Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures 2/3rd December 2014

Smudge

Tooting & Mitcham 2 Horley Town 2 AET (Horley lost on penalties)

First visit to Tooting's new ground £10 to get in double what Horley charge. Must say the ground lacks atmosphere and Tooting are the most boring side to watch I have seen in years. It was a good game though with both sides playing football unlike Saturday's kicking we got. The first half saw both team have chances with Tooting edging it after hitting the post. The second half saw Horley pushing forward and when the Tooting player played a back pass to the keeper he picked it up, but the referee did not relies and waved play on! Tooting went in front against the run of play but Town came straight back and equalized through great goal by Sub Ayden Richards. Town continued to push and hit the up right. The game went into extra time and again Town were the better side and took the lead through Aidan Richards again, with ten minutes left in the second period of extra time Tooting equalized to send the game into penalties. With all subs used and several players injured and with cramp it was no surprise we lost the penalty shot out.

Funny things from the game
The first half saw four! Tooting stewards standing with us four Horley Town supporters behind the goal!

At full time both teams had agreed to go straight to penalties which the referee started to organism then the surrey FA official instead that extra time was played great shouts of you do not know what your doing from the Tooting fans.

Extra time saw the Tooting fans join the Horley fans behind the goal with loads of abuse from the
village idiot from Tooting and guess what no stewards!

Enjoyed the evening and good performance shame about the result lets hope for better on Saturday in the FA Vase against the favorites.

Windsor 8-1 Ash Utd

Big gulf in class but Ash did try to play football and didn't look too bad at times, they just gave the ball away with relentless regularity, then oddly chose to leave Rob Lazarczuk alone in acres of space during the virtual entirety of the 2nd half when he scored 4 of his 5 goals. He could / possibly should have had 1 or 2 more.

Windsor 8-1 Ash Utd

Big gulf in class but Ash did try to play football and didn't look too bad at times, they just gave the ball away with relentless regularity, then oddly chose to leave Rob Lazarczuk alone in acres of space during the virtual entirety of the 2nd half when he scored 4 of his 5 goals. He could / possibly should have had 1 or 2 more.

Could it have been that most of the 2nd half he was offside and aided by a friendly linesman who was often 10 yards behind play. All the goals on the night were all good finishes and Windsor the far better side and the best I have seen in the CCL Prem this season

Could it have been that most of the 2nd half he was offside and aided by a friendly linesman who was often 10 yards behind play. All the goals on the night were all good finishes and Windsor the far better side and the best I have seen in the CCL Prem this season

There is a point at which laying the blame at the door of a linesman, wholly, or even in part, can look a bit daft. Personally, I'd say an 8-1 boffing isn't an occasion to do this, but each to their own. Watched Ash against  Epsom and they looked OK to the untrained eye. Maybe if someone nets 5 it's a bit churlish to do anything other than doff your cap?

Found this below on another Website.

Exactly,but what can you do,when a mid-table CCL team come out and play football that belongs,at least in the top half of Ryman South.Very unfair of them to ditch the normal CCL game,and come at us like a steam train.I mean they even played a pretty clean game,not like a lot of the CCL footy,I've seen at all.

Did make me chuckle,can you name this mid table CCL Side?

Edited by Smudge

Staines Lammas 2 v 2 Dorking

Not had time to congratulate the lads on here til now.

We are competitive now, and showed spirit to pull back two goals. 

Special well done to Jimmy Brazil, two goals as a second half substitute and a fine penalty complete with mind games and a joyous celebration, should be on our twitter site by now.