Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Thread Saturday 20th September 2014

The local Staines & Ashford News says " the game was abandoned due to a player threatening others with a weapon, believed to be a pitchfork, after a man from each side was sent off."

WOW ! Almost makes you wish you were there. No wonder all concerned are trying to keep the lid on it - this is just the sort of stuff that could end up in the Sun or, worse still, the Daily Mail.

....or thet Daily Sport ...LOL  

Player from which side tho' ??  Wheres Trevor when we need him for video evidence ha ha ..Seriously, its amazing what players do when they see the red mist......I blame the groundsman for leaving the pitchfork out ..LOL :P !!!!

Didn't something like this happen a couple of seasons ago? A spectator came on the pitch and attacked players or similar? I may be wrong but that game involved Lammas as well didn't it?

Then we also had the Warlingham game where a players family were attacked in the stand weren't they?

Not good for any level of football if these things happen.

Then thre was that game from far far far back, only just before my time, when the captain of one team, Goliath, attacked yhe opposing captain, David.

It seems that David got his sling-shot out, and ever since then, catapaults have been banned on the pitch.  And quite right too !!

What in hells name was a pitch-fork doing lying conveniently close to the players in the first place ????

Smacks of bad ground security in my view !

I look forward to reading the FA's adjudication on the matter with interest.

I suggest people get the facts instead of believing what the papers write. Firstly it wasn't a pitchfork as such but a garden fork used on the pitch to replace divots at HT. Secondly it is not left laying around the pitch, at least not when Ashford play. It is kept in the tunnel area outside of the pitch fence and players gate.

I suggest people get the facts instead of believing what the papers write. Firstly it wasn't a pitchfork as such but a garden fork used on the pitch to replace divots at HT. Secondly it is not left laying around the pitch, at least not when Ashford play. It is kept in the tunnel area outside of the pitch fence and players gate.

I can only go on what is reported.  I can see where the misunderstanding occured.  Perhaps the writer of the article might have said, 'A fork that is used on the pitch',  rather than a  'pitch-fork'.  It just shows it's best to proof-read before hitting  'send/enter'.

It saddens me to see the stick our volunteer groundsman is getting over this.

Let's get it right. The fork in question is a two pronged garden style tool that is kept behind a portacabin at least 10 yards from the pitch perimeter. It's been kept in the same place for as long as I can remember.

I haven't read a single comment about The idiot player that chose to collect it from behind the portacabin and brandish it as a weapon ! Just ridicule of a football club volunteer.

Apparently the manager and his player from C&HFC were joking about the incident on twitter. If he gets the punishment he should, he won't be laughing at a football ground for a very long time.

Nope. It'll stay where it's been for 10 years.

Should we all round off our corner flag spikes just in case some player uses it as a weapon?

My whole point was that a thug has had an easy ride on here and other media because people are fixated on the incorrect statement of his manager that the fork was laying at the side if the pitch.

Lets be honest Slim Boy and Fat Boy, irrespective what type of fork it was, it shouldn't be lying around accessable for someone to find and apparenrly using it as a weapon.

Such utensil should be out of sight under lock and key, IF this was done, none of this would have happened. 

One must look at the source of the matter however, it does not hide the fact that the player chose and decided to use it as a weapon....!      #50/50

Yes and let's lock up all the net pegs and corner flags and don't give out tickets cause the may cause paper cuts. What you don't expect is a dick head player using things as a weapon. In fact let's stop playing and we'll all be safe. Twat