Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tues 08th

Manors

I genuinely feel sorry for all at Cove, having been connected with a club that had serious problems in the past.

The season of goodwill is upon us, so I hope Santa can find a good manager with contacts that isn't in the game for the money.  Somehow, I feel this is unlikely.

Do you possibly split your expenses with the volunteers at clubs? The voluntary management teams that travel 3 times a week too.

The bar lady volunteering her time etc

An interesting comment! When we lost at Ascot in the Vase last season, our keeper (wrongly sent off in that game btw) said he wanted to win the game for all the volunteer people at the club who work hard to keep the club going as much as, if not more than, for himself. I wont forget that, all too rare, comment and such statements make our efforts all the more worthwhile!

An interesting comment! When we lost at Ascot in the Vase last season, our keeper (wrongly sent off in that game btw) said he wanted to win the game for all the volunteer people at the club who work hard to keep the club going as much as, if not more than, for himself. I wont forget that, all too rare, comment and such statements make our efforts all the more worthwhile!

I find alot of players dont appreciate the efforts of volunteers. Who provides freshly washed kit. Gets the ground ready for football?

And thats exactly what i told a recent poster on here far far more players get 10 quid or less not the 100 that was quoted,rumour after rumour about the amounts that are paid to players has never been true,so clubs who are paying for players out there take it straight from the horses mouth (CCLPremplayer)its only expenses you need to pay i.e.petrol money and they will play for you,it would amaze a lot of you how little players get paid in leagues such as the conference.

Indeed and a legend he truly is.

At the risk of continuing the hi-jacking of this specific thread....

Lets be honest. Without UNPAID volunteers who turn up at the club because they love their club, football at our level would just cease to exist.

Edited by Big J R

Well this has certainly kicked things off on here hasn't it.

My view is that most players actually do consider what the volunteers do and most are appreciative of it even if at times they don't show it.  What they don't have is the heart for the clubs like the volunteers and they will eventually move on.  There are plenty of ex Camberley players dotted around the CCL and I honestly cannot name one that I do not like and wouldn't speak and have a drink with if the opportunity arises. 

And of course how many volunteers are bothered when a player is replaced with a player they would consider better ?

There are 4 parts to all this.  the volunteers that run the league, The volunteers that do all the off field stuff, the on field team of managers and players and then the match officials.  We all at times have a go at the other 3 parts and even our own part however we are all there for the football and without each group there would be none. 

Should players be paid for playing at this level.  In my opinion no but it shouldn't cost them and the clubs should look after them as much as the players should respect what the volunteers do for the club.  However I am pragmatic enough to know that there are bound to be players that are paid more than just expenses (Cue accusations of Camberleys budget !)

Cove are in a bad place and as has been mentioned I am sure we all want them to come out of that going forward in whatever shape that takes and is best for everyone.

Why should they be accepted into step 6 automatically? Its obvious the club want to be a step 6 side for some strange reason. Surely the penalty for showing such insult to senior football is to be shown the door and be expelled from senior football and have to start again.

I have never said they should be accepted back into Step Six automatically. I said "hope to" and again this would be subject to ratification from other league members. In their apparent situation, unless they can guarantee the league that another default can't happen, it may be in their best interests to consider resigning and applying for that course of action. A decision like that would be understood by most clubs and be preferable to the situation last night and it would give them time to reorganise themselves which is the most important thing.

I would also be careful about using the line "such insult to senior football". My club nearly folded in the seventies and many others hang by a thread, due to the hard work of many off the field. Whilst disappointed in Cove's non-arrival I wouldn't even begin to use that sort of word until we know the real facts of the case. It is very easy to get carried away on a forum and find different parties guilty without any facts whatsoever, just a bit of hearsay. 

Clearly they are short of players. That's about the only fact we have right now.

Edited by E&E Rich

Do you possibly split your expenses with the volunteers at clubs? The voluntary management teams that travel 3 times a week too.

The bar lady volunteering her time etc

Small point of order....

I totally and completely appreciate that every club is almost totally reliant on volunteers but the bar lady & Co probably don't risk injury during the games and, potentially lose work / income as a result.

Nor are they the people that the spectators pay to watch.

Small point of order....

I totally and completely appreciate that every club is almost totally reliant on volunteers but the bar lady & Co probably don't risk injury during the games and, potentially lose work / income as a result.

Nor are they the people that the spectators pay to watch.

I don't know Rother.  Over the years there have certainly been some I would pay to get in and see :)

I don't know Rother.  Over the years there have certainly been some I would pay to get in and see :)

Quite so, young Kroons, but sometimes 'silence is golden'  !!

:bolt:

Excellent comeback from Windsor tonight - 2-0 down and looking beaten they rallied, clawed their way back into it and deserved the win in the end although Horley did look very dangerous going forward and could easily have nicked a couple more; there again, so could we in that last 30 minutes.

Most enjoyable game for quite a while.

Wasn't there unfortunately, but from what I heard we should of been out of sight at halftime with 4-5 one on ones.

But saying that 2-0 up should be enough to win away from home at this level. We will learn.

Find this quote quite insulting, as a player that played for cove. A lot f players travelled from here there and everywhere for over 3 years to play for cove, not asking for any extra £ even when we were doing well, an then finally finding out that there is no chance of promotion players left to better their own career. An this seems to have been a good decision looking at the position HWFC are in. (Most are earning the same money btw) so to say it's sad that this is what today's game is like is not a fair comment at all. Not one cove player from last year received a call about this year to stay, weather their mind was made up or not, so maybe the problem lies closer to home?

Find this quote quite insulting, as a player that played for cove. A lot f players travelled from here there and everywhere for over 3 years to play for cove, not asking for any extra £ even when we were doing well, an then finally finding out that there is no chance of promotion players left to better their own career. An this seems to have been a good decision looking at the position HWFC are in. (Most are earning the same money btw) so to say it's sad that this is what today's game is like is not a fair comment at all. Not one cove player from last year received a call about this year to stay, weather their mind was made up or not, so maybe the problem lies closer to home?