Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tues 08th

Manors

I don't think anyone is really enjoying this do you?

I am sure things will pick up at Cove. Always made me welcome there too!

I agree with CC that anyone who cares about football at this level will be wanting Cove to find a solution and to get through this mess.

I think it's sad how everyone is enjoying this. For those that know Phil and Frank you should surely know you couldn't have a more committed and decent pair. Their heart and soul is in Cove , they don't deserve this

Why do cove lot always play the Feel sorry for us card,why do you have to state the obvious we all know that some people have cove in their hearts,but i'm telling you this we are not the ones who will try and exploit this situation no doubt the CV's will be out in force.

Only a question please don't shoot me down

Were cove not paying a few players a year or two ago but did not want promotion when they were flying high therefore players left

Any club that gets into the situation Cove are in have a part in their own downfall and before I get blasted really think about what you are going to come back with

I hope they pull through but it is gonna be a hard climb

Excellent comeback from Windsor tonight - 2-0 down and looking beaten they rallied, clawed their way back into it and deserved the win in the end although Horley did look very dangerous going forward and could easily have nicked a couple more; there again, so could we in that last 30 minutes.

Most enjoyable game for quite a while.

Only a question please don't shoot me down

Were cove not paying a few players a year or two ago but did not want promotion when they were flying high therefore players left

Any club that gets into the situation Cove are in have a part in their own downfall and before I get blasted really think about what you are going to come back with

I hope they pull through but it is gonna be a hard climb

Cove did look at the possibility of going up but when we realised it would cost us upwards of £15000 to go up - ground improvements, we made the decision not to apply , we were being realistiic. I think most clubs in our league would face the same Dillema . Yes our players left because of that and I guess that is a reflection of the game today . We had a good season but won nothing that was the fact in the end

I should imagine a bit of heart was knocked out of them when they realised the club wasn't going to get promoted even if they won the league.

Seems a bit bizarre to pay players when no chance of promotion.

It should have been obvious to everyone that the place needed a non league fortune spent on it before promotion could be approved.

I think it's sad how everyone is enjoying this. For those that know Phil and Frank you should surely know you couldn't have a more committed and decent pair. Their heart and soul is in Cove , they don't deserve this

Agree with people above no-one is enjoying it and also with what Cove supporter said around people working hard.

However sad it is though it is making a mockery of what is meant to be Senior Football and sadly a decision has to be taken soon for the good of the league.

I hope it works out best for all the clubs in the league and that soon Cove are back up and competing.

Krooner has summed things up very well in his last post.

Just to add to this, it was an intensely frustrating situation last night. 

I believe we will be able to claim certain costs of the match back like programme costs and food etc. but we won't get anything back for individual player expenses, or of course everyone's time. One of our guys travelled up from Bognor Regis last night and it was frustrating to only be notified at about 6.00 last night. The general consensus was that Cove should have let us know they were struggling earlier in the day. 

I must admit, I wasn't completely surprised. I said earlier in the thread that I just hope they arrive.

This is the first time in our entire senior history that we have had a situation like this. I don't know exactly what the league rules say in terms of penalties but as this is a second League default of the season (Bedfont Sports) I imagine that the league will be fairly hard on them. Everyone here sympathises with their plight but this is Senior football and in terms of our expenses and match official (and assessor) costs it will probably cost them close to £500 and that is not including the size of any league fines that may follow. I am guessing they face a similar bill at Bedfont Sports too.

I must admit I am struggling to understand why the loss of a sponsor has caused so much trouble financially. OK so you remove the player budget, but others in this league do too and aren't in this state. They also have a nice Social club. Many clubs out there have this exact arrangement and haven't had a sponsor for years but they manage too. Does the social club revenue not cover club expenses?

Which begs the question. Where do Cove go from here?

Would it be cheaper for the club if they were to resign from the league at this point and hope to be accepted back at Step Six next season, which most CCL clubs would probably agree to at any AGM, or will more damage be done to their reputation by continuing and quite probably defaulting again at some point in the future? Let's be honest, they will not be at Step Five next season whichever course of action they take. I'm not advocating quitting here, I am talking about the survival of a club whose reputation is suffering badly, both on and off the field.

