Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

18th/19th November CCL Matches

Baggy Lea 2-2 Hartley

Hanworth 4-3 Horley

MVSCR 2-5 Epsom & Ewell

Molesey P-P Windsor

Chessy P-P Dorking

Aldershot Cup

Chertsey 3-4 Farnham aet

Ashford 4-2 Ash

Surrey Cup

Dorking Wands 9-0 Frimley Green

Redhill P-P RPVFC

Lingfield P-P Westfield

Hanworth Villa 4 Horley Town 3

After 30 minutes this final score looked unlikely. Horley had scored after 9, missed two open goals and were well on top. Villa defenders swearing and shouting at each other. After 30 Villa started to get more in it, but still against the run of play scored two goals in a minute just before half time, the second direct from a corner.

In the second half Horley came back at them and equalised on 59, only for Hanworth to retake the lead on 61. Again Horley fought back and equalised again on 84. Just when a draw looked inevitable, a through ball from Todd on 90 minutes found Hughes 1 on 1 with the keeper, whom he promptly beat to give Villa the win.

So from an unpromising start we had a pretty good game. Both defences weren't up to much, but the pitch was fine, considering this game had been postponed on Saturday.

New Villa manager John Hamsher seems to trying to get them up the table by signing seasoned CCL campaigners, such as Scott Todd, Dale Marvell and Marcus Moody. Going forward they look good, so they'll just have to outscore the opposition.

Just one last thought. A few seasons back, I saw Hanworth beat Slough Town down at The Ranch in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying round in front of 700 people, many of whom sang "Hanworth 'til I die" as they cruised to victory. Last nights attendance was 28 - I counted them. I wonder where those 700 people were ?

Dorking Wanderers 9-0 Frimley Green. Surrey Senior Cup.

A night to forget for a severely depleted Frimley side. Only recognised 4 players! 3 making their debuts apparently. Started with ten as one didn't arrive til 15 minutes in & finished with ten as Page was injured. In truth it could have been into double figures but for some wasteful finishing and last ditch defending. Not a particularly memorable contest for the 5 of us paying spectators!

I must admit Trevor, I was somewhat surprised when I saw the result on the League's mid-week bulletin.

Have a look at my new post re-'Nomads' !!

When I mentioned Frimley players would be leaving on here a few weeks I was accused of talking out or turn. 

Last nights result is a shame when they were so close to the semi finals last year.

you were asked where you got your info from and if you are/were involved thats all,apparantley it could be worse on saturday as a lot of the 1st team are away on some do can you confirm BS.

Just one last thought. A few seasons back, I saw Hanworth beat Slough Town down at The Ranch in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying round in front of 700 people, many of whom sang "Hanworth 'til I die" as they cruised to victory. Last nights attendance was 28 - I counted them. I wonder where those 700 people were ?

Dead, presumably.

I must admit Trevor, I was somewhat surprised when I saw the result on the League's mid-week bulletin.

Have a look at my new post re-'Nomads' !!

Yes I saw the official DW tweet earlier offering out players for loan!

I assume the DW side last night was of reasonable strength and they did look decent. Also regarding last night I realise I can't count & there was 5 FG players that were recognisable rather than 4, as previously stated. Hope they all get to start Saturday (if available for selection of course :) )

Has Tarrsy got his book of football excuses out or has he suddenly got a load of work on.....

I don't really know the lad Tarr but i don't think its his fault as to what has happened,I watched a pre season session that he took and have to say it was really good,I thought he was there to coach or asisst the manager, his aint the final decision as to what goes on so you can't blame him surely BS.