app_data=grounds-for-improvement

Many thanks Chris (YV).

There are so may issues to this problem at the moment that we have to wait and see exactly what the owners of Dorking F.C.( a limited company)  want to do.

Edited by Big J R

Ironic that clubs are booking 3G pitches in case of games being cancelled, don't need to read between the lines there.

Any way, a response on twitter suggesting step 5 clubs register for the 3g4us open day, I'm sure they would welcome step 6 too (see attached photo)post-7163-0-92263400-1389443898_thumb.jpg