Cove did look at the possibility of going up but when we realised it would cost us upwards of £15000 to go up - ground improvements, we made the decision not to apply , we were being realistiic. I think most clubs in our league would face the same Dillema . Yes our players left because of that and I guess that is a reflection of the game today . We had a good season but won nothing that was the fact in the end

Find this quote quite insulting, as a player that played for cove. A lot f players travelled from here there and everywhere for over 3 years to play for cove, not asking for any extra £ even when we were doing well, an then finally finding out that there is no chance of promotion players left to better their own career. An this seems to have been a good decision looking at the position HWFC are in. (Most are earning the same money btw) so to say it's sad that this is what today's game is like is not a fair comment at all. Not one cove player from last year received a call about this year to stay, weather their mind was made up or not, so maybe the problem lies closer to home?

Find this quote quite insulting, as a player that played for cove. A lot f players travelled from here there and everywhere for over 3 years to play for cove, not asking for any extra £ even when we were doing well, an then finally finding out that there is no chance of promotion players left to better their own career. An this seems to have been a good decision looking at the position HWFC are in. (Most are earning the same money btw) so to say it's sad that this is what today's game is like is not a fair comment at all. Not one cove player from last year received a call about this year to stay, weather their mind was made up or not, so maybe the problem lies closer to home?

Surely you earn money at work,why do you think players have to be paid at this level ?Not having a go but am really interested to know why there is this mind set.

cove supporters post said the deciding factor was purely money orientated. This is most definitely not the case or that team would have fallen apart way before it did. When travelling 3 times a week at least I think expenses are justified would you agree?

Do you possibly split your expenses with the volunteers at clubs? The voluntary management teams that travel 3 times a week too.

The bar lady volunteering her time etc

Krooner has summed things up very well in his last post.

Just to add to this, it was an intensely frustrating situation last night.

I believe we will be able to claim certain costs of the match back like programme costs and food etc. but we won't get anything back for individual player expenses, or of course everyone's time. One of our guys travelled up from Bognor Regis last night and it was frustrating to only be notified at about 6.00 last night. The general consensus was that Cove should have let us know they were struggling earlier in the day.

I must admit, I wasn't completely surprised. I said earlier in the thread that I just hope they arrive.

This is the first time in our entire senior history that we have had a situation like this. I don't know exactly what the league rules say in terms of penalties but as this is a second League default of the season (Bedfont Sports) I imagine that the league will be fairly hard on them. Everyone here sympathises with their plight but this is Senior football and in terms of our expenses and match official (and assessor) costs it will probably cost them close to £500 and that is not including the size of any league fines that may follow. I am guessing they face a similar bill at Bedfont Sports too.

I must admit I am struggling to understand why the loss of a sponsor has caused so much trouble financially. OK so you remove the player budget, but others in this league do too and aren't in this state. They also have a nice Social club. Many clubs out there have this exact arrangement and haven't had a sponsor for years but they manage too. Does the social club revenue not cover club expenses?

Which begs the question. Where do Cove go from here?

Would it be cheaper for the club if they were to resign from the league at this point and hope to be accepted back at Step Six next season, which most CCL clubs would probably agree to at any AGM, or will more damage be done to their reputation by continuing and quite probably defaulting again at some point in the future? Let's be honest, they will not be at Step Five next season whichever course of action they take. I'm not advocating quitting here, I am talking about the survival of a club whose reputation is suffering badly, both on and off the field.

Why should they be accepted into step 6 automatically? Its obvious the club want to be a step 6 side for some strange reason. Surely the penalty for showing such insult to senior football is to be shown the door and be expelled from senior football and have to start again.

cove supporters post said the deciding factor was purely money orientated. This is most definitely not the case or that team would have fallen apart way before it did. When travelling 3 times a week at least I think expenses are justified would you agree?

so long as the club can afford it then its not a problem and so long as its a realistic amount 10 quid should be enough for fuel or find a club closer to where you live maybe.