Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 1st February Fixtures

Ha Ha it is Rich.

Now you are more Stats based than me and when was the last time a team blew an effective advantage of 9 points in the last 1/3rd of a CCL season ?

Windsor had 6 points in the bag,before they played Alton and Croydon.Likewise Epsom and Ewell had 3 points in the bag before they played Alton.Points on the board is what counts surely?

I'm not sure I know the answer to that question, as apart from last year I didn't have to study the top of the table! However, I wouldn't call it a nine point advantage yet. If they come through their next three tough games, then maybe, but they have to earn it still and it will be harder if they have midweeks to play too, especially in April when we all play each other for the final time.

Thanks for the insult Smudge. I'm not winding anyone up and Kroons is a good mate that I've known since 1988, just stating that this is a three (maybe four) horse race still (not just two clubs) and that if South Park have more postponements, they'll have to play more matches in less time compared to Camberley who are the only ones near the top on an unbeaten run. Not rocket science really. Also, no one has points in the bag until they are on the League table.

As for the referees, they'll be fine. They had plenty of practice last year! As for fixtures, I think twice a week is fine for now. Once all the Tuesdays are used up, then worry about Thursdays then.

I agree with you Rich, based on the way things are shaping you'd have to put Camberley in 'pole position'.

They're on a massive unbeaten run, they don't have any postponements at home, apart from RPV they've only lost to the top 4 and they don't play any of the top four again until the beginning of April - 12 more matches. Whilst over the next few weeks Windsor, Epsom and Park are all playing each other!

Looks like Park, Windsor and Epsom have it all to do to stay in contention over the next month and not drop many points!

I agree with you Rich, based on the way things are shaping you'd have to put Camberley in 'pole position'.

They're on a massive unbeaten run, they don't have any postponements at home, apart from RPV they've only lost to the top 4 and they don't play any of the top four again until the beginning of April - 12 more matches. Whilst over the next few weeks Windsor, Epsom and Park are all playing each other!

Looks like Park, Windsor and Epsom have it all to do to stay in contention over the next month and not drop many points!

Still reckon your team will win it Stan.  South Park ;)

If I remember rightly after Camberley beat Chertsey padlock and myself tipped Camberley

They were 6 th in the league and a lot of u guys thought we were mad.

Maybe not so mad after all

Windsor have succumbed first but the bottom teams always start taking points off the top teams in the latter part of the season don't they?

Doubt this year will be any different.

Nope that is a myth Rother.  The team that wins it will not drop points against the lower sides.

What I can't understand Stan is why the animosity towards South Park?

Chipstead haven't played them and Epsom have a good record against them. If we didn't have one, maybe I'd understand,

They are a well organised outfit off the field as well as on it, they don't throw money at their players and they haven't been around long enough (in senior terms) to have upset anyone.

Me personally, I dislike Sutton United because we could never beat them. I also dislike Chertsey, but that's mainly because of their fickle fans and twenty odd Committee members that all used to turn up with their free passes back in the day when more were issued. Also, because they used to beat us more often than we beat them.

All in my book, valid opinions for disliking a team. Why do you have such a problem with South Park?