Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

For some reason, the mighty Maidstone United are not yet amongst the bookies NLS title favourites this season.

Will their season ticket holders get their money's worth?

Season tickets for 2021/22 are priced at :-
Manchett main stand

Adults £295
Concessions (65+/students with valid ID) £250
Youth (11 to 16 year olds) £165
Junior (Under 11) £80
Ground

Adults £250
Concessions (65+/students with valid ID) £200
Youth (11 to 16 year olds) £115
Junior (Under 11) £40

(Online fee of £5 applies for handling, postage and packing).

20 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Interesting take on our defensive vulnerabilities and lack of attacking threat. 

Never have I read such utter rubbish before I read this and it's not well researched...

"Alongside Bath City, Slough Town disappointed, finishing well down the league despite reaching the play offs in 2019/20."

Hmmm... We only played 12 games?!?! Finishing well down the league?!?! The table was null and void!

"Unfortunately for Slough, they lack the quality across the pitch compared to most of the other teams in the National League South. Tom Derry will struggle to fill the void left by Dan Roberts’ departure and the defence lacks depth and appears vulnerable. It was a poor season last time round, and an increased threat of relegation may hang over them."

As proved historically, we don't need the biggest budget or immense quality across the pitch, we are a TEAM, gives you a huge advantage when you have a TEAM of players all united to achieve the same goal. I've not seen Tom Derry yet but he must be a Sunday park player if he will struggle to fill the void left by the largely anonymous Dan Roberts. Poor season?!?! Did I miss the 28 remaining games that were played?

I wish this was written 18 months ago when there was a shortage of toilet paper!!

Despite reportedly receiving glowing reports in pre season, Dan Roberts was on the subs bench for Dartford yesterday.

He came on in the 71st minute and duly obliged with two goals.

His first was an unmissable point blank header and then latching onto a through ball for his second.

He must have a good chance of starting against us next week.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 15/08/2021 at 13:46, Curtis said:

Matty Stevens scored twice in Forest Greens 3-1 win over Walsall. He now has three goals in the opening two league games of the season.

Away to Rochdale this evening, Forest Green Rovers are playing in a 3-4-1-2 format with Jamille Matt and Mathew Stevens (his first name is spelled with one t) being the two men up front. So the team layout reads as Matt Stevens up front!

1McGee
22Godwin-Malife4Sweeney3Bernard
2Wilson7Stevenson21Hendry11Cadden
8Adams
14Matt9Stevens

7 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

Away to Rochdale this evening, Forest Green Rovers are playing in a 3-4-1-2 format with Jamille Matt and Mathew Stevens (his first name is spelled with one t) being the two men up front. So the team layout reads as Matt Stevens up front!

1McGee
22Godwin-Malife4Sweeney3Bernard
2Wilson7Stevenson21Hendry11Cadden
8Adams
14Matt9Stevens

And now they have both scored :-

Rochdale1Forest Green Rovers2
  • Newby (48'minutes)
59 minsHT 0-1
  • Matt (33'minutes)Stevens (49'minutes)

8 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Chippenham v Ebbsfleet on Saturday is called off due to covid related issues.

This is very concerning as it has the potential to completely disrupt another season.

Are the rules now that you only need to isolate if:-

1. You test positive

2. You come into contact with someone who has tested positive & you haven’t been double jabbed

If so, shouldn’t there be very few players needing to isolate now?

I think clubs will need to introduce some very strict rules on all their personnel otherwise we may see leagues taking the unpopular steps again of fines or points deductions for COVID related postponements.

Here is what I thought was a very good article in The Times entitled ‘Film stars, data driven owners, and a Champions League winner - welcome to the National League’ previewing the new season:-

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/film-stars-data-driven-owners-and-a-champions-league-winner-welcome-to-the-national-league-pxv2jdfd6

It highlights for me the enormous step up it is from our level….. best of luck to the likes of Wealdstone trying to compete in there this season.

On 30/07/2021 at 15:25, Reading Rebel said:

Scandalous season ticket prices at Kings Lynn.

£420 for an adult and £380 for a concession.

These prices are for a seat in the stadium.

If you stand it will be £380 and £340.

These prices are the most expensive in the NL.

You can get an ST at Man Utd for £690!!

8 hours ago, Curtis said:

This is very concerning as it has the potential to completely disrupt another season.

Are the rules now that you only need to isolate if:-

1. You test positive

2. You come into contact with someone who has tested positive & you haven’t been double jabbed

If so, shouldn’t there be very few players needing to isolate now?

I think clubs will need to introduce some very strict rules on all their personnel otherwise we may see leagues taking the unpopular steps again of fines or points deductions for COVID related postponements.

2. You don't need to isolate if you have been double jabbed and you have taken a PCR test to prove you haven't got the virus.

It's not mandatory to have the covid vaccination so I'm sure there must be a fair % of players and members of staff at clubs who haven't had or don't want to get the jab.

Besides that even if you've been double jabbed it doesn't 100% prevent someone from testing positive or getting ill from covid.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 15/08/2021 at 13:46, Curtis said:

Matty Stevens scored twice in Forest Greens 3-1 win over Walsall. He now has three goals in the opening two league games of the season.

Matty Stevens is the League Two top goal scorer, having scored in all four of Forest Greens opening season wins, and has 5 goals.

What makes this more remarkable is that he hasn’t played a full 90 minutes yet, and the 5 goals have been scored in only 291 minutes on the field (an average of a goal every 58 minutes).

With the EFL transfer window still open until 31st August, there might be some bigger clubs taking a look at him.

For those that remember the loan period of Elijah Adebayo in late 2016, and his debut hat trick against Bognor, he has been at Luton since February & has scored 6 goals in 22 Championship appearances.

I think it has been great to have seen these players at Slough when they were very young progressing to being successful established professionals.

Do you know of any others during the Bakes & Unders era?